Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

‘Women’s March’ Ousts Pro-Life Feminists from Protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    When your opinion of what constitutes "hate and bigotry" is all you have, then you make comments like "blow up the white house", you are a hateful bigot. Period.
    I didn't see that, but there will always be some ratbags when such large numbers are involved. But overall the women's marches all over the world were peaceful. No arrests were made at the Women’s March in Washington as New Hampshire Police thank the protesters.

http://people.com/politics/womens-ma...ton-no-arrest/
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      Feminists have always been divided between themselves about what feminism is, and who is a feminist. Most of the feminist organizations though have unfortunately decided to make pro-choice a core value.
      Yeah, that.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        I didn't see that, but there will always be some ratbags when such large numbers are involved.
        Her name was Madonna.

But overall the women's marches all over the world were peaceful.
        But they were based strictly on hatred of Donald Trump.

No arrests were made at the Women’s March in Washington as New Hampshire Police thank the protesters.
        Hatred isn't a crime. But it was evident that hatred of Trump was the main motivating factor in the march. Had Trump not won, the march would not have happened. That's how we know it was about hatred of him.

http://people.com/politics/womens-ma...ton-no-arrest/[/QUOTE]
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by bill the cat View Post
          her name was madonna.
          Regardless of such hyperbole, the goal of the Women's Marches was not to "blow up the White House".

But they were based strictly on hatred of donald trump.
          Nonsense! That's not what the protests were about any more than the African-American Civil Rights marches were about the hatred of white people...they were about civil rights. The Women's March's are to stand up for equal rights for all groups which have been threatened by Trump and his cohorts...especially women, LGBT folk, people of colour and immigrants.

Hatred isn't a crime. But it was evident that hatred of trump was the main motivating factor in the march. Had trump not won, the march would not have happened. That's how we know it was about hatred of him.
          What IS a crime is violence and destruction of property and there was none of that, which is remarkable given that the Women's Marches may have been the largest demonstration in US history.

http://www.vox.com/2017/1/22/1435080...us-history-map
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

What IS a crime is violence and destruction of property and there was none of that, which is remarkable given that the Women's Marches may have been the largest demonstration in US history.
            It was the Communist Anarchists who did that.
            “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
              It was the Communist Anarchists who did that.
              Well yes.

The point is that violence and property destruction wasn’t the intention of the Women’s Marches. They were intended as a bulwark against the new administration and the Republican-led Congress, which they fear will roll back reproductive, civil and human rights. And they were overwhelmingly peaceful despite the massive numbers.

Comment

Well yes.

The point is that violence and property destruction wasn’t the intention of the Women’s Marches. They were intended as a bulwark against the new administration and the Republican-led Congress, which they fear will roll back reproductive, civil and human rights. And they were overwhelmingly peaceful despite the massive numbers.
                Peaceful yes, doesn't mean they didn't come off as being looney though. Madonna especially in that regards.
                “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Regardless of such hyperbole, the goal of the Women's Marches was not to "blow up the White House".
                  Yeah. It was to bitch about Trump and the imaginary things the MSM ascribe to him.

Nonsense! That's not what the protests were about any more than the African-American Civil Rights marches were about the hatred of white people...they were about civil rights.
                  There would have been no march had Trump lost. And Trump is not removing any civil rights from any of the groups that were protesting. It was a pathetic bunch of whiners who still can't get it through their thick heads that Trump won fair and square, a metric crap ton of sheep who jump at the chance to show their "girl power", and a few, like my own daughter, who simply went because her professor gave her a 100 quiz grade to observe the march.

The Women's March's are to stand up for equal rights for all groups which have been threatened by Trump and his cohorts...especially women, LGBT folk, people of colour and immigrants.

Name ONE right Trump has threatened to take from any of these groups.

http://www.vox.com/2017/1/22/1435080...us-history-map
                  Because most violence in demonstrations are caused by young black males. The march was not for or about them, therefore they weren't there to cause trouble.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
                    Peaceful yes, doesn't mean they didn't come off as being looney though. Madonna especially in that regards.
                    They weren't all peaceful.

Comment

And another.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post

Kudos to the woman who stepped in to de-escalate the situation. "You have a right to be angry. You've got footage of it." "We're gonna go the security." "That's good, do that. I'm just here to prevent things from escalating"

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post

He's been identified it seems.

http://regated.com/2017/01/dion-bews...id-identified/

His name is Dion Bews and he makes guitars for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                            Kudos to the woman who stepped in to de-escalate the situation. "You have a right to be angry. You've got footage of it." "We're gonna go the security." "That's good, do that. I'm just here to prevent things from escalating"
                            Eh, I wasn't impressed. The reporter had a right to be ticked after being sucker punched. A busybody getting in my face to tell me to calm down after I was the one who got punched would probably tick me off more. And then the lady in the back telling her that she's part of the problem, not the solution, is pretty much ignored. The woman who attempted to de-escalate things didn't necessarily do anything wrong, but certainly nothing worth kudos in my book.
                            Last edited by Adrift; 01-23-2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

This is just silliness. People are human no matter which side of the issue they are on, and there will always be a few people, who unable to control their emotions, will do stupid things. It reflects badly on the rests of the protesters, but it doesn't define them as the opposition would have you think by pointing those few out.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                This is just silliness. People are human no matter which side of the issue they are on, and there will always be a few people, who unable to control their emotions, will do stupid things. It reflects badly on the rests of the protesters, but it doesn't define them as the opposition would have you think by pointing those few out.
                                Jimmy, we don't have people smashing windows and burning things and leaving trash behind at conservative rallies -- it just doesn't happen. This seems to be a characteristic that breaks out among liberals pretty exclusively. And the anger and hate and the foul language --- it just seems to be a part of liberal protests. And, yes, it's beyond silly.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment