Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden's daughter and taking showers with her father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I never did.

I've never been to a nudist camp either, but I don't assume that everyone who does is a pervert.
    Yeah, grown men taking showers with young girls is EXACTLY like people being in a nudist camp.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post

Would you shower with your father?
      Well I would rather not now. He's been dead for a few years!
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Her comment was that she remembers showers with her dad, and parenthetically says (probably not appropriate).
        Why would she think it was "probably not appropriate"?
        Only she can answer that. Everyone else is speculating.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Yeah, grown men taking showers with young girls is EXACTLY like people being in a nudist camp.
          There is a vast difference between nudity and sexuality but unfortunately some people cannot contemplate a nude human body without sexualising it.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I never did.

I've never been to a nudist camp either, but I don't assume that everyone who does is a pervert.
            Is Biden a nudist? You and hypatia sure go out of your way to invent fringe scenarios to defend what any normal person would just admit is, at a minimum, weird and creepy.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Is Biden a nudist? You and hypatia sure go out of your way to invent fringe scenarios to defend what any normal person would just admit is, at a minimum, weird and creepy.
              Come to Europe. You will find many countries where [in the appropriate setting of course] nudity is deemed neither weird or creepy.

An interesting study from the UK in 2017 but something many of us over here have known for decades!

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2017-03196-001

Abstract

Body image dissatisfaction is a serious, global problem that negatively affects life satisfaction. Several claims have been made about the possible psychological benefits of naturist activities, but very little empirical research has investigated these benefits or any plausible explanations for them. In three studies—one large-scale, cross-sectional study (n = 849), and 2 prospective studies (n = 24, n = 100) this research developed and applied knowledge about the possible benefits of naturist activities. It was found that more participation in naturist activities predicted greater life satisfaction—a relationship that was mediated by more positive body image, and higher self-esteem (Study 1). Applying these findings, it was found that participation in actual naturist activities led to an increase in life satisfaction, an effect that was also mediated by improvements in body image and self esteem (Studies 2 and 3). The potential benefits of naturism are discussed, as well as possible future research, and implications for the use of naturist activities.

In a Freikörperkultur setting where everyone is naked the idealised notions of the human body that are portrayed everywhere in advertising and other media are removed. In reality bodies are not perfect and in a naturist environment people feel less inhibited about their own bodies.

"It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                Only to someone who sexualises everything.

She qualified that remark with the phrase ["probably not"].

Where? Or have you just made that up?
                I have no patience for your "slice and dice" games where you cut up my post, remove context, and then respond to what's left. It's intellectually dishonest and waste of everyone's time.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Only she can answer that. Everyone else is speculating.
                  As are you. The difference is that we're taking into account his broader history.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We don't really know how old she was, other than that she was apparently old enough to remember it.

"By school age — 3 to 5 years old — youngsters start to understand the concept of public versus private, Bull said.* (Like: mommy going to the bathroom: private. My penis: private.) That’s usually the age when it’s appropriate to stop the showers together, she said." -- source

Yeah . . . but . . . the daughter in question doesn't appear to be qualified in psychology or psychiatry. Perhaps her real problem was being the spoiled child of a powerful politician. Or maybe she was rebelling against religious sexual repression.

*Dr. Marilyn Bull, a professor of pediatrics at Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health
                    She says in hindsight that it was inappropriate, and that it affected her psychologically. Clearly we're not talking about someone too young to recognize what was happening on some level.

And, no, you don't need to be a psychologist to understand that an event in your life has affected you.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Come to Europe. You will find many countries where [in the appropriate setting of course] nudity is deemed neither weird or creepy.

An interesting study from the UK in 2017 but something many of us over here have known for decades!

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2017-03196-001

Abstract

Body image dissatisfaction is a serious, global problem that negatively affects life satisfaction. Several claims have been made about the possible psychological benefits of naturist activities, but very little empirical research has investigated these benefits or any plausible explanations for them. In three studies—one large-scale, cross-sectional study (n = 849), and 2 prospective studies (n = 24, n = 100) this research developed and applied knowledge about the possible benefits of naturist activities. It was found that more participation in naturist activities predicted greater life satisfaction—a relationship that was mediated by more positive body image, and higher self-esteem (Study 1). Applying these findings, it was found that participation in actual naturist activities led to an increase in life satisfaction, an effect that was also mediated by improvements in body image and self esteem (Studies 2 and 3). The potential benefits of naturism are discussed, as well as possible future research, and implications for the use of naturist activities.

In a Freikörperkultur setting where everyone is naked the idealised notions of the human body that are portrayed everywhere in advertising and other media are removed. In reality bodies are not perfect and in a naturist environment people feel less inhibited about their own bodies.
                      Is Biden an EUROPEAN nudist? Why stop at Europe? Why not use Papua New Guinea as an example?
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

There is a vast difference between nudity and sexuality but unfortunately some people cannot contemplate a nude human body without sexualising it.
                        Says our non-resident pervert who laughs at the thought of men waving their personal parts at children.

Comment

Says our non-resident pervert who laughs at the thought of men waving their personal parts at children.
                          Perhaps I am not an old prude who gets a fit of the vapours at the mere thought of a child seeing a grown man's genitalia.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Perhaps I am not an old prude who gets a fit of the vapours at the mere thought of a child seeing a grown man's genitalia.
                            Spoken like the slimy reprobate you have shown that you are.

Comment

Spoken like the slimy reprobate you have shown that you are.
                              It was typed.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Is Biden an EUROPEAN nudist? Why stop at Europe? Why not use Papua New Guinea as an example?
                                Why did you feel the need to introduce the peoples of Papua New Guinea?
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment