Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, leaves issue up to states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Rather, they feel that their inability to kill their own kids is inconvenient to them and the culture they've created for themselves.
    Any chance of a reply?

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    Rather, that it is society's responsibility to protect the right to life of human beings that cannot defend themselves.
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    Does that responsibility extend to supporting the welfare and social programmes necessary to provide assistance [in all its forms] for disadvantaged children and their parents/families?
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      Does that responsibility extend to supporting the welfare and social programmes necessary to provide assistance [in all its forms] for disadvantaged children and their parents/families?

You mean like WIC, Medicare, Social Security, free clinics... etc?
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

If the baby is already implanted, yuh. But forcing someone to not kill their child is not the same thing as forcing them to get pregnant in the first place, so your contention is noted and dismissed.
        Again the issue is not as simple as that.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Yet some black women are suggesting that this decision will impact adversely black women.
          Good for them. "Some people" are negatively affected by everything.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Far less time than it took most countries
            You forget the situation in the South with the KKK and lynchings, as well as the later violence [including murder] against those trying to register blacks to vote.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

And Texas has appropriated quite a bit of money in anticipation of this ruling.

From my State Senator...

Today, the Supreme Court of the United States overruled the nearly 50-year-old Roe v Wade decision from 1973. This marks a monumental victory for Texans who value the life of the unborn. With this landmark decision, the highest court has returned the issue to individual states along with the power to set their own abortion laws.

Last year, the Texas Legislature passed a law that makes this reversal of Roe v Wade effective 30 days from today’s ruling.

Like many of you, I believe every life is precious. That’s why last session, in the state budget I worked to increase alternatives to abortion by over $100 million and sponsored HB 133 to extend postpartum Medicaid for women. Together, we can create a culture of life.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

“own kids” - fascist lies often repeated.
                Give us an idea. Was it < or > 2000 times, that you've experienced serious cranial impact in your life so far.

Comment

We know that kids are expensive to operate, and If we assume that the penalty for zygote murder is the same as murder of any other person, then it is a simple matter to pick off the poorest (mainly black) segment of the population who are financially desperate enough to risk abortion.

Gradually you shift the population average to the preferred colour, while enjoying the benefits of a booming incarceration industry.

This seems to be where you are headed.
                  Don't you get it? Abortions are disproportionately high among blacks whi... For a second I forgot I was responding to ff

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Any chance of a reply?

Any chance of not quotemining my posts? Had you refrained from quotemining that post you have there, and read what followed after the word 'themselves.', then you would already have an answer.

Here I'll even be generous and provide the full quote, without the quotemining, since you seem to be having issues:
                    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                    Rather, that it is society's responsibility to protect the right to life of human beings that cannot defend themselves.

This argument of "well if you want to stop abortions you should pay for raising babies/adopt them/ etc. is so dimwitted.

First, there are millions of people who want to adopt. Second, that's like me going up to you and telling you we should shoot homeless people in the street, and then you telling me we shoudn't, and then me saying 'well then open your home and let multiple homeless people live there'.

Comment

You forget the situation in the South with the KKK and lynchings, as well as the later violence [including murder] against those trying to register blacks to vote.
                      Nope. What about it?

Comment

Oh, the irony of somebody from Germany picking on another nation's civil rights record.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

“own kids” - fascist lies often repeated.
                          Good point. Many of you are trying to get other people to kill kids.
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Oh, the irony of somebody from Germany picking on another nation's civil rights record.
                            I suppose the only difference would be the chronology. We had twelve years of madness and almost unbelievable cruelty. The USA had decades of horrendous cruelty and violence against innocent people being murdered simply for being black and/or trying to exercise their legal right, as well as the violence [including murder] against those who tried to help them.

Edited to add: Not forgetting the abuses and violence directed towards the indigenous peoples of continental America.
                            Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 06-27-2022, 04:20 PM.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I was thinking of the wider sphere.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

The only thing I see echoing 'the birth dearth' is the pro-choice movement which kills black babies at a rate of 4 times as much that of white babies. 20 million black babies have been killed in the womb by abortionists since Roe. At the time Roe was decided, there were only 23 million black people in the US.
                                But we're the ones who are racist for refusing to support an industry that has destroyed black population growth in the US.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment