Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, leaves issue up to states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post

Hopefully those ways are more dangerous for the serial killers.

Most of the public has no real passion for abortion, one way or the other. The only people mad about it are:

a) whores
    b) ugly/fat liberals that will never conceivably copulate
    c) rapists on the hook for child support

I dunno which group you belong to but your sputtering is my pleasure.
    As crass as this post is, it isn't that far off. You did miss one extremely large group. 4) Indoctrinated college girls who were brainwashed into being angry by their ugly, fat, and/or lesbian professors.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      It's 6-3.

Roberts concurred in judgment - fancy for I'm voting for the decision because it is correct but I don't agree with the reasoning.

Still counts since he is voting for the same outcome.

Also I freaking hate Microsoft Edge! It messed up the way my computer opens pdf's! Once I finally figured that out Alito wrote a danged novel with TWO appendices almost as long. Roberts' concurrence was third!
      ok 5 1/2 to 3 then.

Comment

• Criminals will be gearing up to supply abortion pills, establish new smuggling routes, and so on. Christians are responsible for leaving their own women at the mercy of criminal gangs.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          Criminals will be gearing up to supply abortion pills, establish new smuggling routes, and so on. Christians are responsible for leaving their own women at the mercy of criminal gangs.
          Child killers are not our women.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

That's... weird. I don't approve of homosexual practice or gay "marriage," but I'm not sure of a secular basis for making either illegal.
            I'd like to see some sort of provision or something allowing churches and Christian business owners legal protection for refusing to participate.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I'd like to see some sort of provision or something allowing churches and Christian business owners legal protection for refusing to participate.
              The constitution is already supposed to do that.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post

The constitution is already supposed to do that.
                Yes, but we know how that goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                  Criminals will be gearing up to supply abortion pills, establish new smuggling routes, and so on. Christians are responsible for leaving their own women at the mercy of criminal gangs.
                  At least that's your hope, you moral degenerate.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Gun Control....

Criminals will be gearing up to supply guns and ammo, establish new smuggling routes, and so on. Christians are responsible for leaving their own unarmed families at the mercy of criminal gangs.

See how that works?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Gun Control....

Criminals will be gearing up to supply guns and ammo, establish new smuggling routes, and so on. Christians are responsible for leaving their own unarmed families at the mercy of criminal gangs.

See how that works?
                      To love guns is to embrace also gun violence. They are inseparable and inconsistent with civilised society. “Love thy neighbour” does not mean - be ready to blast his head off.

So we must lead by example, leave your guns at home to rust.
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

To love guns is to embrace also gun violence.
                        This is so obviously not true, and a gross distortion of somebody who supports the Second Amendment.
                        I, for example, don't love guys - I love LIBERTY.
                        And I don't love gun violence, as I have actually served to thwart gun violence.
                        (Armed with guns at the time, by the way)

They are inseparable and inconsistent with civilised society. “Love thy neighbour” does not mean - be ready to blast his head off.
                        In the event that lethal force is necessary for home defense, the last thing you want to do is "blast his head off".
                        You'd be aiming for body center mass.

Fortunately, there are some very special lubricants and protectants to prevent such a tragedy.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

To love guns is to embrace also gun violence. They are inseparable and inconsistent with civilised society. “Love thy neighbour” does not mean - be ready to blast his head off.

firstfloor is fine with killing babies but draws the line at killing criminals or invaders.

Comment

• Also, private gun ownership is a hallmark of civilization. What else are you going to duel with?

Pistols owned by Catherine the Great:

In contrast, liberals dress in ugly, uncivilized baboon couture that displays their fat rolls and hideous tattoos to the world while fighting by throwing trash cans and beating people with bike locks and 2x4s they stole from dad's shed.

Comment

This is so obviously not true, and a gross distortion of somebody who supports the Second Amendment.
                              I, for example, don't love guys - I love LIBERTY.
                              And I don't love gun violence, as I have actually served to thwart gun violence.
                              (Armed with guns at the time, by the way)

In the event that lethal force is necessary for home defense, the last thing you want to do is "blast his head off".
                              You'd be aiming for body center mass.

Fortunately, there are some very special lubricants and protectants to prevent such a tragedy.
                              Guns are not for personal use but for State security by means of a well regulated militia - formed to control slaves. You cannot cherrypick the second amendment. Post slavery, private gun ownership is unnecessary.

come on America, get a grip!

Comment

Gun Control....

See how that works?
                                For that matter, you could argue against just about any law using that reasoning, because someone will always try to figure a way around it.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment