Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

‘Women’s March’ Ousts Pro-Life Feminists from Protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Well yes.

The point is that violence and property destruction wasn’t the intention of the Women’s Marches....
    Doesn't matter - it's what tends to naturally occur from liberals.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      Eh, I wasn't impressed. The reporter had a right to be ticked after being sucker punched. A busybody getting in my face to tell me to calm down after I was the one who got punched would probably tick me off more. And then the lady in the back telling her that she's part of the problem, not the solution, is pretty much ignored. The woman who attempted to de-escalate things didn't necessarily do anything wrong, but certainly nothing worth kudos in my book.
      Of course, it's not quite as bad as being yelled at by an organizer to get to the back of the crowd if you're white.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Jimmy, we don't have people smashing windows and burning things and leaving trash behind at conservative rallies -- it just doesn't happen. This seems to be a characteristic that breaks out among liberals pretty exclusively. And the anger and hate and the foul language --- it just seems to be a part of liberal protests. And, yes, it's beyond silly.
        Oh please, Trump rallies not only had conservatives punching people in the face, they had Trump himself encouraging it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Oh please, Trump rallies not only had conservatives punching people in the face, they had Trump himself encouraging it.
          How many cases, Jimmy? You make it sound like that was symptomatic of the entire campaign, or conservatives in general.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            This is just silliness. People are human no matter which side of the issue they are on, and there will always be a few people, who unable to control their emotions, will do stupid things. It reflects badly on the rests of the protesters, but it doesn't define them as the opposition would have you think by pointing those few out.
            I agree. But there seems to be a sort of shared sentiment going around that these marches were surprisingly peaceful. Almost as though people were patting themselves on the back for demonstrating how good their behavior was, especially after the destructive displays that marked the Inauguration. People, not just here, but on other blogs and forums I've read have been praising the whole Women's March thing for not a single documented incident of violence or destruction. Which is silly, since this is the way things should be done in any protest or march anyways, but as we can see, it clearly wasn't the case that things were so peaceful.

I really don't understand what's gotten into people lately. The left are the one's who usually pride themselves for being rational and peaceful, and framing the right as a bunch of dull witted barbarians who are prone to anger and violence, yet all of these marches and protests have been marked by periods of violence and vandalism and that along with the incidents like the kidnapping of that mentally handicapped kid have been demonstrating the complete opposite. And even when we've been hearing claims of the right doing something terrible, like hitting someone, yelling horrible things, marking things up with Nazi/fascist graffiti, time and time again it's found to be completely made up, or the actions of people on the left attempting to frame it on the right. It's getting to the point where even if someone on the right does something terrible, no one's going to believe the boy who cried wolf. I've had two far left friends on facebook have to tell other people to stop condoning violence to the right, or that they would unfriend them. My friends shouldn't have to be doing that. People are losing their dang minds, and Trump has been in office for what? Three days? It's craziness.

I think Trump is despicable. I don't vote, but I certainly wouldn't have voted for him. That said, I think Big Joe here makes some really thoughtful points about all of these protests and marches.

Comment

I agree. But there seems to be a sort of shared sentiment going around that these marches were surprisingly peaceful. Almost as though people were patting themselves on the back for demonstrating how good their behavior was, especially after the destructive displays that marked the Inauguration. People, not just here, but on other blogs and forums I've read have been praising the whole Women's March thing for not a single documented incident of violence or destruction. Which is silly, since this is the way things should be done in any protest or march anyways, but as we can see, it clearly wasn't the case that things were so peaceful.

I really don't understand what's gotten into people lately. The left are the one's who usually pride themselves for being rational and peaceful, and framing the right as a bunch of dull witted barbarians who are prone to anger and violence, yet all of these marches and protests have been marked by periods of violence and vandalism and that along with the incidents like the kidnapping of that mentally handicapped kid have been demonstrating the complete opposite. And even when we've been hearing claims of the right doing something terrible, like hitting someone, yelling horrible things, marking things up with Nazi/fascist graffiti, time and time again it's found to be completely made up, or the actions of people on the left attempting to frame it on the right. It's getting to the point where even if someone on the right does something terrible, no one's going to believe the boy who cried wolf. I've had two far left friends on facebook have to tell other people to stop condoning violence to the right, or that they would unfriend them. My friends shouldn't have to be doing that. People are losing their dang minds, and Trump has been in office for what? Three days? It's craziness.

I think Trump is despicable. I don't vote, but I certainly wouldn't have voted for him. That said, I think Big Joe here makes some really thoughtful points about all of these protests and marches.

Big Joe.jpg

Comment

I agree. But there seems to be a sort of shared sentiment going around that these marches were surprisingly peaceful. Almost as though people were patting themselves on the back for demonstrating how good their behavior was...
                Excellent point --- it's "news" that the liberals were able to conduct a peaceful protest!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Excellent point --- it's "news" that the liberals were able to conduct a peaceful protest!
                  It's sad because I have a lot of liberal friends who are pretty torn up by all of the destruction and violence. Even in the areas that I disagree with them, I know their hearts are often in the right place. I, personally, want to stay unbiased as possible. I don't want to be swayed by opinion, but by facts. I hate the division between the left and the right. So much more would get done if it wasn't "us vs. them". I truly think partisan thinking hurts everyone. In my opinion, it's akin to cultish behavior. But as neutral as I try to remain, people on the left have been doing so many wonky things over the course of the election and now post-election period that have been making it really tough. The right is not guiltless either, but the left seems to be in full meltdown.

I've been finding the need lately to just disconnect from all of it, tv, radio, internet, even talking to coworkers or family and friends just for a bit of peace of mind. I think I might need to rent a cabin in the woods for the next few months till everything simmers down again.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    A lot of the supposed "Trump supporters" who engaged in violent activity at Trump rallies were, in fact, plants paid by the Democrats to stir up trouble and give Trump supporters a bad name.

Source: The Washington Times

Two top Democratic strategists have exited the presidential campaign after explosive undercover videos showed them discussing voter fraud and their roles in planting paid agitators at campaign events for Republican candidate Donald Trump.

Robert Creamer, founder of Democracy Advocates and the husband of Rep. Janice D. Schakowsky, Illinois Democrat, stepped down from the campaign Tuesday, a day after Scott Foval was fired from his post as national field director of Americans United for Change.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ng-they-hire-/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by MsJack View Post
                      I published an op-ed on this at The Hill yesterday:

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...vity-of-womens
                      A very good article. I made the same point in this thread earlier (unless it got lost in the reset of the site) - There was no logical reason why the feminists should have kept out the New Wave feminists. Abortion is supposed to be a non-central issue to feminism. Feminism is SUPPOSED to be about equal rights for women. It has been taken over by radicals a long time ago. What Rush Limbaugh calls "Feminazis"

Comment

Did you hear paid liar Kelly-Anne Conway wittering on about "alternative facts" re the crowd-size at the Inauguration. So funny!

Donald J Trump cares, obviously, since he's the one who sent his Press Secretary to chastise the pesky reporters for reporting the facts. No wonder he wouldn't allow questions...just like his master.

Indeed it is, but get used to it, we're going to get a lot of it from the Donald; he's a petty, self-obsessed person.
                        Trump has the MSM in his pocket. He just makes a statement and the MSM spends days on trivial matters like this. While he sits back and laughs. He has them on a leash doing tricks.

Comment

It's sad because I have a lot of liberal friends who are pretty torn up by all of the destruction and violence. Even in the areas that I disagree with them, I know their hearts are often in the right place. I, personally, want to stay unbiased as possible. I don't want to be swayed by opinion, but by facts. I hate the division between the left and the right. So much more would get done if it wasn't "us vs. them". I truly think partisan thinking hurts everyone. In my opinion, it's akin to cultish behavior. But as neutral as I try to remain, people on the left have been doing so many wonky things over the course of the election and now post-election period that have been making it really tough. The right is not guiltless either, but the left seems to be in full meltdown.

I've been finding the need lately to just disconnect from all of it, tv, radio, internet, even talking to coworkers or family and friends just for a bit of peace of mind. I think I might need to rent a cabin in the woods for the next few months till everything simmers down again.
                          You've seen enough horror movies to know better than that.
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I didn't see that, but there will always be some ratbags when such large numbers are involved.
                            It was Madonna who said it.

Comment

All these radical liberals who are rioting and smashing things and causing chaos, all they are accomplishing is to drive the core, working class, mom and pop democrats further right as they try to distance themselves from these extremists. Pretty soon all that will be left of the Democratic Party will be a fringe group of crazy extremists that nobody takes seriously. Basically a group filled with Tassman, JimL and Starlight clones.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                It was Madonna who said it.

But now she's claiming that she meant it "metaphorically".
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment