Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jan. 6 hearings streamed on C-Span

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    A witness lying on the stand is hardly trivial. It compels reasonable people to wonder what else she might be lying about.
    IF she lied, it's not trivial. But even if she ends up being totally discredited, it has no significant effect on the amount of evidence of Trump's crimes.

And there is not yet any real reason to believe she lied.

As for the "Just Security" summary, it seems to be pulling the same con that the January 6 committee is pulling, claiming, without evidence, that President Trump didn't actually believe the election was stolen, and therefore, any subsequent actions on his part are evidence of conspiracy and attempted fraud. Not to mention that most of what they claim is "evidence" is nothing more than hearsay, idle conjecture, and unsupported conclusions apparently pulled out of the committee's collective backsides.
    So... you're going with the "Trump actually believed that the election was stolen, in spite of the fact that everyone who investigated the claims reported to him that there was no evidence of significant fraud" defense.

That's fine, I'm sure you aren't the only one who will believe that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
      IF she lied, it's not trivial. But even if she ends up being totally discredited, it has no significant effect on the amount of evidence of Trump's crimes.

And there is not yet any real reason to believe she lied.

So... you're going with the "Trump actually believed that the election was stolen, in spite of the fact that everyone who investigated the claims reported to him that there was no evidence of significant fraud" defense.

That's fine, I'm sure you aren't the only one who will believe that.
      It's not about what anybody wants to believe, it's about what can be proven with evidence, and so far, there is not a single piece of evidence that implicates President Trump in any crimes.

In other words, it's just like every other witch hunt the Democrats have launched against the President.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's not about what anybody wants to believe, it's about what can be proven with evidence, and so far, there is not a single piece of evidence that implicates President Trump in any crimes.
        In cases like this, it's not usually a single piece of evidence that convicts someone, but the body of evidence as a whole.

That said, Trump is wealthy and powerful enough, not to mention vicious enough*, that he may very well manage to escape punishment.

*He's very good at intimidating witnesses, for example.

Comment

In cases like this, it's not usually a single piece of evidence that convicts someone, but the body of evidence as a whole.

That said, Trump is wealthy and powerful enough, not to mention vicious enough*, that he may very well manage to escape punishment.

The Clintons are better at it

clinton.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            Nah, Republicans intimidate witnesses for them.

Comment

When I say "there is not a single piece of evidence that implicates President Trump in any crimes", I mean that none of the evidence shows that he is guilty of any crimes. It's like the Russian Collusion Delusion all over again, where they have lots of supposed "evidence", but none of it actually proves that a crime was committed (a fact that even Dirty Cop Mueller was forced to grudgingly admit in his final report).

As for the President intimidating witnesses, now that actually would be a crime -- if there was any evidence that he's actually done it.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

When I say "there is not a single piece of evidence that implicates President Trump in any crimes", I mean that none of the evidence shows that he is guilty of any crimes. It's like the Russian Collusion Delusion all over again, where they have lots of supposed "evidence", but none of it actually proves that a crime was committed (a fact that even Dirty Cop Mueller was forced to grudgingly admit in his final report).
                You keep telling yourself that.

As for the President intimidating witnesses, now that actually would be a crime -- if there was any evidence that he's actually done it.
                Yeah, if he does it in broad daylight, on social media, then it can't be illegal, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

And another audit in Georgia, this time a forensic audit, and the long form of Obama’s birth certificate, amirite.

We don’t need a handwriting analysis.

We need Meadows to testify.
                  A handwriting expert eliminates any he said she said claims. But I understand that such certainty doesn't help push the narrative. We need more grapevine gossip!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

clinton.jpg
                    The left loves to sneer at all the mysterious deaths of those who crossed the Clintons as a rightwing fantasy but it was hilarious when that liberal reporter who wrote about her failing health before her notorious collapse at the 9/11 commemoration ceremony. Before it could no longer be denied, those who dared mention it were fired, in this case the guy was canned by the Huffington Post and to emphasize the point the HuffPo went back and deleted everything he ever wrote for them. His reaction? To post YouTube videos announcing he's not suicidal or accident prone and if he dies suddenly to look at the Clintons.

They may act like its a joke in public, but deep down it terrifies them.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Witness: I saw him shoot him in the back in cold blood.

Prosecutor:

Witness: And after that he sprouted wings and flew up into a flying saucer which zoomed away to Mars.

Prosecutor: Um, ignore that part. The important thing is the evidence the witness provided that the suspect stabbed the victim.

Witness: And as the spaceship flew off it made a sound like "This is MAGA Country!"

Credibility. It really does matter.

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          The left loves to sneer at all the mysterious deaths of those who crossed the Clintons as a rightwing fantasy but it was hilarious when that liberal reporter who wrote about her failing health before her notorious collapse at the 9/11 commemoration ceremony. Before it could no longer be denied, those who dared mention it were fired, in this case the guy was canned by the Huffington Post and to emphasize the point the HuffPo went back and deleted everything he ever wrote for them. His reaction? To post YouTube videos announcing he's not suicidal or accident prone and if he dies suddenly to look at the Clintons.

They may act like its a joke in public, but deep down it terrifies them.
                          I always thought Hillary had good taste in pant suits.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I always thought Hillary had good taste in pant suits.
                            Only because it covers those cankles?

Comment

Next up, a star witness who'll testify that he personally saw Satan clone Hitler which resulted in Donald Trump.
                              For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

He's not a clone of Hitler, he's literally Hitler! He has clear signs of life extending procedures such as odd skin tone and his hair has bleached over time.

Comment

Witness: I saw him shoot him in the back in cold blood.

Prosecutor:

Witness: And after that he sprouted wings and flew up into a flying saucer which zoomed away to Mars.

Prosecutor: Um, ignore that part. The important thing is the evidence the witness provided that the suspect stabbed the victim.

Witness: And as the spaceship flew off it made a sound like "This is MAGA Country!"

Credibility. It really does matter.
                                There are two things to keep in mind.

First, Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony isn't necessary to show that Trump committed a crime (or three).

Second, the jury is still out on Cassidy Hutchinson's credibility.

Comment