Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

To the Biden supporters and defenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Rogue: If it were just someone getting carried away and old Joe didn't need such reminders, Biden would have stuffed it in his pocket and ignored it as unnecessary

Stoic: Or... maybe he decided to use the back of it to scribble some notes about something that he really needed to remember. Gee, it's fun speculating on insufficient information, isn't it?

Rogue: Almost as much fun as making up a scenario that there just isn't any evidence for.

Stoic: Well, now there is. Watch the video.

Cowpoke: blah, blah, blah
    All of which conveniently ignores the fact that someone feels it necessary to provide him with instructions for walking into a room and taking a seat.

And given how far and fast old Joe is deteriorating before us, I'll wager those scribbled notes involved which ice cream cone he wanted as a reward if he didn't make an utter fool out of himself.

I wonder if they had one of his keepers dressed in a bunny suit ready to burst into the room and step in front of Biden, waving their arms and dragging him off in case of Level 1 Duffer Gone Off the Reservation Alert. I mean simply killing the feed to his mic won't work in this sort of situation.

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
    Really? From all my reading of Stars posts the absolute best thing he's said about Biden or the Dems is that they're better than the Republicans, which isn't really saying anything. He's always preferred Sanders over the more corporate Dems.

I've only noticed because his views on them are so similar to my own.
    In the first 3-6 months of Biden's administration he surprised me by actually doing some good things. So I praised him for temporarily exceeding my super-low expectations.

But about 6 months in it became clear that the Senate Republicans and Manchin / Sinema weren't going to vote for things Biden wanted to do, and he basically gave up trying at that point. It's been pretty sad to watch since then. Even if he feels powerless to deal with the Senate, there are still plenty of executive orders he could pass that he hasn't been.

Leave a comment:

• EvoUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I don't read all of your posts and it appears I wasn't involved in those threads. But it's not my imagination that you have been singing his praises for some time.
    Really? From all my reading of Stars posts the absolute best thing he's said about Biden or the Dems is that they're better than the Republicans, which isn't really saying anything. He's always preferred Sanders over the more corporate Dems.

I've only noticed because his views on them are so similar to my own.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Why did the old duffer even need it in the first place? You can't seem to answer that.
    The point is, we don't know that he needed it.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Rogue: If it were just someone getting carried away and old Joe didn't need such reminders, Biden would have stuffed it in his pocket and ignored it as unnecessary

Stoic: Or... maybe he decided to use the back of it to scribble some notes about something that he really needed to remember. Gee, it's fun speculating on insufficient information, isn't it?

Rogue: Almost as much fun as making up a scenario that there just isn't any evidence for.

Why did the old duffer even need it in the first place? You can't seem to answer that.

(Come on, H_A, this is YOU, isn't it?)

Leave a comment:

• Stoic
    replied

Well, yeah, but you had to be dragged to that little fact.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Well, now there is. Watch the video.
    Well, yeah, but you had to be dragged to that little fact.

And you seem to think that him scribbling stuff on the back somehow makes it less a fiasco.
    Does anybody type up little lists like that for you to get through a meeting?

STOIC POSTING ON TWEB

YOU turn YOUR computer on
    YOU sit down in YOUR chair
    YOU log in to Tweb
    YOU say hello to YOUR dog
    YOU read the post of others
    YOU type YOUR own responses.....

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Yeah, still doesn't explain why he's being handed cheat sheets that look like they're written for a child. Or why Jill feels the need to give him similar verbal instructions when they appear on stage together (something she has done more than once). Or why "they" feel like they need to send a costumed staffer out to literally wave in his face in order to distract him from answering simple questions posed by the press (like we saw at the White House Easter event). And on the list goes. You might be able to explain away one or two of them, but you can't explain away all of them.
    When he was signing the new gun legislation, Jill was hovering over him, and nobody else in the room. She's watching like she's really hoping he signs in the right place.

(You don't think Jill is "they", do you?) (naw.... Jill can't be "they")

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

Yeah, still doesn't explain why he's being handed cheat sheets that look like they're written for a child. Or why Jill feels the need to give him similar verbal instructions when they appear on stage together (something she has done more than once). Or why "they" feel like they need to send a costumed staffer out to literally wave in his face in order to distract him from answering simple questions posed by the press (like we saw at the White House Easter event). And on the list goes. You might be able to explain away one or two of them, but you can't explain away all of them.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Almost as much fun as making up a scenario that there just isn't any evidence for.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Thanks for confirming that he was referring to hand written notes on the back side.
    We never denied there was scribbling on the back.
    If you woulda watched the VIDEO, you would have seen it for yourself.
    It's WHY we got to see his cheat sheet -- he screwed up.
    He wasn't supposed to show the front side, and by looking at his scribbling on the backside, he exposed his cheat notes somebody else prepared for him.

I TOLD you I'd take your word for it...
    Yeah, well, if you had done just a teenie little checking into it before shooting your mouth off....

Seriously, what Chief Executive has a Cheat Sheet prepared for himself to tell him what to do and when?

You'd look a lot less foolish if you'd just say, "yeah, that's weird".

Leave a comment:

• Stoic
    replied

That's WHY we got VIDEO of it! Cause he was trying to read his own notes (or somebody's) from the back side.
    Thanks for confirming that he was referring to hand written notes on the back side.

This here is what us old farts call "VIDEO"....

You really coulda found that if you looked just a little.
    I TOLD you I'd take your word for it...

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

way whuh???? this is about me?
    Stopped watch and all that.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    He does it to me all the time.
    way whuh???? this is about me?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Quick draw CP. I deleted that redundant post within 15 seconds!
    He does it to me all the time.

Leave a comment: