Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

To the Biden supporters and defenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Obviously "they" think Joe needs detailed instructions reminding him to do something as simple as walk into a room, say hello to the reporters, and take his seat. Why do you suppose that is?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    At the G7 Summit, French president Marcon pulls Joe aside for a quick chat about oil production, and Joe doesn't appear to register a single word said to him. In fact, he barely even glances at Marcon and only mumbles once in response, and the rest of time just stares blankly at his handler while Marcon searches Joe's face for a sign of comprehension.

Last edited by Mountain Man; 06-28-2022, 08:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Obviously "they" think Joe needs detailed instructions reminding him to do something as simple as walk into a room, say hello to the reporters, and take his seat. Why do you suppose that is?
    I think this has obviously become a case of "I can't admit I was wrong, so...."

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic View Post

The point is, we don't know that he needed it.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I think wrt Thomas he had been waiting a long time for just this sort of case.
    And when that perfect pitch came, he knocked it out of the park.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I think what's missing is that they didn't just "up and decide" to end RvW, but a case was presented to them that forced their hand.
    I think wrt Thomas he had been waiting a long time for just this sort of case.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Yeah, the entire "they lied!" is a putrid load of horse squeeze since SCOTUS nominees make a point of not answering hypothetical questions about how they would respond to a hypothetical case (or even a real one making its way through the courts), which doesn't stop politicians from both sides from asking them anyways.
    I think what's missing is that they didn't just "up and decide" to end RvW, but a case was presented to them that forced their hand.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Yup - I've seen that contrast highlighted even on our local news.

By the way -- one of our ABC Affiliates has it's own "fact checking" segment, and last night it was about the claim that 3 of the Justices lied about the way they would (or would not) vote on RvW.

They laid out the claim, then, to my amazement, declared each of the allegations FALSE --- they did not lie, and it is not proper for them to reveal how they would vote on a hypothetical case not actually before them.
    Yeah, the entire "they lied!" is a putrid load of horse squeeze since SCOTUS nominees make a point of not answering hypothetical questions about how they would respond to a hypothetical case (or even a real one making its way through the courts), which doesn't stop politicians from both sides from asking them anyways.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Remember how the press and Democrats (sorry for the redundancy) had an absolute field day the time Trump came down the steps from Air Force One rather gingerly?

But the ever-growing mountain of evidence that our current president is well into his dotage is continually swept under the rug.
    Yup - I've seen that contrast highlighted even on our local news.

By the way -- one of our ABC Affiliates has it's own "fact checking" segment, and last night it was about the claim that 3 of the Justices lied about the way they would (or would not) vote on RvW.

They laid out the claim, then, to my amazement, declared each of the allegations FALSE --- they did not lie, and it is not proper for them to reveal how they would vote on a hypothetical case not actually before them.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Can you even imagine if this had happened to Reagan?

As a matter of fact, it would have been GREAT to present this as "look at the cheat sheet Reagan had", to see the lefties blow up.

(Kinda like Jessie Watters sets up the "on the street" interviews where he presents some outrageous statement, then reveals it was a Democrat who said it)
    Remember how the press and Democrats (sorry for the redundancy) had an absolute field day the time Trump came down the steps from Air Force One rather gingerly?

But the ever-growing mountain of evidence that our current president is well into his dotage is continually swept under the rug.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    The rumor is that old Joe is quite pleased with himself for finally beating himself at Tic Tac Toe
    Can you even imagine if this had happened to Reagan?

As a matter of fact, it would have been GREAT to present this as "look at the cheat sheet Reagan had", to see the lefties blow up.

(Kinda like Jessie Watters sets up the "on the street" interviews where he presents some outrageous statement to a liberal interviewee, then reveals it was a Democrat who said it)

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Lookie at the picture (not video) I present here...

biden padfolio.jpg

See that padfolio Biden never seems to be without? It has hand-written notes on it. Maybe additional "YOU do this" instructions, too!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Ah, so somebody went through the trouble of printing up this very official looking 'document' just for grins and giggles.

And, rather than toss it aside, he hung onto it to scribble some notes, because there is no other writing material available in DC.
    The rumor is that old Joe is quite pleased with himself for finally beating himself at Tic Tac Toe

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Ah, so somebody went through the trouble of printing up this very official looking 'document' just for grins and giggles.

And, rather than toss it aside, he hung onto it to scribble some notes, because there is no other writing material available in DC.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Leave a comment: