Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, leaves issue up to states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna need more popcorn as I watch liberals have total metal-downs. As if Roe v. Woe wasn't built on spurious legal reasoning anyways. Which is a whole separate issue from the morality or ethics of abortion.

All this means is that states can decide for themselves, so now the game in on for pro-life advocates. Time to get busy!
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
      I'm gonna need more popcorn as I watch liberals have total metal-downs.
      Yup - it shows them for who they are ---- WAAAaaaaaannnnnhhhhhh, we didn't get our way --- RIOT!!!! (mostly or somewhat peacefully, of course)

As if Roe v. Woe wasn't built on spurious legal reasoning anyways. Which is a whole separate issue from the morality or ethics of abortion.
      And even liberal experts have cited that.

All this means is that states can decide for themselves, so now the game in on for pro-life advocates. Time to get busy!
      And the liberals will actually have to come up with solid arguments for killing babies, rather than just scream, "BUT SCOTUS!!!!"

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

As if you really cared.

The hope is that 1) Women (and perhaps even men) will be discouraged from engaging in promiscuous sex if they live in a state where abortion is illegal;
        Just "perhaps even men"? Can men continue to be promiscuous as long as their female partners take necessary precautions?

and 2) If they are pregnant in a state where abortion is illegal, they might actually take on the responsibility of being a compassionate and caring parent who will provide for her child's needs.
        And then again she might not.

This idea that millions of unwanted children will suddenly be born and abandoned to the care of the state is, I think, an unlikely scenario.
        Somehow all these future new borns will need to be cared for. And I am not sure if adoption demand for new borns will be enough to provide parents for all these unwanted babies, particularly as this is going to be a regular occurrence year on year. Between 2017 and 2019 around 1.8 million legal abortions took place. Even allowing for a drop in numbers can adoption services find parents for around 300- 400,000 babies every year?
        Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 06-24-2022, 03:53 PM.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
          Just "perhaps even men"? Can men continue to be promiscuous as long as their female partners take necessary precautions?

And then again she might not.

Somehow all these future new borns will need to be cared for. And I am not sure if adoption demand for new borns will be enough to provide parents for all these unwanted babies, particularly as this is going to be a regular occurrence year on year. Between 2017 and 2019 around 1.8 million legal abortions took place. Even allowing for a drop in numbers can adoption services find parents for around 300- 400,000 babies every year?
          Yes, I know, you are so very desperate to see this turn into a worst case scenario. You are almost giddy with anticipation. But I honestly don't think it will happen.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yes, I know, you are so very desperate to see this turn into a worst case scenario. You are almost giddy with anticipation. But I honestly don't think it will happen.
            I am just interested in how all this is going to pan out. If the present adoption services and demand can cope - then great it will all have worked out beautifully.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You think she's as worried about the millions of illegal aliens who are invading our country, and who will care for them, and provide them with clothing and healthcare and jobs...?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You think she's as worried about the millions of illegal aliens who are invading our country, and who will care for them, and provide them with clothing and healthcare and jobs...?
                Factor those in as well and you may find the USA has a serious issues with an increasing population.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Charlie Kirk tweeted: "And just like that, the Left claims to know what a woman is again."

Fortunately, a lot of women are figuring how how nutty the left is.

Comment

I predict that American women will move from forced childbirth states to pro-choice states, and stop doing Christianity.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      I predict that American women will move from forced childbirth states to pro-choice states, and stop doing Christianity.
                      Let them.

And if they call themselves Christian and do so, then they aren't.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                        What, all of them?

Comment

If they can afford to. It is the poor who as ever will be the ones who feel the brunt of this.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

"stop doing Christianity"?

You know, in the US, you can actually move from state to state without special papers!

AND..... tons of people are leaving Blue States for Red States --- maybe the abortion tourists can backfill the vacancy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

If they can afford to. It is the poor who as ever will be the ones who feel the brunt of this.
                              The liberals always pretend to care about the poor. Welfare, ya know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The liberals always pretend to care about the poor. Welfare, ya know.
                                They try to wrap their thirst for the blood of unborn children in a cheap veneer of compassion.

Comment