Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's influence waning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Here in North Carolina, all the Republicans were tripping over each other to be the "real" Trump candidate. What is the dynamic of the NY GOP?
    How are they doing that exactly? I ask because I'm wondering if you might be making the mistake that so many with TDS make when they assume politicians that attempt to ride the populist wave, or any conservative that rails against the establishment RINOs, are somehow on Trump's bandwagon.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

How are they doing that exactly? I ask because I'm wondering if you might be making the mistake that so many with TDS make when they assume politicians that attempt to ride the populist wave, or any conservative that rails against the establishment RINOs, are somehow on Trump's bandwagon.
      All their ads mention Trump by name. They would say that they are endorsed by Trump; if not, they would say they "stood with him". Plenty of pictures of him. Talk about completing the border wall. etc.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Meanwhile down here the only mention I've seen of Trump post primary has been in a Democratic campaign ad.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• All 13 U.S. Senate candidates endorsed by former President Donald Trump [in 2022] have prevailed in their Republican primary races.

[...]

The following are the 13 U.S. Senate nominees who were backed by Trump and earned general election nominations:
          1. J.D. Vance — Republican nominee for U.S. Senate Ohio
          2. Sen. Mike Crapo (R-ID) — Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Idaho
          3. Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) — Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Kentucky
          4. Rep. Ted Budd (R-NC) — Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in North Carolina
          5. Dr. Mehmet Oz — Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Pennsylvania
          6. Sen. John Boozman (R-AR) — Republican nominee for U.S Senate in Arkansas
          7. Herschel Walker — Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Georgia
          8. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) — Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Iowa
          9. Former Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt — Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Nevada
          10. Sen. John Hoeven (R-ND) — Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in North Dakota
          11. Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) — Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in South Carolina
          12. Katie Britt — Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Alabama
          13. Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) — Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Utah
          https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...022-primaries/

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• One thing is certain. I haven't heard any Democrats boasting of having old Joe's endorsement -- or are even seeking it. When he comes to town there is usually a scheduling conflict

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Source: Half of G.O.P. Voters Ready to Leave Trump Behind, Poll Finds

As Donald J. Trump weighs whether to open an unusually early White House campaign, a New York Times/Siena College poll shows that his post-presidential quest to consolidate his support within the Republican Party has instead left him weakened, with nearly half the party’s primary voters seeking someone different for president in 2024 and a significant number vowing to abandon him if he wins the nomination.

By focusing on political payback inside his party instead of tending to wounds opened by his alarming attempts to cling to power after his 2020 defeat, Mr. Trump appears to have only deepened fault lines among Republicans during his yearlong revenge tour. A clear majority of primary voters under 35 years old, 64 percent, as well as 65 percent of those with at least a college degree — a leading indicator of political preferences inside the donor class — told pollsters they would vote against Mr. Trump in a presidential primary.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

That said, it sounds an awful lot like what was going on during the 2016 primaries and we all know how that turned out.

Comment

• Trump endorsed primary candidates in Michigan and Arizona won almost across the board.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment