Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Using The Law To Go After Your Political Rivials...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Best shot in the history of television! He could be diving off a balcony doing a flip and still hit the guy behind the tree who was a worse shot than those on the A Team.

And every street in Washington D.C. had parallel parking with every space filled with brand new Fords. That was back in the day a show could have a primary sponsor.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Wow, back in my day, I interacted with the FBI guys a lot, and they were ALL conservative to a fault --- but that was like 40-45 years ago.
      Though they may have been conservative (more like authoritarian with a rightwing bent), they were using some of the same MO (though maybe not as overt) to go after liberals (and back then, liberals had at least some actual legit causes they stood for). They're just using the same tactics today, it's just that their ideology has shifted.

Comment

I wouldn't think anybody from the top brass was actually involved in the raids and arrests we're seeing.
        They're just following orders.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Looks like CNN's Chris Wallace wasn't impressed, and if you can't win ol' Chris.... and Luntz appears to have thought it was a disaster, as his focus group totally stopped watching the TV after 9 minutes.
          The TV critic was assigned to cover this by some publication[1] and apparently he panned it as anemic and a failed attempt and is in trouble with his bosses.

1. after you put the former head of ABC in charge of producing it and even some on the left saying this is a theatric event, the TV critic was the best choice for political theater.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The TV critic was assigned to cover this by some publication[1] and apparently he panned it as anemic and a failed attempt and is in trouble with his bosses.

1. after you put the former head of ABC in charge of producing it and even some on the left saying this is a theatric event, the TV critic was the best choice for political theater.
            Maybe, if we're lucky, they'll do a sequel. A mini-series!!!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Cheney deliberately omitted a part of Trump's tweet that said "go home with love and peace" because it would have undermined the narrative that he encouraged the protestors to continue.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...me-love-peace/

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Though they may have been conservative (more like authoritarian with a rightwing bent), they were using some of the same MO (though maybe not as overt) to go after liberals (and back then, liberals had at least some actual legit causes they stood for). They're just using the same tactics today, it's just that their ideology has shifted.
                It's not just their ideology that shifted, a lot of the right has become quasi-treasonous, tyrant loving scum (IE: become more Ron Paul-like). It's when a lot of the worst liberals moved from obama after the democrats started making their anti-white racism overt.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post

It's not just their ideology that shifted, a lot of the right has become quasi-treasonous, tyrant loving scum (IE: become more Ron Paul-like). It's when a lot of the worst liberals moved from obama after the democrats started making their anti-white racism overt.
                  I haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about or what point you're making. Maybe that's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about or what point you're making. Maybe that's a good thing.
                    I'm talking about how many conservatives engage in thinly veiled apologetics or actively root for America's enemies (Putin being the most recent example).
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Maybe, if we're lucky, they'll do a sequel. A mini-series!!!
                      I think they have five more episodes to go

It is fascinating watching angry liberals on cable news channels insisting that a bunch of important new stuff emerged from this farce. Some new but it's a stretch that it's important

That of course is that Bill Barr informed Trump that the election wasn't stolen. That of course has been known since last year but the bombshell was that he said that the claim that it was stolen was B.S. (and said what the initials stand for).

Then there is the news that Ivanka said she accepted Barr's conclusion. Still not sure why that's important though.

No wonder the Democrats hired the former president of ABC to try to jazz this up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Cheney deliberately omitted a part of Trump's tweet that said "go home with love and peace" because it would have undermined the narrative that he encouraged the protestors to continue.

A lot of deliberate editing going on, something that would be much harder to do at a legitimate hearing.

Looks like with all the networks, PBS, Cable News (except Fox), Nielsen says they got 20 million viewers. That is about half of old Joe's last State-of-the Union which didn't get as many channels covering it and certainly not as much buildup. I don't know if Nielsen indicated how long folks tuned in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

you mean the Tweet that Twitter deleted back when Trump posted it?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            I think they have five more episodes to go

It is fascinating watching angry liberals on cable news channels insisting that a bunch of important new stuff emerged from this farce. Some new but it's a stretch that it's important

That of course is that Bill Barr informed Trump that the election wasn't stolen. That of course has been known since last year but the bombshell was that he said that the claim that it was stolen was B.S. (and said what the initials stand for).

Then there is the news that Ivanka said she accepted Barr's conclusion. Still not sure why that's important though.

No wonder the Democrats hired the former president of ABC to try to jazz this up.
                            It's not even the moldy bun on which the nothingburger would sit.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              FBI arrests Ryan Kelley, Michigan GOP governor candidate, over Capitol riots

LANSING — The FBI on Thursday arrested Michigan Republican gubernatorial candidate Ryan Kelley and raided his home, a stunning development in one of the state’s most unpredictable primary races.

A criminal complaint filed in Washington D.C. federal court shows Kelley is facing multiple misdemeanor charges for his role in protests at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, when supporters of former President Donald Trump stormed the building to try to stop certification of President Joe Biden's win.

The FBI executed both a search warrant and arrest warrant at Kelley's home in Allendale Township in western Michigan and arrested Kelley, spokesperson Mara Schneider told Bridge Michigan. Kelley is expected to appear before a judge later Thursday in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan in Grand Rapids.

Kelley has denied entering the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, but court records show he has been charged with multiple misdemeanors punishable by up to a year in prison...

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-go...-capitol-riots
                              That's just wrong. Your political rivals are supposed to be above the law.

Comment

It is no secret that Liz Cheney’s political career as an establishment Republican took a nosedive into oblivion when she sided with the Democrats in their January 6 witch hunt. Since then, her primary opponent, Harriet Hageman, has been trouncing Cheney in the polls and now leads by a whopping 30 points. After a dismal first hearing for the January 6 committee that pulled in just 19 million viewers across the United States, Liz Cheney has now subpoenaed former Donald Trump campaign manager William Stepien, who also just so happens to be Hageman’s campaign adviser.

https://www.breitbart.com/midterm-el...paign-adviser/

Comment