Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

‘Women’s March’ Ousts Pro-Life Feminists from Protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    so then how can someone hijack a plane if they can't say it? Hmmm?
    What if you're greeting a man named Jack?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      What if you're greeting a man named Jack?
      Hello Jack? Greetings, Jack? Pleasure to meet you, Jack? Nice weather we're having, Jack?

I don't see your point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        so then how can someone hijack a plane if they can't say it? Hmmm?
        They say "we go now to kooba".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
          Hello Jack? Greetings, Jack? Pleasure to meet you, Jack? Nice weather we're having, Jack?

I don't see your point.
          There's a Pearls Before Swine comic strip that I wanted to post here, but now I can't find it....
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post

I don't see your point.
            So, an AA meeting on the plane, and Jack is introducing himself....

Hi, my name is Jack, and I'm a hikacker...
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              OK... but "blow up the White House"? That's a metaphor for "I'm really, really angry" and not "I wish Trump was dead"?

Sorry, I'm not buying it. I'm not suggesting that she's a credible threat or anything, but I think it's pretty obvious she wishes harm to the president.
              I think you're making it out to be more than it is, but whatever. I don't really care that much about whatever Madonna has to say about anything.

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              Doesn't matter. It is construed as a public threat against the President. Just like you can't say the word "hijack" on a plane.
              Oh, I'm well aware that it's the sort of language that would justifiably having the Secret Service giving someone a stern warning. Don't mistake my opinion of Madonnas intention with a defense of her language.

Comment

Just for grins, here's an anecdotal example of liberal tolerance...

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/vid...ked-off-plane/

An elderly woman demanded a Donald Trump supporter seated next to her be moved, but she quickly found out that’s not how the world works.

Scott Koteskey, in a window seat, posted video on Saturday showing a woman in the middle seat complaining about him to airline personnel.

And, note - she wants "authority" to solve her problems.

Comment

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...s_country.html

FRANK LUNTZ: I hit got directly by it. And I debated whether or not to talk about it because I don't want to encourage it. I do about a hundred paid speeches a year and I don't want this to ever happen to anyone, particularly me. But a woman walked up to me in the Marriott Marquis and she shouted, 'you fascist,' and then two other words that would get me fired from your network. And she threw this red confetti glitter right in my eyes and she picked up another handful and she no further than 6 inches away and I was covered with this stuff.

Since when do you have the right or just the ability to attack people in a private setting, in a private matter. I mean, you're going to end up hurting someone?

I'm going to tell you something -- these protests are out of control. The language is out of control. There are 8- 9- 10-year-olds watching this. They read these horrible words from these signs and to have to face this personally -- you can see that I get choked up. I never thought this would be America. I never thought this would happen in this country.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

FRANK LUNTZ: I hit got directly by it. And I debated whether or not to talk about it because I don't want to encourage it. I do about a hundred paid speeches a year and I don't want this to ever happen to anyone, particularly me. But a woman walked up to me in the Marriott Marquis and she shouted, 'you fascist,' and then two other words that would get me fired from your network. And she threw this red confetti glitter right in my eyes and she picked up another handful and she no further than 6 inches away and I was covered with this stuff.

Since when do you have the right or just the ability to attack people in a private setting, in a private matter. I mean, you're going to end up hurting someone?

I'm going to tell you something -- these protests are out of control. The language is out of control. There are 8- 9- 10-year-olds watching this. They read these horrible words from these signs and to have to face this personally -- you can see that I get choked up. I never thought this would be America. I never thought this would happen in this country.
                    Wasn't he a nevertrump supporter as well? Of course I bet starlight is still happy though because the woman insisted first that who she was assaulting was fascist first before she did it so that makes it OK.
                    “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

• Source: Breitbart

If any of these [typical women's issues] had been the reasons, I can quite understand why hundreds of thousands of women took to the streets across the world to express their distress through the medium of screeching, placard-waving and ostentatious sporting of vulva-coloured headgear.

I know from years of hard-earned experience, involving not just sisters, girlfriends and wives, but daughters too, that these are the kind of vitally important issues never to be taken lightly let alone mocked even in the most affectionately humorous way.

But apparently – so I have since learned – the march was about none of these things.

According to Madonna it had something to do with blowing up the White House.

According to Michael Moore (not a woman) it was about stopping Betty De Vos (a woman: how does this work, exactly?) from becoming Secretary of Education.

According to Hamas-supporting, hijab-wearing co-organiser Linda Sarsour, it had something to do with that famous supporter of women’s rights, Islam.

According to Hermione Granger it was a lovely excuse to fly over from England with her Mum, to feel humble and try on some new bright red lipstick.

According to at least one of the girls in this photo I found on Twitter, it’s about “good scince”. Yay! Go, good scince!

And according to former Wall Street Journal reporter Asra Q. Nomani (a woman, though not the right kind as far as the marchers are concerned, presumably), it’s basically just another tentacle of George Soros – the sinister, cat-stroking destroyer-of-worlds who Asra has found to have funded no fewer than 56 of the partners involved in the march.

So: nothing to do with real women with any real, actual, valid concerns they may have about the world, like, say, the enslavement of Yazidi girls in Iraq and Syria or arranged marriages for child brides from Pakistan or genital mutilation of girls in North Africa or Moroccan TV stations teaching battered wives how to cover up their bruises.

Instead: just another random protest march by the usual ragbag of leftist suspects...

[...]

Still, when all is said and done I think we owe those women who took to the streets across the world in their various pod groups a massive favour. They have reminded us what a Hillary presidency would have looked like every single day for at least four years. And they have swept away any reservations we may have had about the absolute necessity of having voted for Donald Trump.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...a-just-dodged/

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-23-2017, 03:24 PM.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

More and more, the "out front" liberals are putting a pretty ugly face on liberalism. I keep thinking about the protests in Austin when I was testifying, and the hatred and filthiness of the protesters there. Some of them seemed like stereotypical demon-possessed people, with hate in their eyes and profanity flowing from their mouths.

Yeah, I know there are a lot of peaceful kind thoughtful liberals out there - but that's not who's carrying their banner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          More and more, the "out front" liberals are putting a pretty ugly face on liberalism. I keep thinking about the protests in Austin when I was testifying, and the hatred and filthiness of the protesters there. Some of them seemed like stereotypical demon-possessed people, with hate in their eyes and profanity flowing from their mouths.

Yeah, I know there are a lot of peaceful kind thoughtful liberals out there - but that's not who's carrying their banner.
                          The children have gone past crying tantrums and moved to kicking shins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            Her only defense would be U.S. v. Watts (1969).
                            Liberals and Democrats regularly make references to killing Republican presidents and other politicians which are always hand waved away as "jokes" and the like. All one has to do is take a quick look back to George W. Bush's time in office.
                            • Right after Bush received the GOP Presidential nomination in 2000, CBS’s "Late, Late Show" hosted by Craig Kilborn featured a video of Bush with the caption "Snipers Wanted."
                            • In 2003 comedian Rich Hall (best known for coming up with "sniglets" back in the 1980s on HBO's "Not Necessarily the News") wrote a song called "Let’s get together and kill George Bush."
                            • The St. Petersburg (Florida) Democratic Club, an affiliate of the Democratic party in Florida, paid for an ad in a local newspaper in 2004 that contained the following line: "[Donald] Rumsfeld [has] said of Iraq, ‘We have our good days and our bad days.’ We should put this S.O.B. up against a wall and say ‘This is one of our bad days,’ and pull the trigger."
                            • A video game was released online in 2004 entitled "Kill Bush" where the object of the game was as you can guess to kill George W. Bush (not to be confused with the later games "Quest for Bush," released by al Qaeda, or "Bush Shootout" where you played Bush defending the White House against a never ending stream of masked attackers)
                            • Award winning novelist Nicholson Baker releases a book called Checkpoint which is about two people discussing about the advisability of killing Bush "for the good of humankind"
                            • In 2004 Charlie Brooker, British Columnist of the Year, wrote a column in the Guardian bemoaning the fact that Bush would likely win re-election where he said "John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr. – where are you now that we need you?"
                            • In 2004 Randi Rhodes, a talk show host on the defunct liberal radio channel Air America, compared the Bush family to the fictitious Corleone family in the "Godfather" movies, and suggested that Bush should be assassinated: "Like Fredo, somebody ought to take him [President Bush] fishing and phew." Rhodes then imitated the sound of a gunshot and said, "Works for me." In "Godfather 2," Fredo Corleone is murdered at the end of the film on orders from his brother Michael.
                            • In 2005, Rhodes did it again during a Social Security reform bit on her program where an imaginary retiree from the fictional "American Association of Armed Retired People" says, "A spoiled child is telling us our Social Security isn’t safe any more, so he’s going to fix it for us. Well, here’s your answer, you ungrateful whelp" – and then four gunshots ring out. This was when Bush was proposing Social Security reform.
                            • Columbia College in Chicago put on an "art" exhibit in 2005 which featured a piece called "Patriot Act" which was a page of stamps showing a hand gun held up to George Bush's head[1]. The exhibit's curator, Michael Hernandez de Luna was outraged that the Secret Service investigated saying that the inquiry "frightens" him
                            • One of the least funny comedians ever Al Franken (who went on to become a U.S. Senator thank to voter fraud) went on "Late Show with David Letterman" in 2005 and then on the "Today" show the next morning and told a "joke" about Bush Administration officials Karl Rove and Scooter Libby being executed for treason in the Valerie Plame case (which got Matt Lauer and his crew laughing). It would later turn out that neither had anything whatsoever to do with the leak.
                            • In 2005 the online retailer CafePress featured several items under the caption "We can dream, can't we?" that all revolved around assassinating George Bush[2]
                            • Co-founder of Community of Peace People and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Betty Williams frequently expressed her desire to murder Bush including in 2006 where she said while mocking those who think she's somehow non-violent "Right now, I would love to kill George Bush" and then again in 2007 when she declared "I mean right now, I could kill George Bush, no problem."
                            • In 2007 then Senator John Kerry while a guest on Bill Maher's HBO show "Real Time" and discussing what he did for his wife's birthday had the following exchange concerning the former's assassinating Bush:
                              Maher: You could have went to New Hampshire and killed two birds with one
                              stone.
                              Kerry: Or, I could have gone to 1600 Pennsylvania and killed the real bird with one stone.
                              Kerry was so pleased with his "joke" that he immediately posted it on his website.[3]
                            • In 2007 an assassination fantasy film called "Death of a President" about killing George Bush at the Chicago Sheraton hotel was released which pleased liberals so much it received several awards.
                            • Democrat Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear told an audiance at a fundraiser in 2008 "When I mention that Democrats are problem solvers, I can think of only one Republican who can be a problem solver -- that is Vice President Dick Cheney if he would just take George on a hunting trip." The context of the remark is that in 2006, while quail hunting in Texas, Cheney accidentally shot his friend Harry Whittington.
                            • In 2012 the 10th episode of HBO's "Game of Thrones" featured a shot of George Bush's decapitated head on a stake

The point being that this is nothing new and is something not just tolerated by the left but actively supported and encouraged.

2. Here is just one of several products offered for sale:

3. This wasn't a first for Kerry who in 1988 joked about killing Vice President Dan Quayle: "Somebody told me the other day that the Secret Service has orders that if George Bush is shot, they're to shoot Quayle."
                            Last edited by rogue06; 01-23-2017, 03:58 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Just for grins, here's an anecdotal example of liberal tolerance...

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/vid...ked-off-plane/

An elderly woman demanded a Donald Trump supporter seated next to her be moved, but she quickly found out that’s not how the world works.

Scott Koteskey, in a window seat, posted video on Saturday showing a woman in the middle seat complaining about him to airline personnel.

And, note - she wants "authority" to solve her problems.
                              Kudo's to the flight attendents for not letting a bullying leftest get her way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                                I agree. But there seems to be a sort of shared sentiment going around that these marches were surprisingly peaceful. Almost as though people were patting themselves on the back for demonstrating how good their behavior was, especially after the destructive displays that marked the Inauguration. People, not just here, but on other blogs and forums I've read have been praising the whole Women's March thing for not a single documented incident of violence or destruction. Which is silly, since this is the way things should be done in any protest or march anyways, but as we can see, it clearly wasn't the case that things were so peaceful.
                                Oh please, considering the size of the protests, and the many cities, here and around the world, where they took place, they were amazingly peaceful. Why should it be amazing? It shouldn't. But when you have that many human beings of differing political persuasions, there is usually going to be a few hot heads, or just plain jerks, that are going to do stupid stuff. The same is true no matter what your political persuasion. I don't judge the entire crowd at republican rallys simply by the actions of one or two ignoramuses whose only way of communicating is to sucker punch a political foe. Thats how the propagandists work, they find the few bad actors in the crowd and then highlight them as symbols in order to smear the character of the whole group.
                                Last edited by JimL; 01-23-2017, 06:47 PM.

Comment