Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, leaves issue up to states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Not long before old Joe came on, NBC's political director and host of Meet the Press, Chuck Todd, was quite upset. He called the Supreme Court "rigged" and complained

"This Court's makeup isn't fair and square. It isn't representative of where the country is and even was"

And to think that there once was a time that I used to think he was a bit smarter than your typical news reader. That illusion was dashed long time ago but he just keeps demonstrating why.

1. technically he used the traditional weaselly way a reporter conveys their personal opinion by couch it in terms like "they say" and "some say" -- which is what Todd did here, although he used "there's a lot of people who believe"
    It looks like this might be the focus group tested response.

Jaime Harrison, who is the chairman of the Democratic National Committee, is calling the court "illegitimate"

"It isn't up to you, this illegitimate court, or a bunch of state elected officials to decide what happens to a woman's body"

This is echoed by AOC, who apparently was with a group of protestors near the Supreme Court chanting "This decision is illegitimate."

She did say "People will die because of this decision" ironically ignoring how many lives will now be saved because of this decision.

Mehdi Hasan, MSNBC host of the Mehdi Hasan Show, is calling for court packing, and even running on it

"Expand the court. Do it now, Dems. Run on it if need be, in the midterms"

Endgaget's senior reporter and associate editor seemed to think that there is something more needed and tweeted "Burn Down the Supreme Court."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

They've been going around and firebombing pro-life (which have little to do with the "pro-choice" issue) facilities and churches this whole time. It just hasn't been getting much national attention.

Perhaps going out in the streets and destroying things might wane, while being replaced with actual increased organized terror attacks that continue to fly below the MSM radar.
      Even full scale city destroying riots will "fly below the MSM radar" (as long as the rioters are fellow liberals).
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

I think it was 5+1 for, 3 against. The +1 was a justice who gave his own summary rather than contributing to the joint summary.
        This ^ is my understanding.

Alito wrote the majority opinion. Four Justices joined him. Roberts wrote a separate "concurrence." He agreed that both Roe and Casey were incorrect, but wished they could find a way to uphold the Missouri law without overturning Roe and Casey. Turley said Roberts is becoming more and more of an institutionalist and incrementalist, with a very strong commitment to Stare Decisis, and becoming increasingly isolated on the Court in terms of his approach to decisions.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Even full scale city destroying riots will "fly below the MSM radar" (as long as the rioters are fellow liberals).
          I doubt they'd ignore it because it would get them ratings. But they'd justify it and call it "righteous violence."

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

This ^ is my understanding.

Alito wrote the majority opinion. Four Justices joined him. Roberts wrote a separate "concurrence." He agreed that both Roe and Casey were incorrect, but wished they could find a way to uphold the Missouri law without overturning Roe and Casey. Turley said Roberts is becoming more and more of an institutionalist and incrementalist, with a very strong commitment to Stare Decisis, and becoming increasingly isolated on the Court in terms of his approach to decisions.
            I admire Roberts's shameless commitment to incoherence and blatant disregard for anything resembling principles. Even the evil liberal judges at least have evil principles they stick by.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post

I admire Roberts's shameless commitment to incoherence and blatant disregard for anything resembling principles. Even the evil liberal judges at least have evil principles they stick by.
              Yes, it was kind of cowardly...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

They've been going around and firebombing pro-life (which have little to do with the "pro-choice" issue) facilities and churches this whole time. It just hasn't been getting much national attention.

Perhaps going out in the streets and destroying things might wane, while being replaced with actual increased organized terror attacks that continue to fly below the MSM radar.
                Well, I didn't say it would be peaceful until it died out, just that it WOULD die out, as there won't be new "discrete incindiary incidents" to add new flames to the fire of the protest.

Comment

This is echoed by AOC, who apparently was with a group of protestors near the Supreme Court chanting "This decision is illegitimate."

Yep, trying to incite a riot.....

https://twitter.com/DrewHLive/status...59953914937349

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                    While they're having hearings trying to nail Trump for inciting a riot.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What will be interesting is that now liberals can vote with their feet --- they can move to those states that will allow, or have less restrictive, abortion.
                      Then can also move to states (the same states) where liberal polices have shown how disastrous it is for liberals to be in charge.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        What will be interesting is that now liberals can vote with their feet --- they can move to those states that will allow, or have less restrictive, abortion.
                        Then can also move to states (the same states) where liberal polices have shown how disastrous it is for liberals to be in charge.
                        It will be interesting to see what happens now that abortion is, once again, a states issue. I wonder if insurance providers will be "encouraged" to provide coverage for out of state abortions?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It will be interesting to see what happens now that abortion is, once again, a states issue. I wonder if insurance providers will be "encouraged" to provide coverage for out of state abortions?
                          Angry blubbering Joe promised "all the tools of the federal government" while he was fanning the flames of discontent.

I wonder how long the liberal media will allow the outrageous lie that this SCOTUS decision makes abortion illegal.

Comment

How many years was it that simply reducing the rate of increase to a budget was called "slashing" the budget?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Charlie Kirk tweeted: "And just like that, the Left claims to know what a woman is again."

Comment

How many years was it that simply reducing the rate of increase to a budget was called "slashing" the budget?
                                Or when spending more than you had but less than you planned was called a "savings"?

Comment