Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Canada is one step closer to the demise of free speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

They were already doing that long before this commission was enacted, and they will continue doing it even with it on "hold". Like I said, I suspect this was a test to see how the prols would respond if the curtain was pulled back a little. They got their answer, so now they will continue quietly as they did before.
    No doubt they'll keep doing it, but before their justifications were pretty ambiguous, and still are. Information about covid they could just cite the CDC, deem it misinformation, and censor/ban any video or discussion that wavered from that information under that particular government authority. Other subjects aren't as definitive. YT often cited wiki as a source about the subject of the Great Reset, for example, but as anyone knows wiki is not an "authority" so they allow discussion videos to continue on their site unabated. If they only had an official government "authority" with a much boarder reach on a variety of subjects, claiming the Great Reset is misinformation, they could then censor/ban any videos discussing the Great Reset based on that authority. I think that's what they were going for.

Comment