Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Using The Law To Go After Your Political Rivials...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using The Law To Go After Your Political Rivials...

FBI arrests Ryan Kelley, Michigan GOP governor candidate, over Capitol riots

LANSING — The FBI on Thursday arrested Michigan Republican gubernatorial candidate Ryan Kelley and raided his home, a stunning development in one of the state’s most unpredictable primary races.

A criminal complaint filed in Washington D.C. federal court shows Kelley is facing multiple misdemeanor charges for his role in protests at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, when supporters of former President Donald Trump stormed the building to try to stop certification of President Joe Biden's win.

The FBI executed both a search warrant and arrest warrant at Kelley's home in Allendale Township in western Michigan and arrested Kelley, spokesperson Mara Schneider told Bridge Michigan. Kelley is expected to appear before a judge later Thursday in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan in Grand Rapids.

Kelley has denied entering the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, but court records show he has been charged with multiple misdemeanors punishable by up to a year in prison...

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-go...-capitol-riots
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

wow
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Former advisor to President Trump, Peter Navarro, was arrested last week ostensibly for his refusal this past March to testify before the Jan 6 kangaroo court. In what I'm certain is nothing more than a startling coincidence, the arrest comes one day after Navarro was on MSNBC saying he was planning to lead efforts to impeach Joe.

FBI Arrests Peter Navarro One Day After He Vows to Impeach Biden (breitbart.com)

As Benjamin Franklin warned, "You have a Republic, if you can keep it."
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        FBI arrests Ryan Kelley, Michigan GOP governor candidate, over Capitol riots

LANSING — The FBI on Thursday arrested Michigan Republican gubernatorial candidate Ryan Kelley and raided his home, a stunning development in one of the state’s most unpredictable primary races.

A criminal complaint filed in Washington D.C. federal court shows Kelley is facing multiple misdemeanor charges for his role in protests at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, when supporters of former President Donald Trump stormed the building to try to stop certification of President Joe Biden's win.

The FBI executed both a search warrant and arrest warrant at Kelley's home in Allendale Township in western Michigan and arrested Kelley, spokesperson Mara Schneider told Bridge Michigan. Kelley is expected to appear before a judge later Thursday in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan in Grand Rapids.

Kelley has denied entering the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, but court records show he has been charged with multiple misdemeanors punishable by up to a year in prison...

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-go...-capitol-riots
        Does the FBI typically raid houses seeking to serve misdemeanor warrants?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Only to make a point.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Only to make a point.
            With a little luck, this ham-fisted stunt will majorly backfire.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

With a little luck, this ham-fisted stunt will majorly backfire.
              Yeah, the very fact of the timing...

Comment

Yeah, the very fact of the timing...
                Yeah the circus is back in town

Comment

So, first of all, Joe goes on live TV to be interviewed by an alleged comedian - that was a circus.
                  Then, the Democrats put on their own circus without Joe.

Comment

Only when they are Republicans - like Roger Stone...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Only when they are Republicans - like Roger Stone...
                      Yes, it's the ONLY time that Democrats are "Law and Order". They use the law to order people to shut up.

Summer riots - "mostly peaceful and protected by the 1st amendment" -- give them space!!!
                      Attempted assassination of SCOTUS - "they're just exercising their 1st amendment right and supporting Schumer's "reap the whirlwind" hysteria".

Comment

So, first of all, Joe goes on live TV to be interviewed by an alleged comedian - that was a circus.
                        Then, the Democrats put on their own circus without Joe.
                        circus.jpg

Comment

So, has there been any discussion of ratings or polling or whether this moved the needle at all?

Comment

So, has there been any discussion of ratings or polling or whether this moved the needle at all?
                            Haven't turned on the TV yet so...

But from what I read so far it is all about it starting up and very little about what took place on the first day.

Comment

Haven't turned on the TV yet so...

But from what I read so far it is all about it starting up and very little about what took place on the first day.
                              Looks like CNN's Chris Wallace wasn't impressed, and if you can't win ol' Chris.... and Luntz appears to have thought it was a disaster, as his focus group totally stopped watching the TV after 9 minutes.

Comment