Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas School Slaughter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I hear the kid was wearing a dress when he was shot? Or is that interwebz rumors?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Did I hear the kid was wearing a dress when he was shot? Or is that interwebz rumors?
      That was one of the rumors I had referred to earlier. Specifically that the shooter was trans. AFAICT, that is all it was.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Beto O’Rourke interrupts Texas governor's news conference on school shooting

beto.jpg

Beto is trying to justify his idiotic claim that he WILL grab your AR-15s and AK47s. He is SUCH a [ that word I'm not saying anymore ]!
        CBS called him out describing it as a clearly staged political stunt.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...t/#more-233489
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It’s not only the guns that are the issue. It is also the fact that angry young men with mental health problems are resorting to the use of guns instead of receiving psychiatric help.

I don’t think the US is a particularly helping society. It is unwilling to work at a solution. So this sort of carnage is routine. And the next tragedy will be along shorty.

A lot of folks associate guns with freedom and a hedge against oppression. This connection must be broken.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            It’s not ... the guns that are the issue....
            Fixed it for ya.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

CBS called him out describing it as a clearly staged political stunt.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...t/#more-233489
              Wow, I'm surprised!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                That was one of the rumors I had referred to earlier. Specifically that the shooter was trans. AFAICT, that is all it was.

He was acting out in all kinds of ways to get attention - including face cuttings. There were SO MANY clues that he was trouble, and he was well known to the local police.

Comment

The rumor that he was trans appears to be spreading thanks to a tweet by Rep. Paul Gosar. However, the picture Gosar shared is clearly not the same person as the shooter.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                    It’s not only the guns that are the issue. It is also the fact that angry young men with mental health problems are resorting to the use of guns instead of receiving psychiatric help.

I don’t think the US is a particularly helping society. It is unwilling to work at a solution. So this sort of carnage is routine. And the next tragedy will be along shorty.

A lot of folks associate guns with freedom and a hedge against oppression. This connection must be broken.
                    If it's not guns, it'll be knives, or bombs, or cars, or arson, or deadly chemicals, or any one of the other countless ways of causing mass harm. Guns are only a target because totalitarian governments fear armed citizens, and the left would so love to establish a totalitarian government in the United States, but they can't as long as the citizens can fight back.

Comment

Democrats say, First, let us confiscate all the guns; then we can discuss other solutions.

Senator Chris Murphy: "Spare me the [expletive] about mental illness. We don't have any more mental illness than any other country in the world."

Democrats don’t want to talk about mental health. They want to establish universal background checks, the foundation for a gun registry, which will then be used to confiscate people’s property. Then, they can talk about mental health. Once we shred the Bill of Rights, then we can talk about mental health. They don’t want to work on any policies that actually tackle the problem because there’s no benefit to them. There’s no expansion of government power. There’s no chipping away at the Constitution. Yet, they sure can fill the campaign war chests by slamming pro-civil rights members of Congress and going on anti-gun tirades.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...-away-n2607777

Comment

We can thank the libtards for some of the problems regarding mental health. Back in the day, wackos were routinely locked up. Admittedly, they were sometimes treated horribly. Gerry Rivers came along and did his big expose' and now the wackos all run free and crap on the streets.

I live in a small town in western PA. Pop. now barely above 7000 but about 11,000 when I was a kid. No one thought twice about "guns." Virtually every family I knew had some. They were just no big deal. Here, approximately, was the total of my firearms instruction from my dad:

"We keep a handgun here in the top drawer of the filing cabinet. Here it is. Here's the safety. Here's how you load and unload it. It's not a toy. Leave it alone unless you need it."

No, that drawer was not locked. There were a few other guns elsewhere in the house, none locked up. It never remotely occurred to me to mess with any of them -- and I was often a disobedient little turd.

If people saw a gun in a car or carried in a holster, they wouldn't bat an eye. Guns were no more scary than a toolbox.

Gun ownership has not exploded, and according to Rand Corporation, has actually decreased since then. The change is that people are turning more and more Edited by a Moderator and crazies are not locked up.

Moderated By: DesertBerean

Profanity not allowed

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                        Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by DesertBerean; 05-25-2022, 11:10 PM.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

I suspect you will not change the mind-set of many here.

The entrenched conviction concerning the right to bear arms [and its constitutional basis] along the widely available access to firearms in the USA makes atrocities like this and the recent event in Buffalo inevitable in that country.

I understand that the term "mass shooting" can be interpreted in different ways and I realise the population of the USA is very large but I can think of no other western nation that has so many of these incidents so regularly.

The adverse impact on children's mental health after another shooting at a school must also be considered with [no doubt] many wondering if, when they attend school, they will survive to get home that evening.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          The things that you're liable
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life
                          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I suspect you will not change the mind-set of many here.

The entrenched conviction concerning the right to bear arms [and its constitutional basis] along the widely available access to firearms in the USA makes atrocities like this and the recent event in Buffalo inevitable in that country.

I understand that the term "mass shooting" can be interpreted in different ways and I realise the population of the USA is very large but I can think of no other western nation that has so many of these incidents so regularly.

The adverse impact on children's mental health after another shooting at a school must also be considered with [no doubt] many wondering if, when they attend school, they will survive to get home that evening.
                            One problem is that people who favor gun rights, don't trust the gun control lobby, and with good reason. They often disingenuously capitalize on these tragic events to push for changes that have nothing to do with the events they are exploiting. https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us

It's like a 44 year old man who goes drinking, and after 15 beers (5.5% ABV), gets in a horrific traffic accident, killing 23 motorists. Then a group of people come about and they say "We need to stop something like this happening again! We propose raising the drinking age to 25, and limit alcohol content to 15% and under." Neither of their alcohol ideas address the tragedy they are exploiting, and they treat anyone who disagrees with that as if they don't care about the tragedy. Then the next time a beer drinking drunk driver kills someone, they complain that nobody supported the last set of rules that they tried to implement after the last tragedy.
                            Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 05-26-2022, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

One problem is that people who favor gun rights, don't trust the gun control lobby, and with good reason. They often disingenuously capitalize on these tragic events to push for changes that have nothing to do with the events they are exploiting. https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us

It's like a 44 year old man who goes drinking, and after 15 beers (5.5% ABV), gets in a horrific traffic accident, killing 23 motorists. Then a group of people come about and they say "We need to stop something like this happening again! We propose raising the drinking age to 25, and limit alcohol content to 15% and under." Neither of their alcohol ideas address the tragedy they are exploiting, and they treat anyone who disagrees with that as if they don't care about the tragedy. Then the next time a beer drinking drunk driver kills someone, they complain that nobody supported the last set of rules that they tried to implement after the last tragedy.
                              I certainly agree that more individuals are killed annually on US roads than are killed annually in these mass shootings.

However perhaps there should be some federal oversight concerning gun laws [including psychological back ground checks] as well as the nation's drink-driving laws.

I can understand that some people wish to own a rifle or shot-gun but from what I read the variety of fire-arms available to the average US citizen [depending on where they live] goes beyond that.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              The things that you're liable
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life
                              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I certainly agree that more individuals are killed annually on US roads than are killed annually in these mass shootings.

However perhaps there should be some federal oversight concerning gun laws [including psychological back ground checks] as well as the nation's drink-driving laws.

I can understand that some people wish to own a rifle or shot-gun but from what I read the variety of fire-arms available to the average US citizen [depending on where they live] goes beyond that.
                                That's nice. None of that actually addresses any point made in what I said.

Comment