Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court Strikes Down N.Y. Concealed Carry Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post

If not, definitely tinder for November.
    Liberals have shown they have no problem mounting extended riots that can last for months (Occupy Wall Street; Black Lives Matter; Antifa), so even if they kick off the festivities tomorrow, I could easily see it going for another five months.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Liberals have shown they have no problem mounting extended riots that can last for months (Occupy Wall Street; Black Lives Matter; Antifa), so even if they kick off the festivities tomorrow, I could easily see it going for another five months.
      In the end I think that will hurt the Dems...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I'm coming across curious theories on social media, for what that's worth, that this might have been a bone thrown to conservatives before their decision not to overturn abortion.

Comment

I'm coming across curious theories on social media, for what that's worth, that this might have been a bone thrown to conservatives before their decision not to overturn abortion.
          If they uphold the Mississippi restriction on abortions after 15 weeks without overturning Roe I would see that as a win too...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            So I guess the Roe thing will be released tomorrow. A weekend of riots coming?
            The media is, of course, framing it as any risk of violence is coming from the right: ‘Heightened alert’: Abortion providers brace for ruling

It wasn't until near the very bottom of this Associated Press story that there is any mention of the actual violence against pregnancy centers and churches (and that couched as a claim made by Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America) or the botched assassination attempt against Supreme Court Justice Bret Kavanaugh by an armed leftist loon.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What kind of message would that send to the protestors outside of the justices homes?
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                The media is, of course, framing it as any risk of violence is coming from the right: ‘Heightened alert’: Abortion providers brace for ruling

It wasn't until near the very bottom of this Associated Press story that there is any mention of the actual violence against pregnancy centers and churches (and that couched as a claim made by Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America) or the botched assassination attempt against Supreme Court Justice Bret Kavanaugh by an armed leftist loon.
                And they wonder why we don't take them seriously!

Comment

What kind of message would that send to the protestors outside of the justices homes?
                  One similar to that received by the left when their pressure cause Roberts to cave on Obamacare?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If they had real jobs, they'd have to take off work, so...
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Then it would appear that the psycho threatening campaign worked. I'll be VERY surprised if the ruling doesn't come as expected.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'll be VERY surprised if the ruling doesn't come as expected.
                        I never expected Roe to be overturned with this case until the leaked opinion. Like I said, if the Mississippi restriction is upheld, it is still a win.

Comment

Another win...

Supreme Court rules that GOP lawmakers can defend voter ID law in North Carolina after state AG refuses to uphold it

North Carolina's GOP argued that Democratic Attorney General Josh Stein wasn't fully defending the law.

The Supreme Court ruled 8 to 1 today that Republican legislators can intervene and defend a North Carolina voter ID law that they claimed the Democrat NC Attorney General wasn't adequately fighting for.

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaki...-to-uphold-it/

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Another win...
                            So when are they going to rule that the Biden Admin is not fully defending the Southern Border?

Comment

Interesting how our resident gun control advocates are silent on this.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                                Interesting how our resident gun control advocates are silent on this.
                                Yeah, they're usually "shoot, not ready, don't aim..."

Comment