Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas School Slaughter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Also, firstfloor, you are a terrible person for bringing racial politics into this, especially when we're so close in time to the event that we don't even have the clear facts (and given that the shooter was not Caucasian, going on about white people is especially stupid).
    FF wasn't the first to mention race.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Biden is bumbling and babbling and making an absolute total fool of himself.
      His speech was nasty, mean spirited, and divisive.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

What rumors?
        I'm hearing they're needing to use DNA to identify some victims. What the total hell???
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Also, firstfloor, you are a terrible person for bringing racial politics into this, especially when we're so close in time to the event that we don't even have the clear facts (and given that the shooter was not Caucasian, going on about white people is especially stupid).
          He was a "white Hispanic" like Zimmerman, therefore horrible.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

He was a "white Hispanic" like Zimmerman, therefore horrible.
            The fact is he was a Hispanic who killed mostly Hispanic kids, period...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

His speech was nasty, mean spirited, and divisive.
              Yeah, he sounded like an out-of-control angry old fart. Missed a TREMENDOUS opportunity to be "comforter-in-chief", offering federal resources, etc...
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I would like to end the whole idea of "schools" for children. Mainly because I don't believe it is socially healthy to force lots of kids together to bully and be bullied by others, all under the aegis of getting an education. It shouldn't be necessary.

But in such a case as this (and Sandy Hook and the many other school shootings) it provides a target for violent, disturbed individuals.

Comment

I received notification last night that I'm on standby to deploy to Uvalde with our CISM team.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                    But in such a case as this (and Sandy Hook and the many other school shootings) it provides a target for violent, disturbed individuals.
                    If it's not schools then it would be some other location full of soft targets, like a church, or a Christmas parade (to mention two recent incidences that the left didn't seem to care about).

Comment

Some more coming out about the shooter.

Bullied through much of his school years for having a stutter and a lisp.

Apparently lived mostly with his mother (had no father in the home from the sounds of it), and she was a druggie who it appears lived on a property his grandmother (her mother) owned. The grandmother was getting ready to evict her for her drug issues. He'd moved to his grandmother's actual house shortly before the shooting it sounds like, after getting into a fight with his mom who was threatening to kick him out of the house.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/25/detail...amos-behavior/

The friend said he last interacted with Ramos just two hours before the attack at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde.

The two messaged on Instagram, where Valdez reshared a meme that said, “WHY TF IS SCHOOL STILL OPEN,” according to the Washington Post, which reported that Ramos replied, “Facts” and “That’s good tho right?”

Valdez reportedly wrote: “Idek [I don’t even know] I don’t even go to school lmao.”

But Ramos never responded to the message — or even opened it, he said.

Valdez also described how Ramos used to drive around with another pal and shoot people at random with a BB gun — and also egged people’s cars.

He said that Ramos last year posted on social media images of automatic rifles that “he would have on his wish list” – and a few days ago, he posted photos of two rifles he referred to as “my gun pics,” the paper reported.

Friends and relatives also said Ramos had been bullied throughout middle school and junior high for a speech impediment – a stutter and lisp, according to the Washington Post.
                      A family grieves outside of the SSGT Willie de Leon Civic Center following the mass shooting.Getty ImagesFootage of Ramos on the school’s campus Tuesday.Elsa G Ruiz/Facebook
                      His cousin Mia said she saw students mocking his impediment during middle school, where he tried at first to ignore the bullying but then told his grandmother that he didn’t want to go back to school.

“He wasn’t very much of a social person after being bullied for the stutter,” said Mia, who declined to provide her last name. “I think he just didn’t feel comfortable anymore at school.”

Childhood friend Stephen Garcia told the paper that Ramos “would get bullied hard, like bullied by a lot of people. Over social media, over gaming, over everything.
                      Members of the community gather at the City of Uvalde Town Square for a prayer vigil.Getty Images
                      “He was the nicest kid, the most shyest kid. He just needed to break out of his shell,” he said, adding that Ramos was once subjected to homophobic slurs after posting a photo of himself wearing black eyeliner.

Garcia said he tried to defend his friend before moving with his mother to another part of the state for her job.

“He just started being a different person. He kept getting worse and worse, and I don’t even know,” he told the paper.
                      A family comforts their child at the prayer vigil.Getty Images
                      Ramos soon began wearing all black, walked in large military boots and grew out his hair, according to the report.

Nadia Reyes, another high school classmate, told the paper that Ramos recently posted an Instagram story of himself yelling at his mom, who he said was trying to kick him out of their home.

“He posted videos on his Instagram where the cops were there and he’d call his mom a b—- and say she wanted to kick him out,” she told the paper. “He’d be screaming and talking to his mom really aggressively.”
                      Law enforcement work the scene.Getty Images
                      Ramos’ neighbor Ruben Flores, 41, said he tried to be a kind of father figure to the troubled teen, who had “a pretty rough life with his mom.”

He told the paper he saw police at the Hood Street home, where he witnessed blowups between the two.

Flores and several other people familiar with the family said Ramos’ mother used drugs, which contributed to the trouble at home, according to the Washington Post, which said it could not reach her for comment.
                      Law enforcement personnel run away from the scene.REUTERS
                      Ramos moved to his grandmother’s home across town a few months ago, according to Flores, who said he last saw the grandmother Sunday when she stopped by the mom’s Hood Street property, which she also owned.

He said she told him she was in the process of evicting Ramos’ mother because of her drug issues.

Ramos allegedly shot his grandmother before heading over to Robb Elementary School in Uvalde with two assault rifles around 11:32 a.m. local time Tuesday, according to officials.
                      A child gets on a school bus as law enforcement personnel guard the scene.REUTERS
                      Meanwhile, new details also have been reported about Ramos’ behavior at a local Wendy’s, where he worked from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. or 5 p.m., five days a week.

Adrian Mendes, the evening manager at the fast-food joint, told CNN that he “kept to himself mostly.”

“He felt like the quiet type, the one who doesn’t say much. He didn’t really socialize with the other employees,” Mendes said. “He just worked, got paid, and came in to get his check.”

A young woman who worked with him until March noticed an aggressive streak.

“He would be very rude towards the girls sometimes, and one of the cooks, threatening them by asking, ‘Do you know who I am?’ And he would also send inappropriate texts to the ladies,” the former co-worker told The Daily Beast on condition of anonymity.

“At the park, there’d be videos of him trying to fight people with boxing gloves. He’d take them around with him,” she said.

Meawnhile, a photo of two AR-15-style rifles appeared on an Instagram account linked to Ramos just three days before the massacre, according to CNN.

His TikTok page has only a single post of a mobile game, yet the bio under his profile image reads: “Kids be scared irl” — an acronym for “in real life.”

Just hours before the bloodbath, Ramos cryptically messaged a stranger “I’m about to.”

The Instagram account with the username “salv8dor_” contained photos of guns and selfies of himself. It was taken down after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott released his name.

The account’s single grid post features three photos — a mirror selfie of Ramos in a sweatshirt, a grainy black-and-white close-up of his face, and a first-person shot of a person holding a firearm magazine in their lap.

The same account shared a photo of two rifles laying side-by-side to its stories. The account tagged another user in the photo.

That user, @epnupues, said Ramos was a total stranger who tagged her in the gun photo and messaged her that he “got a lil secret”.

The Instagram user, who said she doesn’t live in Texas, questioned why he tagged her in the pic of the rifles and said she found it scary that he tagged her.

“You gonna repost my gun pics,” @sal8dor_ direct messaged the girl on May 12.

“what your guns gotta do with me,” she replied on Friday.

“Just wanted to tag you,” he said back.

Then at 5:43 a.m. Tuesday @salv8dor_ messaged her “I’m about to”.

The girl asked “about to what” to which he answered, “I’ll tell you before 11.”

He said he’d text her in an hour and urged her to respond.

“I got a lil secret I wanna tell u,” he messaged with a smiley face emoji covering its mouth.

He never told the girl his secret. His last message at 9:16 a.m. was “Ima air out.”

Comment

Some Democrats are using the shooting as a reason for calling for a suspension of border enforcement in the region.

Juliette Kayyem, a former Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security under Obama, was on CNN saying that the tragedy should result in the establishment of a"safe harbor right now in terms of immigration status" and that "the most important thing for the federal government to do right now is to say there will be no immigration enforcement during this period in that area."

As an aside, I see that Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-TX) might have squeaked out a victory yesterday (he was trailing when I went to bed). Aside from being for a strong border even when Obama was president, he represents the only Democrat in Congress who is pro-life.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

One of the news outlets is focusing on the Border Patrol agent who "abandoned the protocol to wait for backup", and entered the school....

Ever since Columbine, the official Police protocol for active shooter situations is exactly what he did --- don't wait -- get in there and neutralize the threat. He did good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            I received notification last night that I'm on standby to deploy to Uvalde with our CISM team.
                            God's speed brother...
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I'm hearing they're needing to use DNA to identify some victims.
                              Article said that too. I suspect it's bogus info.....wait and see.

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Some Democrats are using the shooting as a reason for calling for a suspension of border enforcement in the region.

Juliette Kayyem, a former Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security under Obama, was on CNN saying that the tragedy should result in the establishment of a"safe harbor right now in terms of immigration status" and that "the most important thing for the federal government to do right now is to say there will be no immigration enforcement during this period in that area."
                                That doesn't make any sense at all. How is this in any way connected to immigration?

Comment