Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Derail: Warren and the SBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

AFAICT that particular stretch has its origins in the fourteenth century, with an anchoress by the name of Julian. Even so, she was quite content to leave the Father and Christ as males, so it would seem that she considered that God was "in touch with his feminine side."
    Laughing -- when I first enrolled at East Texas Baptist University, I had to take one of those 'profile' surveys, and then meet with a counselor who was impressed with my overall profile, and seemed pleased that I had several "feminine attributes". He was obviously prepared for my surprised look, as he quickly explained what I learned later in life - that there are "gender roles" that don't mean I'm a sissy.

(That was many moons ago, but I think it was like "compassion", "empathy", and those kinds of attributes)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

OK, so I read it, but.... it seems awfully strained. Jesus was obviously a man, and He called God "Father". To include, as evidence of "Mother God" the Madonna Shrines seems a little far fetched.

I believe there are "feminine" attributes (as in gender roles) attributable even to Jesus, where he talks about 'gathering your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings'.

It sounds like somebody who really wants to believe God is female, and looks for any evidence to support that belief.
      I agree that it's strained. I appreciate things that present a perspective I hadn't considered, and evidence I might have glossed over too quickly. But I also think some of my fellow egalitarians push things a bit too hard.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment