Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, leaves issue up to states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine how screwed up in the head you have to be to be angry and riot because more babies will live.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

But Joe said "peace peace peace". And you know how EVERYBODY hangs on every word Joe says!
      I like his word "Andmerphdwenffl."

Comment

• So, while the libs are having hearings trying to nail Trump for inciting riots, the libs are out inciting riots.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Imagine how screwed up in the head you have to be to be angry and riot because more babies will live.
          Let's be real. They're angry because the prince of this world, their father, is angry human sacrifices to him have been obstructed. Though, of course, they don't know this.

Comment

• The wording is so misleading, but at least it is some sort of map

states.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Well it may come to that. Welfare and more of it. Unless of course having had all these future babies born, the American conservatives and the religious right who have campaigned to let them be birthed are content to sit back and let them live in squalor.

We shall see in the coming years if Sister Joan Chittister's remarks from 2004 were wrong or right.
              If it stops an abortion, I'm more than willing to take a baby in.

Life is precious.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                If it stops an abortion, I'm more than willing to take a baby in.

Life is precious.
                From my Texas State Senator...

Today, the Supreme Court of the United States overruled the nearly 50-year-old Roe v Wade decision from 1973. This marks a monumental victory for Texans who value the life of the unborn. With this landmark decision, the highest court has returned the issue to individual states along with the power to set their own abortion laws.

Last year, the Texas Legislature passed a law that makes this reversal of Roe v Wade effective 30 days from today’s ruling.

Like many of you, I believe every life is precious. That’s why last session, in the state budget I worked to increase alternatives to abortion by over $100 million and sponsored HB 133 to extend postpartum Medicaid for women. Together, we can create a culture of life.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

I'm hearing different things - was this a 6-3 or 5-4 decision.
                  I haven't seen it myself. When I look it up, I'm seeing 6-3. I'll try to find the decision itself tonight.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                    The wording is so misleading, but at least it is some sort of map

states.jpg
                    Nah, we have 23 that have or will enact bans effective with the overturn of Roe.

Yes, I'll look it up later tonight.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It will be interesting to see what happens now that abortion is, once again, a states issue. I wonder if insurance providers will be "encouraged" to provide coverage for out of state abortions?
                      I SOOOO hope so - that puts the whole state border limitation straight into the firing line! The instant they do anywhere near an actual red state they will get sued into the stone age.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Just a couple of questions.

Who is going to care for all these unwanted full-term babies that will now be born [some of whom may have severe handicaps or genetic conditions]?
                        Why don't you take one?

What financial and/or economic proposals can anyone here suggest [or recommend] that will provide the wherewithal to house, feed, educate, and eventually provide jobs for this year on year considerable addition to the US population?

We get more people illegally crossing the borders each year. Literally.

Also, it turns out that artificially reducing the size of a generation has some nasty consequences when your country ends up with more old people than young. The US will have to actively work to encourage families just to get back up to replacement levels. And we're in better shape than most - I believe that includes Germany.*

*Apologies if I recalled incorrectly - I recall you being German. I tend to notice just because I spent three years learning German and never got to really use it.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The question was about the increase in numbers of unwanted pregnancies. Are there enough resources to provide for all those unwanted children if the mothers, despite centres like your own, still do not want to keep them? How many more thousands of Americans are prepared to adopt as each year more unwanted infants arrive in the world? Particularly those infants with disabilities or genetic conditions.
                          Yes, easily - we have a huge number of people that end up going abroad just to adopt. FYI, there are quite a number that adopt special needs kids, too.

And the second question was:

What financial and/or economic proposals can anyone here suggest [or recommend] that will provide the wherewithal to house, feed, educate, and eventually provide jobs for this year on year considerable addition to the US population?
                          This is literally a non-issue, given the number of abortions. Only the big cities will even be able to identify the uptick - otherwise, it's statistically inconsequential and our existing social services and charities can easily take up the slack.

We're also one of the more generous peoples - so even if we did have a problem, we could solve it without a new government program. As spread out as the impact will be, most churches can cover the emergency costs with a spaghetti supper - two if the mom is sick.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I am just interested in how all this is going to pan out. If the present adoption services and demand can cope - then great it will all have worked out beautifully.
                            They can. Assuming no reduction in unwanted pregnancies - which is dumb as the numbers have been falling for years - the number of live births isn't even a statistical tick on the population chart.

We literally offer free birth control in every county in every state in the Union.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Factor those in as well and you may find the USA has a serious issues with an increasing population.
                              We have twice the land mass, and double the productive capacity of Europe and only about half the population. We literally help feed the world as it is. The border crisis is problematic but it's a decade or more at its current level (look for that to end next February) from being a burden the US can't handle economically.

FYI: I'm all for building the wall - mass immigration does pose problems for us, but it also relieves political pressure from badly run nations and they need that pressure to become better run nations.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

If they can afford to. It is the poor who as ever will be the ones who feel the brunt of this.
                                Free - FREE - birth control. Every state in the Union. Going to the health department to get your depo shot is just not that much of a problem - and all the real poor people know it.

Abortions, however, aren't free - PP ain't a charity. You really think these girls are poor? At $800 a pop at least? Cash, before service.

Stupid middle class girls will survive just fine. Most of their parents already live in stupid states and those that don't can afford the plane ticket. But the truth is, most will just get their stupid kid to the doctor for that monthly depo - cheaper and easier than moving.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment