Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Canadian stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Yup. And/or the taxpayers.
    Virtually the same thing.

I think governments are realizing that printing excess money to pay for "free stuff" is the key to all their woes. Taxpayers end up footing the bill through inflation, and it comes without the obvious toll on these bozos getting reelected ("I never once raised your taxes! But look at all the free stuff I gave you!").

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Virtually the same thing.

I think governments are realizing that printing excess money to pay for "free stuff" is the key to all their woes. Taxpayers end up footing the bill through inflation, and it comes without the obvious toll on these bozos getting reelected ("I never once raised your taxes! But look at all the free stuff I gave you!").
      When you raise taxes you end up in the bull's eye on you, whereas when you cause inflation you have scapegoats. Old Joe has blamed Putin, Big Business and even told mom and pop convenience stores to not make any profit on gas sales

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• They’re blaming Putin and covid here. Soon they’ll be blaming Pierre!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• By blaming Putin they are admitting that they are not in control and are useless leaders.

Why elect a leader that can't even manage his own country?

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              We’ve all suspected it. They use the same machines that you guys use in the States. And mail in votes were used a year ago as well.

Even if he legitimately got the votes, he isn’t a valid PM.

He is the leader of a minority government, shored up by the farther left NDP, which he must obey or another election will be called.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

We’ve all suspected it. They use the same machines that you guys use in the States. And mail in votes were used a year ago as well.

Even if he legitimately got the votes, he isn’t a valid PM.

He is the leader of a minority government, shored up by the farther left NDP, which he must obey or another election will be called.
                He seems quite comfortable with the NDP, who seem closer aligned with his beliefs than the LPC. I suspect he joined the latter because that was Daddy's party and he was likely to be more electable and gain more power by being in the LPC.

Comment

He seems quite comfortable with the NDP, who seem closer aligned with his beliefs than the LPC. I suspect he joined the latter because that was Daddy's party and he was likely to be more electable and gain more power by being in the LPC.
                  He pretends not to agree with them. There is, currently, no difference in the minds of the average Canadian with half a brain.

Comment

He pretends not to agree with them. There is, currently, no difference in the minds of the average Canadian with at least half a brain.
                    FIFY

Comment

• Not sure if this has already been posted or not

Comment

• Feq8PIRWYAAo9GX.jpg

Comment

• 6939a2b0-c85e-49f2-8a81-39c227f0fdf3.jpg

Comment

Not sure if this has already been posted or not

I think so. I remember it from a while back. Doesn’t matter.

But, he would allow them to come in unvaccinated just like the thousands that came in unhindered before, during, and deter the pandemic. Canadian citizens couldn’t even return here unvaccinated but the poor oppressed trying to escape the evil Donald Trump are still coming.

Comment

I think so. I remember it from a while back. Doesn’t matter.

But, he would allow them to come in unvaccinated just like the thousands that came in unhindered before, during, and deter the pandemic. Canadian citizens couldn’t even return here unvaccinated but the poor oppressed trying to escape the evil Donald Trump are still coming.
                              Fe4YEbOXwAMDIgJ.jpg

Comment

Not sure if folks up there catch the reference.

It's from an ad campaign for Frank's Red Hot Sauce

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DWqgNlfzOs
                                Can't link direct cause they write out the bleeped part in the title

Comment