Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, leaves issue up to states

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    We've been LITERALLY doing that for fifty years - why do you think we bother with pregnancy centers?

    Go watch the movie Raising Isaiah. The Democrats played on the fears of American black people - and their bigotry - to prevent white people from adopting black children in the US. The result was many adopted abroad and a lot of black orphans never got a chance to have a home of their own.

    Nowadays, it's still uncommon but it does happen. So does the converse, although most commonly after a blended family.

    A guy in my church a few years back told a funny story about his youngest and her tendency to run off, especially in stores. He always found her but there would be a moment of 'how the heck do I tell the clerks that she's white?'
    H_A doesn't realize it but she is effectively digging up the sort of arguments used by eugenicists and social service progressives to ban poor people from having babies or taking them away from them in order to put them in "better homes."

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      Do you consider that to be an overly positive move in the long term?
      Absolutely. Without a functional political pendulum a nation-state cannot correct its long term errors.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

      "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

      My Personal Blog

      My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

      Quill Sword

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
        Do you consider that to be an overly positive move in the long term?
        Wait, did you just ask a conservative if he believes the country shifting in the direction of his political beliefs is a good thing?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

          Wait, did you just ask a conservative if he believes the country shifting in the direction of his political beliefs is a good thing?
          And yet she provided a very non-partisan rational for thinking so.

          I'm always still in trouble again

          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

          Comment


          • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            And yet she provided a very non-partisan rational for thinking so.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

              Absolutely. Without a functional political pendulum a nation-state cannot correct its long term errors.
              Does that include having a strong leader?

              And what precisely are "the long-term errors" that you consider need correcting?
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

              Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

                289460060_1262206541254853_4380175651124002119_n.jpg

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  That’s not what this ruling does. Women will always need and find ways to have abortions.
                  And now each state can decide -- you can't just create Constitutional Rights out of thin air - this ruling recognized that, and sent that 'power' back to the States, where it belongs.

                  Three justices were appointed by Satan himself in the form of Donald J Trump. SCOTUS are busy now churning out satanic decisions, this among them. The American public will rebel in righteousness.
                  You mean the lefties will riot in revenge because that's who they are. The culture of death is what drives them.

                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    You also have a number of companies falling over themselves announcing that they'll provide transportation out of state so employees can get an abortion. I'm sure that will soon be expanded to include immediate family.
                    I also heard yesterday during the coverage that some pro-aborts (AOC and Fauxcahontas are the big ones I've heard) are trying to pressure Biden into looking into the legality of setting up abortion clinics on federal lands in states that outlaw abortion.
                    "When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing"
                    -Trump Press Secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders


                    "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
                    - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

                      I also heard yesterday during the coverage that some pro-aborts (AOC and Fauxcahontas are the big ones I've heard) are trying to pressure Biden into looking into the legality of setting up abortion clinics on federal lands in states that outlaw abortion.
                      Interestingly enough, the bond between the Democrat Party and the misnamed Planned Parenthood organization is so tight they could make this happen.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        We've been LITERALLY doing that for fifty years - why do you think we bother with pregnancy centers?

                        Go watch the movie Raising Isaiah. The Democrats played on the fears of American black people - and their bigotry - to prevent white people from adopting black children in the US. The result was many adopted abroad and a lot of black orphans never got a chance to have a home of their own.

                        Nowadays, it's still uncommon but it does happen. So does the converse, although most commonly after a blended family.

                        A guy in my church a few years back told a funny story about his youngest and her tendency to run off, especially in stores. He always found her but there would be a moment of 'how the heck do I tell the clerks that she's white?'
                        Well said.

                        Though I think it is called "Losing Isaiah".
                        "When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing"
                        -Trump Press Secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders


                        "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
                        - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

                          That’s not what this ruling does. Women will always need and find ways to have abortions.
                          Hopefully those ways are more dangerous for the serial killers.

                          Three justices were appointed by Satan himself in the form of Donald J Trump. SCOTUS are busy now churning out satanic decisions, this among them. The American public will rebel in righteousness.
                          Most of the public has no real passion for abortion, one way or the other. The only people mad about it are:

                          a) whores
                          b) ugly/fat liberals that will never conceivably copulate
                          c) rapists on the hook for child support

                          I dunno which group you belong to but your sputtering is my pleasure.
                          Last edited by Darth Executor; 06-25-2022, 09:31 AM.
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

                          There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

                            I also heard yesterday during the coverage that some pro-aborts (AOC and Fauxcahontas are the big ones I've heard) are trying to pressure Biden into looking into the legality of setting up abortion clinics on federal lands in states that outlaw abortion.
                            Putting them on military bases was being floated shortly after the leftist activist leaked the preliminary decision.


                            Gotta wonder what the leaker is thinking now. They will eventually be found out and will lose any career in the legal profession they had worked so hard for and all for nothing.

                            I'm always still in trouble again

                            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post

                              Most of the public has no real passion for abortion, one way or the other. The only people mad about it are:

                              a) whores
                              b) ugly/fat liberals that will never conceivably copulate
                              c) rapists on the hook for child support

                              I dunno which group you belong to but your sputtering is my pleasure.
                              ouch....

                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

                                That’s not what this ruling does. Women will always need and find ways to have abortions.

                                Three justices were appointed by Satan himself in the form of Donald J Trump. SCOTUS are busy now churning out satanic decisions, this among them. The American public will rebel in righteousness.
                                Histrionics addict says what?
                                That's what
                                - She

                                Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                                I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Gondwanaland, Yesterday, 10:04 AM
                                40 responses
                                216 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Juvenal
                                by Juvenal
                                 
                                Started by NorrinRadd, Yesterday, 01:38 AM
                                31 responses
                                155 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NorrinRadd  
                                Started by seer, 09-23-2022, 01:02 PM
                                26 responses
                                158 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Bill the Cat  
                                Started by shunyadragon, 09-23-2022, 10:15 AM
                                22 responses
                                126 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post shunyadragon  
                                Started by Cow Poke, 09-23-2022, 07:26 AM
                                8 responses
                                50 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Sparko
                                by Sparko
                                 
                                Working...
                                X