Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas School Slaughter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This will go down in the history books as a classic case of how to do EVERYTHING WRONG in a school safety situation.
    It's appearing to have been handled even worse than Parkland

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      It's appearing to have been handled even worse than Parkland
      I have trained with our own PD in this even as recently as December, and I'm telling you --- the folks at Uvalde did EVERYTHING wrong.

I'm having a hard time even finding a single thing they did right.

And remember - it's the LOONY LEFT that is in charge of our Public Schools --- and THEY want to take our guns?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I have trained with our own PD in this even as recently as December, and I'm telling you --- the folks at Uvalde did EVERYTHING wrong.

I'm having a hard time even finding a single thing they did right.

And remember - it's the LOONY LEFT that is in charge of our Public Schools --- and THEY want to take our guns?
        The Dems DEFINITELY are exploiting this for political gun control points -- and that's a whole different issue -- but it seems you keep trying all you can to shift blame away from the cops to the Dems in this situation. I don't see how the Dems being in charged of public schools plays any significant role in this tragedy. To me it looks like the cops were a bunch of cowards and they're trying to cover that up the best they can.

Comment

Usually inside a room with drywall too and a whole bunch of things that could be used to batter a door down even if the pins weren't removable -- or smash a hole through a wall.
          That's what I've always thought, too. The inner doors in homes are so flimsy they can pretty easily be kicked down. But even if they were too strong for a child, they could cut through or kick a hole through the drywall (at least to another interior room).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You could cut off the hinges or remove the pins. Bad design.
            Good point. I hadn't noticed the hinges on my hospital door, whether they were inside or outside.

Comment

• The mother of the shooter is doing the ultimate "he was a good boy" routine.

First, she insists "My son wasn't a violent person. I'm surprised by what he did."

Umm, he liked to drive around shooting people with BB guns. That's not the behavior of a nonviolent person.

She insisted that she and her son didn't have a strained relationship, that it was in fact a good one, which is of course why he was living with his grandmother and not her.

And it looks like she even told CNN ... sit down for this one ...

"He had his reasons for doing what he did and please don't judge him."

Wow.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                The Dems DEFINITELY are exploiting this for political gun control points -- and that's a whole different issue -- but it seems you keep trying all you can to shift blame away from the cops to the Dems in this situation.
                You're nuts --- it's ABSOLUTEY the failure of the cops in this situation, including the "incident commander". I have CLEARLY condemned that action.

I don't see how the Dems being in charged of public schools plays any significant role in this tragedy.
                Because it's the TEACHERS UNION (clearly an arm of the Democratic Party, and vice versa) that runs our schools, and SHOULLD have had proper protocols in place.

To me it looks like the cops were a bunch of cowards and they're trying to cover that up the best they can.
                Try actually reading my posts, Sean --- It was a MAJOR FAILURE on all counts - INCLUDING the police.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The mother of the shooter is doing the ultimate "he was a good boy" routine.

First, she insists "My son wasn't a violent person. I'm surprised by what he did."

Umm, he liked to drive around shooting people with BB guns. That's not the behavior of a nonviolent person.

She insisted that she and her son didn't have a strained relationship, that it was in fact a good one, which is of course why he was living with his grandmother and not her.

And it looks like she even told CNN ... sit down for this one ...

Wow.

Yeah, "not my precious baby".

Comment

Yeah, "not my precious baby".
                    I understand the denial. Who would want to admit that they raised a monster after all? But the last bit I quoted

is beyond the pale.

Comment

I understand the denial. Who would want to admit that they raised a monster after all? But the last bit I quoted

is beyond the pale.
                      The only thing I would glean from that is --- he came by his lunacy legitimately. She's nuttier than a fruitcake.

Comment

The only thing I would glean from that is --- he came by his lunacy legitimately. She's nuttier than a fruitcake.
                        Or this has broken her

Comment

You're nuts --- it's ABSOLUTEY the failure of the cops in this situation, including the "incident commander". I have CLEARLY condemned that action.

Because it's the TEACHERS UNION (clearly an arm of the Democratic Party, and vice versa) that runs our schools, and SHOULLD have had proper protocols in place.

Try actually reading my posts, Sean --- It was a MAJOR FAILURE on all counts - INCLUDING the police.
                          I honestly don't know how extensive the federal government arm has on a public school system state by state other than maybe funding, but I would think it's more of a democrat issue if it were a blue state. I don't see how the teacher's union would influence this situation. Have they opposed school security in the past?
                          Last edited by seanD; 05-27-2022, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• 19 officers waited in the corridor for an hour, for more materials to go into the room? Couldn't they hear gunshots?

Comment

• If the teachers were armed there'd be fewer deaths.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/k...26/id/1071661/

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                I honestly don't know how extensive the federal government arm has on a public school system state by state other than maybe funding, but I would think it's more of a democrat issue if it were a blue state.
                                You might do a little research into the NEA and their incestual relationship with the Democratic Party. I'm, quite honestly, surprised you're not up on this.

I don't see how the teacher's union would influence this situation. Have they opposed school security in the past?
                                They run the public schools. They have the power to enforce school safety if they really cared about children.

It was the Chief of Police of the SCHOOL's police department that screwed this up.

Comment