Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden's daughter and taking showers with her father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yes, ma'am -- I knew you were being a turd, but we ALL know what that references, and your defending of it to the hilt.
    You did not use the phrase "in children's faces". However, your need [yet again] to resort to scatological language, is duly noted.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Then why bother to offer your "valuable insights"?
      Because there are other people reading here who actually have brains.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It reminds me of that bit from Sienfeld, where George Costanza was caught having sex with the cleaing lady at the office:

"Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time."
        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Futurama got a lot right, too. Episodes written over a decade ago mock things that are actually happening right now.
        To use a quote:

What is it with you and these constant references to popular entertainment in lue of an actual argument?

"It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

At which you are seriously impaired.
          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Because there are other people reading here who actually have brains.

Good to see your inner ten year old is out to play [again].
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Good to see your inner ten year old is out to play [again].
            You deserve nothing more.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You deserve nothing more.
              I invariably get nothing but remarks one would associate with a ten year old from you. Unless of course you are having a fit of the vapours.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I invariably get nothing but remarks one would associate with a ten year old from you. Unless of course you are having a fit of the vapours.
                Everybody else here knows I have made numerous responses to you which are either void of insult, or in addition to....

Sorry you're such a snowflake.

Now, is this little whining of yours going to continue much longer?

Comment

To use a quote:

What is it with you and these constant references to popular entertainment in lue of an actual argument?
                  I wasn't presenting those as arguments, you dolt. They were asides to the main conversation. My arguments, as you well know, are contained in other posts which with no references to popular entertainment.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Everybody else here knows I have made numerous responses to you which are either void of insult, or in addition to....

Sorry you're such a snowflake.
                    Everyone else here? It seems you are yet another who likes to make themselves the self appointed spokesperson for the entire TheologyWeb community.

Point of information, if If I was indeed a proverbial "snowflake" I would not be posting replies to you or your pals!

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Now, is this little whining of yours going to continue much longer?
                    Oh I am just enjoying watching a child at play.
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I wasn't presenting those as arguments, you dolt. They were asides to the main conversation.
                      As were my own comments. Good to see you cannot respond without a pejorative. It must be playtime as the ten year olds appear to be out and about on this thread.

My arguments, as you well know, are contained in other posts which with no references to popular entertainment.
                      As have been many of my own posts.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Everyone else here? It seems you are yet another who likes to make themselves the self appointed spokesperson for the entire TheologyWeb community.

Point of information, if If I was indeed a proverbial "snowflake" I would not be posting replies to you or your pals!

Oh I am just enjoying watching a child at play.
                        on!

Comment

on!
                          For someone who has admitted to trolling you do not seem very good at dealing with back and forth banter!
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

For someone who has admitted to trolling you do not seem very good at dealing with back and forth banter!
                            wambulance whine one one.png

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                              That sounded like the standard way someone brings up some out there possibility as a means of finding an excuse to dismiss a conclusion.
                              No, I wasn't claiming that it didn't happen. Just keeping in mind the fact that the evidence is slight.

To put it another way, if it was a serious accusation of wrongdoing, then I would expect more evidence. But the experts say that a man should stop showering with his daughter if either of them become uncomfortable with it.

"It is probably not necessary for you to stop showering with your daughter at the age of two. So much of our behavior around sex and gender issues is based on cultural traditions and teachings rather than any specific scientific facts. In some families, children are raised with a casual attitude toward nudity, and in others everyone covers him or herself all the time. The bottom line is that if you or your daughter seem to be uncomfortable with the shared shower, you should stop right away."

If Ashley became uncomfortable with it, and it stopped, then there is nothing for us to get our panties in a wad about. And frankly, we don't know when Ashley became uncomfortable with it. It could have been years later when some well-meaning friend told her that it's weird for a father to shower with his daughter.

A...hand wave, if you will.
                              Given your definition of a hand wave, which is when someone doesn't have the emotional reaction to a set of facts or allegations that you expect him to, hand waving is inevitable. Especially when you, a conservative, are talking to a liberal.
                              Last edited by Stoic; 06-23-2022, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                                No, I wasn't claiming that it didn't happen. Just keeping in mind the fact that the evidence is slight.

To put it another way, if it was a serious accusation of wrongdoing, then I would expect more evidence. But the experts say that a man should stop showering with his daughter if either of them become uncomfortable with it.

"It is probably not necessary for you to stop showering with your daughter at the age of two. So much of our behavior around sex and gender issues is based on cultural traditions and teachings rather than any specific scientific facts. In some families, children are raised with a casual attitude toward nudity, and in others everyone covers him or herself all the time. The bottom line is that if you or your daughter seem to be uncomfortable with the shared shower, you should stop right away."

If Ashley became uncomfortable with it, and it stopped, then there is nothing for us to get our panties in a wad about. And frankly, we don't know when Ashley became uncomfortable with it. It could have been years later when some well-meaning friend told her that it's weird for a father to shower with his daughter.

Given your definition of a hand wave, which is when someone doesn't have the emotional reaction to a set of facts or allegations that you expect him to, hand waving is inevitable. Especially when you, a conservative, are talking to a liberal.
                                So, kind of a "Dear Abby...."

Comment