Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's influence waning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

That's a world - and not in this universe. Though we have a river here (or in a neighbouring state anyway) that is considered to be upside down.
    Wrong mythos.

I believe they are mentioned in the stories regarding Sinbad and the Arabian Nights. If not they aren't uncommon in animes and D&D

In D&D they're called Zaratans

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Wrong mythos.

I believe they are mentioned in the stories regarding Sinbad and the Arabian Nights. If not they aren't uncommon in animes and D&D

In D&D they're called Zaratans
      Turtle Growth.jpg

Ah yes - this photo was taken when it was still a baby.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Turtle Growth.jpg

Ah yes - this photo was taken when it was still a baby.
        You were saving that just waiting for my response, weren't you?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You were saving that just waiting for my response, weren't you?
          Truth to tell, your pic triggered a memory so I checked Google. Sure enough, snake necked turtle, Great Ocean Road.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

That’s just wrong.
            "Your theory that the sun is the centre of the solar system, and the earth is a ball which rotates around it has a very convincing ring to it, Mr. James, but it's wrong. I've got a better theory," said the little old lady.

"And what is that, madam?" inquired James politely.

"That we live on a crust of earth which is on the back of a giant turtle."

Not wishing to demolish this absurd little theory by bringing to bear the masses of scientific evidence he had at his command, James decided to gently dissuade his opponent by making her see some of the inadequacies of her position.

"If your theory is correct, madam," he asked, "what does this turtle stand on?"

"You're a very clever man, Mr. James, and that's a very good question," replied the little old lady, "but I have an answer to it. And it's this: The first turtle stands on the back of a second, far larger, turtle, who stands directly under him."

"But what does this second turtle stand on?" persisted James patiently.

To this, the little old lady crowed triumphantly,

"It's no use, Mr. James—it's turtles all the way down."

— J. R. Ross, Constraints on Variables in Syntax, 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

That’s just wrong.
              "Your theory that the sun is the centre of the solar system, and the earth is a ball which rotates around it has a very convincing ring to it, Mr. James, but it's wrong. I've got a better theory," said the little old lady.

Not wishing to demolish this absurd little theory by bringing to bear the masses of scientific evidence he had at his command, James decided to gently dissuade his opponent by making her see some of the inadequacies of her position.

"You're a very clever man, Mr. James, and that's a very good question," replied the little old lady, "but I have an answer to it. And it's this: The first turtle stands on the back of a second, far larger, turtle, who stands directly under him."

"Turtles all the way down" has become a famous quip but is based on an older work with a similar exchange where rock was used instead of turtles. Not nearly as funny

Besides, the evidence I was able to gather shows no evidence for the turtles going past three.

Comment

Poll: Liz Cheney Sinks 30 Points Behind Trump-Endorsed Harriet Hageman in WY GOP Primary

cheney.jpg
                Attached Files
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"Turtles all the way down" has become a famous quip but is based on an older work with a similar exchange where rock was used instead of turtles. Not nearly as funny

Besides, the evidence I was able to gather shows no evidence for the turtles going past three.

Huh.

Comment

Ouch.

Throw the bums out.

Comment

Unlike Joe Manchin (D-WV), who's maverick opposition to some of the left's more ambitious plans plays very well with his constituents, the people of Wyoming were not at all thrilled with Liz Cheney's antics. I'm surprised she ran for reelection (that's from 10 months ago).

Comment

Unlike Joe Manchin (D-WV), who's maverick opposition to some of the left's more ambitious plans plays very well with his constituents, the people of Wyoming were not at all thrilled with Liz Cheney's antics. I'm surprised she ran for reelection (that's from 10 months ago).
                        How much does anyone want to wager that she'll get a spot on The View when this is all over as the "reasonable" (token) conservative viewpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

How much does anyone want to wager that she'll get a spot on The View when this is all over as the "reasonable" (token) conservative viewpoint.
                          A big-spending, anti Trump, war mongerer? They may not notice any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

OR a high profile spot as a political analyst on CNN or MSNBC.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

That’s just wrong.

Wasn't there a giant turtle thing in "Avatar: The Last Airbender" cartoon?
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Wasn't there a giant turtle thing in "Avatar: The Last Airbender" cartoon?
                                That was the first one I thought of when I wrote of them being in anime -- although it isn't an anime.

Comment