Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

aBoRTiOn v gUn cOnTroL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great --- Just wait til BLACK PEOPLE GET GUNS!!!!

Joy Behar: 'Once black people get guns in this country, the gun laws will change'

On Wednesday's episode of The View, co-host Joy Behar suggested that America's gun laws would only become more strict "once black people get guns."
    What she failed to consider is that 1 in 4 black Americans already own firearms.

The issue of gun control took center stage on Wednesday's episode of The View, as the panel offered their take on the subject following Matthew McConaughey's passionate speech at the White House the day before.

"He said, you have to find common ground right now," co-host Sara Haines said referencing McConaughey's speech. "We have to find a way to rise above this political back and forth and counterpunching because it's that urgent, what's going on right now."

"It’s all about the guns, all right?" Behar retorted, suggesting that Republicans would not budge on the idea of banning AR-15s and similar firearms.
    Co-host Lindsey Granger pushed back on Behar's comments, pointing out that most AR-15 owners are former military, 35-plus and married."

Behar then appeared to suggest that black Americans did not own guns.

"Let me say one more thing, okay?" she said. "Here’s the thing. Once black people get guns in this country, the gun laws will change, trust me."
    Granger, puzzled by Behar's comment, pointed out that "black people have been buying guns," adding that, "the numbers went up in 2020."
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Joy Behar: 'Once black people get guns in this country, the gun laws will change'

On Wednesday's episode of The View, co-host Joy Behar suggested that America's gun laws would only become more strict "once black people get guns."
      What she failed to consider is that 1 in 4 black Americans already own firearms.

The issue of gun control took center stage on Wednesday's episode of The View, as the panel offered their take on the subject following Matthew McConaughey's passionate speech at the White House the day before.

"He said, you have to find common ground right now," co-host Sara Haines said referencing McConaughey's speech. "We have to find a way to rise above this political back and forth and counterpunching because it's that urgent, what's going on right now."

"It’s all about the guns, all right?" Behar retorted, suggesting that Republicans would not budge on the idea of banning AR-15s and similar firearms.
      Co-host Lindsey Granger pushed back on Behar's comments, pointing out that most AR-15 owners are former military, 35-plus and married."

"Let me say one more thing, okay?" she said. "Here’s the thing. Once black people get guns in this country, the gun laws will change, trust me."
      Granger, puzzled by Behar's comment, pointed out that "black people have been buying guns," adding that, "the numbers went up in 2020."
      Sounds like she's accidentally admitting that gun control is racist (which indeed it has been since the start).

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Sounds like she's accidentally admitting that gun control is racist (which indeed it has been since the start).
        I really think liberals get so smug in "caring for" the poor little black people that they sometimes slip up and show it.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I really think liberals get so smug in "caring for" the poor little black people that they sometimes slip up and show it.
          I agree. I don't think she was thinking of it in any sort of calculated way. She likely believes blacks are inferior to whites (which is what most wealthy Hollywood liberals think), and thus don't know how to get guns, and when they finally figure it out, that's when whites will enact gun control -- I believe is what she was arguing. The funny thing is, the black woman on the panel got the racist remark by the look on her face. The sad thing is, she actually got applause from all the other racist white liberals in the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I agree. I don't think she was thinking of it in any sort of calculated way. She likely believes blacks are inferior to whites (which is what most wealthy Hollywood liberals think), and thus don't know how to get guns, and when they finally figure it out, that's when whites will enact gun control -- I believe is what she was arguing. The funny thing is, the black woman on the panel got the racist remark by the look on her face. The sad thing is, she actually got applause from all the other racist white liberals in the crowd.
            It's like the whole "we can't have voter ID because blacks (or minorities) aren't smart enough to figure out how to get documentation".

Comment

It's like the whole "we can't have voter ID because blacks (or minorities) aren't smart enough to figure out how to get documentation".
              And they don't know how to hire lawyers and accountants (at least according to Joe).
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

You are ascribing rational thoughts to an amoeba. Joy is simply stupid and ignorant and actually believes the "republicans r racist" nonsense. In her head nucleolus she hallucinates that Republicans are somehow opposed to blacks owning guns when in real life Republicans can't adopt African child props fast enough to use them to virtue signal about how not racist they are.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Colion Noir has an excellent take on this in 6 minute video Joy Behar's Ignorant Claim Laws Will Change 'When Black People Get Guns' but be forewarned every couple of minutes he let's some vulgarities slip including the f-bomb.

Final note, don't forget it was the left that tried not too long ago to disarm many blacks (and whites) when they went after inexpensive firearms trying to ban them (so-called "Saturday night Specials") so that only financially well off people could afford to purchase a gun.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

For that matter, look at how conservatives respond to Chicago with its epidic of black people shooting other black people. We're not demanding more gun control because of "scary black people with guns", we're pointing to it as an example of the utter failure of the very gun control policies that we oppose!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      For that matter, look at how conservatives respond to Chicago with its epidic of black people shooting other black people. We're not demanding more gun control because of "scary black people with guns", we're pointing to it as an example of the utter failure of the very gun control policies that we oppose!
                      I think this is like a person who thinks himself a dog trainer. If it looks like the dog is going to sit up, you quickly order "sit", or if he's about to lay down, "lay down!" - but if there's no chance the dog is going to obey, you don't issue any order.

I think the libs know durn well that Chicago is lost and there's nothing they can do, so they dare not try. Better just to put Chicago on ignore.

Comment

Most inner city gang shootings are by blacks with guns killing other blacks. Methinks Joy lives in an ivory (read 'white') tower gated community and has no idea of what goes on in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Most inner city gang shootings are by blacks with guns killing other blacks. Methinks Joy lives in an ivory (read 'white') tower gated community and has no idea of what goes on in the real world.
                          What Rush Limbaugh referred to as "limousine liberals".

Comment

...Who have to keep minorities on the plantation.

Comment

Older than Limbaugh's use.

I remember an episode of Maude where the conservative neighbor called her that back in the mid 70s. That was the first time I heard it used.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight;n1383847

SCOTUS readdressed the issue 10 years later in 1886 in [I
                                Presser vs. Illinois,[/I] affirming that states were indeed allowed to ban individuals from having guns if they saw fit.
                                This was true until the Bill of Rights were incorporated into State law.

Now the only way you can prevent individuals from owning guns is if they are convicted of crimes, or not legally responsible mentally (e.g. too young or insane)

Comment