Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph Arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph Arrested

triumph.jpg

Trumph was arrested in a building in Congress yesterday, accused of trespassing. He's one of the few lefties that tends to crack me up.

Oh well, I'm sure CBS will bail him out.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/6/...show-january-6

Seven arrested while making Triumph the Insult Comic Dog segment at U.S. Capitol

WASHINGTON — Seven people working in a comedy segment starring Triumph the Insult Comic Dog were arrested Thursday night at a congressional office building on the U.S. Capitol grounds and charged with unlawful entry.

The people identified themselves as being affiliated with CBS’ “Late Show with Stephen Colbert,” a person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.

Another person familiar with the matter provided the AP with a list of nine people who had been stopped by Capitol Police. They included several producers, along with Robert Smigel, the former Chicago comedian who operates and voices Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

The two people who spoke with the AP could not discuss details of the investigation publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

The incident Thursday night followed the third public hearing by the House panel investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol insurrection...(more)

I didn't know he was still around.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Maybe because you don't watch Colbert. I didn't know he was still around because I haven't watch Conan in about 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        triumph.jpg

Trumph was arrested in a building in Congress yesterday, accused of trespassing. He's one of the few lefties that tends to crack me up.

Oh well, I'm sure CBS will bail him out.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/6/...show-january-6

Seven arrested while making Triumph the Insult Comic Dog segment at U.S. Capitol

WASHINGTON — Seven people working in a comedy segment starring Triumph the Insult Comic Dog were arrested Thursday night at a congressional office building on the U.S. Capitol grounds and charged with unlawful entry.

The people identified themselves as being affiliated with CBS’ “Late Show with Stephen Colbert,” a person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.

Another person familiar with the matter provided the AP with a list of nine people who had been stopped by Capitol Police. They included several producers, along with Robert Smigel, the former Chicago comedian who operates and voices Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

The two people who spoke with the AP could not discuss details of the investigation publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

The incident Thursday night followed the third public hearing by the House panel investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol insurrection...(more)
        Hm, I believe I was told that such an action is insurrection and treason.....

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          I thought Eminem neutered him back in the 00s......

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Hm, I believe I was told that such an action is insurrection and treason.....
            I'm convinced he was trying to overthrow the government. At least, with about the same serious intent as all the others being held.

Comment