Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liz Cheney Is Begging Democrats To Save Her Career In Upcoming Wyoming Primary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liz Cheney Is Begging Democrats To Save Her Career In Upcoming Wyoming Primary

Liz-Cheney-1200x675.jpg

In a pathetic bid to reclaim her congressional seat, Republican Rep. Liz Cheney is mailing instructions to Wyoming Democrats on how to vote for her in the state’s upcoming Aug. 16 primary.

As reported by The New York Times, “In the last week, Wyoming Democrats have received mail from Ms. Cheney’s campaign with specific instructions on how to change their party affiliation to vote for her. Ms. Cheney’s campaign website now has a link to a form for changing parties.”

Also included in the Cheney campaign literature are directions on how Democrats can obtain an absentee ballot, as well as the specific start and end dates for when voters can acquire and return said ballots.

“Voted absentee ballots must be received in the county clerk’s office by 7 p.m. on election night in order to be counted,” the campaign mailer says. “Ballots received after this deadline will not be counted.”

The active bid to court Democrat voters by Cheney, however, runs contrary to the claims the Wyoming congresswoman made back in February. During an interview with the Times, Cheney said she had no intentions to ask state Democrats to switch parties to vote for her in the GOP primary, stating “[T]hat is not something that I have contemplated, that I have organized or that I will organize.”

When asked by the Times for comment on the obvious flip-flop, Cheney spokesman Jeremy Adler gave a nonanswer on the subject, instead saying that Cheney is “proud to represent all Wyomingites and is working hard to earn every vote.”

Cheney’s desperate bid to remain in power likely won’t sit well with Wyoming Republicans, who overwhelmingly hold an unfavorable view of the congresswoman. According to a recent survey, only 26 percent of GOP primary voters hold a favorable view of Cheney, with a stunning 73 percent holding an unfavorable view. The same poll also found Cheney trailing Trump-endorsed Harriet Hageman ahead of the state’s upcoming primary, with Hageman holding a 28-point lead over Cheney (56 to 28 percent).

Following her decision to impeach President Donald Trump last year, Cheney has worked to align herself with House Democrats in their efforts to use the powers of government to target and harass the former president and his associates over the events of Jan. 6, 2021. Most recently, the Wyoming congresswoman has taken part in the televised Soviet-style show trials orchestrated by the House Jan. 6 Committee on which she serves — show trials that possess “all the signature hallmarks of the infamous Moscow Trials nearly 100 years ago, in which opponents to Joseph Stalin’s regime were hauled before the public and charged with treason and sedition.”
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Liz-Cheney-1200x675.jpg

In a pathetic bid to reclaim her congressional seat, Republican Rep. Liz Cheney is mailing instructions to Wyoming Democrats on how to vote for her in the state’s upcoming Aug. 16 primary.

As reported by The New York Times, “In the last week, Wyoming Democrats have received mail from Ms. Cheney’s campaign with specific instructions on how to change their party affiliation to vote for her. Ms. Cheney’s campaign website now has a link to a form for changing parties.”

Also included in the Cheney campaign literature are directions on how Democrats can obtain an absentee ballot, as well as the specific start and end dates for when voters can acquire and return said ballots.

“Voted absentee ballots must be received in the county clerk’s office by 7 p.m. on election night in order to be counted,” the campaign mailer says. “Ballots received after this deadline will not be counted.”

The active bid to court Democrat voters by Cheney, however, runs contrary to the claims the Wyoming congresswoman made back in February. During an interview with the Times, Cheney said she had no intentions to ask state Democrats to switch parties to vote for her in the GOP primary, stating “[T]hat is not something that I have contemplated, that I have organized or that I will organize.”

When asked by the Times for comment on the obvious flip-flop, Cheney spokesman Jeremy Adler gave a nonanswer on the subject, instead saying that Cheney is “proud to represent all Wyomingites and is working hard to earn every vote.”

Cheney’s desperate bid to remain in power likely won’t sit well with Wyoming Republicans, who overwhelmingly hold an unfavorable view of the congresswoman. According to a recent survey, only 26 percent of GOP primary voters hold a favorable view of Cheney, with a stunning 73 percent holding an unfavorable view. The same poll also found Cheney trailing Trump-endorsed Harriet Hageman ahead of the state’s upcoming primary, with Hageman holding a 28-point lead over Cheney (56 to 28 percent).

Following her decision to impeach President Donald Trump last year, Cheney has worked to align herself with House Democrats in their efforts to use the powers of government to target and harass the former president and his associates over the events of Jan. 6, 2021. Most recently, the Wyoming congresswoman has taken part in the televised Soviet-style show trials orchestrated by the House Jan. 6 Committee on which she serves — show trials that possess “all the signature hallmarks of the infamous Moscow Trials nearly 100 years ago, in which opponents to Joseph Stalin’s regime were hauled before the public and charged with treason and sedition.”
    Why didn't she just switch parties?

I mean she was 30 points behind someone who shouldn't be getting 10% of the vote for the primaries back in February. Her participation in the political theater taking place will insure that gap increases rather than decreases.

And has anyone ever seen her and Christine Blasey Ford in the same room?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I wonder if a dealine passed before she realized how deep the doodoo is.

I mean she was 30 points behind someone who shouldn't be getting 10% of the vote for the primaries back in February. Her participation in the political theater taking place will insure that gap increases rather than decreases.
      Hopefully, she's toast.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Shouldn't she be the one who should change parties?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          That would make sense, except that Wyoming tends to vote Republican at something like a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio to democrats. Switching parties would be a surefire way to lose the election, not that she hasn't already done that.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

That would make sense, except that Wyoming tends to vote Republican at something like a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio to democrats. Switching parties would be a surefire way to lose the election, not that she hasn't already done that.
            Then why do they keep voting her in? Her being a RINO has been going on for many years.

Comment

Or just back out of the race entirely?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Or just back out of the race entirely?
                Pretty sure either CNN or MSNBC and maybe both would be quick to offer her a job.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Pretty sure either CNN or MSNBC and maybe both would be quick to offer her a job.
                  Yes, the golden prize - an alleged Republican bashing other Republicans!

Comment

Wyoming, that's why.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Oh just beat me to it, why doncha?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Then why do they keep voting her in? Her being a RINO has been going on for many years.
                        Cheney, that's why.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Cheney, that's why.
                          If I wanted to run for senator of California, I'm pretty sure I'd choose to run as a democrat, regardless of my political beliefs.

Comment

So then why is she insisting on humiliating herself by getting turned out by her own party by what looks to be a 30 to 45 point wipeout?

This would have been the time to announce your retirement.

Comment

So then why is she insisting on humiliating herself by getting turned out by her own party by what looks to be a 30 to 45 point wipeout?

This would have been the time to announce your retirement.
                              I'm sure she has convinced herself that she's 'running on principle', and is doing the right thing, because, heck, even the Democrats are blowing smoke up her skirt.
                              But, maybe, as I think you implied, she's just positioning herself for a cushy job at CNN.

Comment