Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas School Slaughter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    If the teachers were armed there'd be fewer deaths.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/k...26/id/1071661/
    Again, this guy is somewhat of a local celebrity....

staff armed.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Or this has broken her
      ...further.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        If the teachers were armed there'd be fewer deaths.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/k...26/id/1071661/
        This is the only real solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

In ADDITION to the proper school safety protocols, yes. As a last resort.

And, to be clear, in all of the situations where there are "armed staff" - it is entirely voluntary, and they are extensively trained.

Comment

By the way, this is vehemently opposed by the liberals, including those in charge of our public schools. It's all about GUN CONTROL, not safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

By the way, this is vehemently opposed by the liberals, including those in charge of our public schools. It's all about GUN CONTROL, not safety.
              Because leftists lawmakers don't want to protect students; they want authoritarian control. That's all they know. And their constituents are pure emotional idiots.

I think red states should take the initiative.

Comment

• Whenever this happens, I have the same thoughts and come to the same conclusions. There will be a lot of shouting and crying, and nothing will be done.

The problem is this. The only way to stop (or significantly reduce) gun violence is to get rid of guns. Look at Australia. They had a mass shooting and immediately banned most gun sales and instituted a buy-back program. I lived in Oz for a couple of years and it doesn't surprise me that people agreed to it. Australians tend to be very community conscious. They are much more ready to give up some rights for the good of everyone. Putting it another way, they valued the lives of the victims higher than their right to own guns.

So, why not do it here? Simple, people in general here value their 2nd Amendment rights so highly that they are prepared to accept the collateral damage that results. I've carried out a personal and obviously unscientific survey over the years. I pick people who are greatly in favor of gun control and ask them if they would support repealing the 2nd Amendment. The answer has been "no" in pretty much every case. Another thing. Have you noticed that Politicians who speak up in the wake of these disasters and demand more gun control always slip in something to the effect that they support 2nd Amendment rights. They know perfectly well that any politician that spoke out against the 2nd Amendment would be toast in short order.

So, gun lovers, no need to get all worried when these mass shootings occur, Nothing meaningful is going to be done. Just wait for it all to calm down. Until the next time, when it will all repeat.

Comment

Because leftists lawmakers don't want to protect students; they want authoritarian control. That's all they know. And their constituents are pure emotional idiots.

I think red states should take the initiative.
                  What we have seen, Sean, is that when "red" people stand up to the nonsense of the Teachers Unions, our current administration labels them "domestic terrorists".

I do believe, however, that the tide is turning -- largely thanks, oddly enough, to the shutdowns of COVID.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alien View Post
                    Whenever this happens, I have the same thoughts and come to the same conclusions. There will be a lot of shouting and crying, and nothing will be done.
                    I'll just address this point. The liberals NEED this issue to justify gun grabbing. If they were REALLY serious about school safety, things could be a LOT different.

Comment

By the way, on THIS, we agree --- the libs NEED school shootings as part of their gun grabbing campaign.

Comment

• For once, the facts are way sadder than the media gibberish.

Lord please have mercy.
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

What we have seen, Sean, is that when "red" people stand up to the nonsense of the Teachers Unions, our current administration labels them "domestic terrorists".

I do believe, however, that the tide is turning -- largely thanks, oddly enough, to the shutdowns of COVID.
                          It's pretty inevitable that at some point there's going to be major conflict between the two sides -- likely over either the abortion issue or gun issue, or both -- so the right might as well stop beating around the bush and just start implementing these policies. Since we have too many establishment do-nothing politicians like McConnell who will impede this progress, we need governors to step up.

Comment

The only thing I would glean from that is --- he came by his lunacy legitimately. She's nuttier than a fruitcake.
                            I understand she has drug issues. May be hitting the stuff harder than usual, so not thinking much at all right now.
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

By the way, on THIS, we agree --- the libs NEED school shootings as part of their gun grabbing campaign.
                              I'm sure phony Dems like Beto love it when it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                The left seem to view the constitution as nothing short of an impediment for many years now. That's why they pushed the "living document" concept so that it can mean whatever you want at any given moment. Now they seem to just want to scrap it being at war with both the First and Second Amendments.

Funny how they focus on the things that are there to lay out the rights of the people.
                                Liberals don't want the Constitution to be a living document, they want it to be a dead one.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment