Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas School Slaughter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not, but I'm not going to argue with you about it. You clearly do have a bias here and it's obvious.
    You've been pretty reasonable in this, Sean, and have actually raised some good questions. I'm wide open to my thinking being challenged, but this particular case is of extreme interest to me because of the whole "incident commander" aspect. As long as that is the current approved protocol, it has to be honored, but I'm thinking there's a whole lot of "rethinking" this in light of this situation.

I don't think anybody ever considered the possibility that a police chief of such a tiny public school department would ever actually be "the incident commander" in charge of State and Federal Police, let alone the city's own actual Police Department.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Here come the January 6th attack dogs...

House Oversight Committee to Probe Gunmakers After Texas School Shooting

Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.), chair of the House Oversight Committee, has opened an investigation into five U.S. gun manufacturers in the wake of the Texas school shooting.

Maloney sent letters Friday ahead of a hearing on gun violence on June 8 to Bushmaster Firearms (pdf), Daniel Defense (pdf), Sig Sauer (pdf), Smith and Wesson (pdf), and Ruger (pdf) asking for data on how they make, market, and sell semiautomatic rifles.

“Our country faces an epidemic of gun violence, which is now the leading cause of death for children in the United States,” Maloney wrote, tying guns made by the five companies to mass shootings of the last two decades.

“I am deeply concerned that gun manufacturers continue to profit from the sale of weapons of war, including the AR-15-style assault rifle that a white supremacist used to murder ten people last week in Buffalo, New York, and the AR-15-style assault rifle that was reportedly used this week in the massacre of at least 19 children and two teachers in Uvalde, Texas.”

The Democratic lawmaker from New York accused the manufacturers of “reaping a profit from the deaths of innocent Americans” by marketing their guns “to civilians.”

She asked the companies to reveal their “annual gross revenue and profit” from semiautomatic gun sales since 2012, how much they spend on marketing annually, and how many are sold annually to distributors, retailers, consumers, and government agencies.

Maloney said the Uvalde gunman who killed 19 children and two adults at Robb Elementary School on May 24 used a semiautomatic rifle made by Daniel Defense, which markets firearms on its website under the categories of sports use, personal defense use, and professional arms use.

She also cited the recent 2022 Buffalo grocery store shooting, the 2017 Las Vegas shooting, the 2016 Pulse nightclub shooting, the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, and the 2002 D.C. sniper attacks, among others, as times weapons made by the five manufacturers were linked to mass shootings.

Maloney accused the five gun manufacturers of “aggressively” marketing their products to the public despite “strong public support for an assault-weapon ban.”

“The Committee respects the rights of law-abiding Americans under the Second Amendment, but that does not excuse irresponsible corporate conduct that fuels deadly gun violence and endangers our children,” she wrote.

The Epoch Times has contacted Bushmaster Firearms, Daniel Defense, Sig Sauer, Smith and Wesson, and Ruger for comment.

U.S. gunmaker Remington Arms settled a $73 million lawsuit by the parents of Sandy Hook victims in February. The company argued the shooter was responsible, not the manufacturer. It was the first time a gun manufacturer was held responsible for a shooting.

Some of the parents of the victims argued that if the company didn’t market their guns to young men, their children would still be alive. Remington had argued it was immune from claims because of the Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, but ultimately decided to settle to prevent the case from going to trial.

Comment

THIS type of nonsense is what REALLY sells guns. It's clear that every time the liberals start their gun grabbing campaigns, gun sales go through the roof.
        So maybe she should be sending this letter to herself.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

THIS type of nonsense is what REALLY sells guns. It's clear that every time the liberals start their gun grabbing campaigns, gun sales go through the roof.
          I wish someone would do a deep dive into the Dems' investment activities. We know it's perfectly legal for lawmakers to engage in insider trading. They'd be in position to execute the perfect pump and dump investment tragedy and it would be perfectly legal for them to do it. They go long gun stocks and then initiate aggressive gun policy shortly after. I definitely believe they're that corrupt and unethical, just maybe not that smart.

Comment

More about the doctrine of "on scene commander", in the face of more experienced officers and commanders arriving....

As Shooting Continued, Officers Questioned Commander’s Decision to Wait

The article kinda looks at this from all angles, multiple opinions, but it's clear that this "on scene commander" having final authority is being questioned.

This incident will be the basis for consideration of changing the active shooter protocol to establish the most capable individual available as 'incident commander'.
            After how this guy screwed up there's no doubt that the "on scene commander" doctrine is being questioned. Just like if the rule was to let a senior officer assume command when they arrived, and he had screwed everything up, that they would be questioning that policy.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Maybe someone should ask her how responsible she is for the resulting surge in sales that her ignorance-laced ranting will produce.

The AR-15 is not a "weapon of war" any more than a rowboat is a yacht. Sure they can be used in a war but so can a revolver and a knife.

The AR-15 or AR-15-style rifles are not assault rifles.

Unlike the M-16, the AR-15 is, functionally speaking, pretty much the same as most other semi-automatic hunting rifles.

Virtually nobody was using rifles like this in mass shootings until after a decade of the federal government telling everyone that they would be the best pick to do so. If they had incessantly told everyone that the old M-1s were the best choice, I wonder how many of these shootings would involve M-1s.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This has been all over the map with federal judges ruling one way, another federal judge ruling another way, and, yes, a SCOTUS ruling ---

In the cases DeShaney vs. Winnebago and Town of Castle Rock vs. Gonzales, the supreme court has ruled that police agencies are not obligated to provide protection of citizens. In other words, police are well within their rights to pick and choose when to intervene to protect the lives and property of others — even when a threat is apparent.

In this case, police would have "cover" because the recognized protocol is that they were acting under the command of the person in charge who established the "wait and see" scenario.
                Time line over here. It shows that the teacher who left the door propped open was not the teacher who entered the school and called 911.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Interesting

Source: Fed Who Killed Shooter Got Gun From Barber, Sped To School After Getting Text From Wife Who Was Inside

New details have emerged about the heroic efforts of U.S. Border Patrol agents who stormed a classroom at a Texas elementary school this week and killed the 18-year-old Latino shooter who murdered 19 children.

Approximately 80 federal agents had responded to the shooting on Tuesday at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, but were instructed by local law enforcement to wait and not go after the attacker.

“After approximately 30 minutes passed, however, the federal agents opted of their own volition to lead the ‘stack’ of officers inside the school and take down the shooter,” NBC News reported.

The report added that agents from ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) had also responded to the shooting and were on scene.

A source told the network that the breaking point for the federal agents was when they saw that parents were trying to get into the building themselves to pull their children out.

Latino Border Patrol agent Jacob Albarado had just sat down for a haircut when his wife, who was a teacher at Robb Elementary School, texted him and told him what was happening and asked him for help.

“There’s an active shooter,” she said. “Help. I love you.”

The New York Times reported that Albarado’s barber gave him a shotgun and that Albarado then ran out of the barbershop and sped to the school.

The Wall Street Journal reported earlier in the week that the approximately 80 Border Patrol agents responded to the shooting out of the roughly 150 Border Patrol agents that were stationed in the town.

“Initially, the Bortac agents couldn’t get into the classroom because of a steel door and cinder block construction,” the report said. “Meanwhile, the gunman … shot at them through the door and walls.”

“The Bortac agents got a master key from the school principal that allowed them to enter the room,” the report added. “One Bortac agent’s shield was hit by rounds upon entering and a second agent was wounded by shrapnel. A third killed the suspect.”

Fox News correspondent Bill Melugin tweeted out a photograph of the hat that the Border Patrol agent was wearing when he killed the attacker.

“This is the hat the elite, veteran BORTAC Border Patrol agent was wearing when he breached the classroom with a tactical team and engaged/killed the Uvalde school shooter, a CBP source tells me,” Melugin tweeted. “Graze wound to head. Many BP agents in Uvalde have kids at the school.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

I wish someone would do a deep dive into the Dems' investment activities. We know it's perfectly legal for lawmakers to engage in insider trading. They'd be in position to execute the perfect pump and dump investment tragedy and it would be perfectly legal for them to do it. They go long gun stocks and then initiate aggressive gun policy shortly after. I definitely believe they're that corrupt and unethical, just maybe not that smart.
                    Wow..... yeah.... hadn't thought about that. They KNOW that gun sales go through the roof when they start their anti-gun campaigns....

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

After how this guy screwed up there's no doubt that the "on scene commander" doctrine is being questioned. Just like if the rule was to let a senior officer assume command when they arrived, and he had screwed everything up, that they would be questioning that policy.
                      The problem here is that mass shootings typically only last a few minutes --- WHO KNEW that this one would drag on as long as it did? Who ever imagined that an "incident commander" would allow a situation like this to go on so long?

Comment

Maybe someone should ask her how responsible she is for the resulting surge in sales that her ignorance-laced ranting will produce.

The AR-15 is not a "weapon of war" any more than a rowboat is a yacht. Sure they can be used in a war but so can a revolver and a knife.

The AR-15 or AR-15-style rifles are not assault rifles.

Unlike the M-16, the AR-15 is, functionally speaking, pretty much the same as most other semi-automatic hunting rifles.

Virtually nobody was using rifles like this in mass shootings until after a decade of the federal government telling everyone that they would be the best pick to do so. If they had incessantly told everyone that the old M-1s were the best choice, I wonder how many of these shootings would involve M-1s.
                        Yeah, that's the new buzzword --- Kamala was just droning on about "weapons of war". You'll see that repeated over and over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Time line over here. It shows that the teacher who left the door propped open was not the teacher who entered the school and called 911.
                          Thanks, Tab -- hadn't seen that yet.

Comment

Interesting

Source: Fed Who Killed Shooter Got Gun From Barber, Sped To School After Getting Text From Wife Who Was Inside

New details have emerged about the heroic efforts of U.S. Border Patrol agents who stormed a classroom at a Texas elementary school this week and killed the 18-year-old Latino shooter who murdered 19 children.

Approximately 80 federal agents had responded to the shooting on Tuesday at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, but were instructed by local law enforcement to wait and not go after the attacker.

“After approximately 30 minutes passed, however, the federal agents opted of their own volition to lead the ‘stack’ of officers inside the school and take down the shooter,” NBC News reported.

The report added that agents from ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) had also responded to the shooting and were on scene.

A source told the network that the breaking point for the federal agents was when they saw that parents were trying to get into the building themselves to pull their children out.

Latino Border Patrol agent Jacob Albarado had just sat down for a haircut when his wife, who was a teacher at Robb Elementary School, texted him and told him what was happening and asked him for help.

“There’s an active shooter,” she said. “Help. I love you.”

The New York Times reported that Albarado’s barber gave him a shotgun and that Albarado then ran out of the barbershop and sped to the school.

The Wall Street Journal reported earlier in the week that the approximately 80 Border Patrol agents responded to the shooting out of the roughly 150 Border Patrol agents that were stationed in the town.

“Initially, the Bortac agents couldn’t get into the classroom because of a steel door and cinder block construction,” the report said. “Meanwhile, the gunman … shot at them through the door and walls.”

“The Bortac agents got a master key from the school principal that allowed them to enter the room,” the report added. “One Bortac agent’s shield was hit by rounds upon entering and a second agent was wounded by shrapnel. A third killed the suspect.”

Fox News correspondent Bill Melugin tweeted out a photograph of the hat that the Border Patrol agent was wearing when he killed the attacker.

“This is the hat the elite, veteran BORTAC Border Patrol agent was wearing when he breached the classroom with a tactical team and engaged/killed the Uvalde school shooter, a CBP source tells me,” Melugin tweeted. “Graze wound to head. Many BP agents in Uvalde have kids at the school.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

wow

Comment

Yeah, that's the new buzzword --- Kamala was just droning on about "weapons of war". You'll see that repeated over and over again.
                              If an army selected the AR-15 to arm their troops with it is a pretty safe bet which side will lose.

Comment

Wow..... yeah.... hadn't thought about that. They KNOW that gun sales go through the roof when they start their anti-gun campaigns....
                                The correlation is mass-shootings and gun sales, not anti-gun campaigns. The gun manufacturers profit from school shootings. This is the true nature of your support for gun rights. You are helping to perpetuate a very cruel positive feedback loop.
                                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment