Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas School Slaughter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    I haven't yelled about anything.
    Yuh

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...But trily pathetic.
      Not sure what that is.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yuh
        You're welcome to back up your falsehood.

Meanwhile, I can quote a number of all-caps yelling by yourself in this thread.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You REALLY need to get over that. I have CLEARLY condemned the actions of the police here who screwed up -- as I CONSISTENTLY do.

DOWNPLAY THIS COP'S BEHAVIOR?!?!?! Are you freakin' NUTS?!?!?!!?

I have THROUGHLY condemned him for his screw-up. It's BECAUSE of that that I see him not as a "real cop", but a guy with a gun and a badge who probably never should have been in law enforcement.

Tell you what, Gondy --- I'm going to excuse myself from your little emotional tirades, and get back to the facts of the case.

Please feel free to continue to spew forth hate and condemnation without me.
        (note, everyone, the irony of the third paragraph given the two above it.)

Are you smoking something? WHERE have I EVER defended him?
        I think he was terribly unqualified in the first place, and NEVER should have been in a command position.
        To me, he showed COWARDICE, not going in after the bad guy, and not allowing others to, either.

The part after "seanD".

You're all over the map on this - you refer to the "clown cops", then you claim you meant the Chief....

How bout slowing your roll a bit and THINK before you type.

Etc.

So as expected, you pull a Hypatia and accuse others of what you are doing.

We must also note again that myself, tabbbito, SeanD, etc., have all called you out, despite your claims of willingness to admit you're wrong.
        Last edited by Gondwanaland; 06-04-2022, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Not sure what that is.
          And the transformation of CowPoke into Hypatia_Lite continues.

Comment

You're welcome to back up your falsehood.

Meanwhile, I can quote a number of all caps yelling by yourself in this thread.
            AH, my crime of using all caps for emphasis because I'm a stubborn old fart. GIT A ROPE!!!!

Comment

And the transformation of CowPoke into Hypatia_Lite continues.
              Do you even see what you're doing, Gondy? You're not dealing with any substantive parts of this thread, but you're on this emotional little rant just wanting to do battle.

Battle away! I'll respond to actual content, and leave to your childish rantings.

Comment

• And yet ANOTHER screwup....

Off-duty Brazoria Co. deputy arrested for public intoxication in Uvalde

BRAZORIA COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) -- An off-duty Brazoria County deputy was arrested for public intoxication in Uvalde, according to the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office.

The deputy was sent to Uvalde to assist local law enforcement after the massacre at Robb Elementary.

On May 31 BCSO gathered a team of eight patrol deputies and two dispatchers to assist the community in Uvalde, Texas after a state-wide call for assistance was sent out by the local law enforcement there in Uvalde, BCSO said in a press release.

On Thursday, officials say a Brazoria County Patrol Deputy was involved in an off-duty incident while in Uvalde County.

Local law enforcement placed the Brazoria County Sheriff's Deputy in custody and was charged with public intoxication.

The deputy was immediately relieved from the Uvalde assignment and an internal investigation is currently being conducted, according to BCSO.

BCSO said in a press release:

The Brazoria County Sheriff's Office holds our employees to the highest standards, on and off duty and we regret this Deputy's actions during a time when the community of Uvalde deserves nothing but our best we have to offer.

As if things were not bad enough in Uvalde, a cop decides to get drunk while there representing his own department.

Comment

Do you even see what you're doing, Gondy?
                  I'm calling out your behavior, and you seem to be throwing a fit about it.

You're not dealing with any substantive parts of this thread, but you're on this emotional little rant just wanting to do battle.
                  Nope, I'm calling you out just like several other posters have in this thread. You can't take an honest look at yourself, sadly.

Battle away! I'll respond to actual content, and leave to your childish rantings.
                  And yet more of the 'accusing others of what you yourself are doing'. Classic Hypatia.

Comment

AH, my crime of using all caps for emphasis because I'm a stubborn old fart. GIT A ROPE!!!!
                    You're the one claiming without evidence that I'm yelling when you're the only one doing so on this thread, and I provided quotes of you doing so.

Comment

You're the one claiming without evidence that I'm yelling when you're the only one doing so on this thread, and I provided quotes of you doing so.
                      One of us is constantly getting back on topic and posting relevant stuff, and one of us is constantly picking nit and wanting to do battle.

Comment

• Interesting... one of our Christian School Fellowship groups just let us know that they are receiving inquiries out the wazoo in Uvalde for private / Christian school enrollment.

We had already seen a marked decline in public school attendance due to COVID, and it appears that "school shootings" is another driver for parents to want to get their kids out of public school.

Families Are Leaving the Public Schools in Droves

A recent report from the Associated Press (AP) stated that the Houston Independent School District lost 22,000 students in 2020, with only half of those students returning in 2021. An Oakland school district is closing seven schools, and a few districts in Kansas are each cutting over 100 teaching positions.

Utah has not been immune from this exodus. Salt Lake City School District needs to cut up to 75 teaching positions, and has begun discussions about which schools it will need to close due to lack of enrollment. Their school board has kicked the can down the road and is using federal funds to delay any loss of jobs, but will have to make a decision by January or February of 2023.

A principal from Kansas asked, “Where did those kids go?”

And this was a little surprising...

Some began homeschooling. In fact, homeschool rates have almost quadrupled since before the pandemic, rising from 3.3% before the pandemic to over 11% in March 2021. That rate is sure to rise in the coming months and years. And it isn’t just wealthy, white families. Black families are homeschooling at a rate that is five times higher than before the pandemic.

Comment

So, first of all, I thank you.

You've convinced me I need to make a serious change.

I have been told before that all my "CAPS" means I'm yelling, and I have very stubbornly argued that it's just the way I type, and y'all will just have to get used to it.

In real life, I'm an incredibly calm person. My whole adult life has been in crisis management and problem resolution, including hostage negotiation.
                          I'm one of the few people my age who is not on blood pressure medicine, because I'm so calm.
                          I don't yell or scream or lose my temper (well, not since my oldest teenager moved out some 30 years ago) and my wife sometimes gets upset because I won't argue.

Anyway, you're absolutely right --- in this medium, "all caps" means shouting, and it would be way too easy for an emotional person like you to "prove" I was yelling by showing my many many many posts were I frequently use all caps.

If I stay on Tweb, I'll try really hard not to use all caps.

Maybe my friends will help me out by reminding me when I slip up.

So, thanks again!

Comment

I don't yell or scream or lose my temper (well, not since my oldest teenager moved out some 30 years ago) and my wife sometimes gets upset because I won't argue. ....
                            My wife laughs at me when I have to call a service provider who screwed up really badly and I need to take them to task....
                            (Currently at war with TruGreen)

I very calmly tell them... "Now, Mary --- may I call you Mary? ---- I just want to explain that I'm really really hacked, but I don't yell and scream and cuss, so you might not think I'm really upset. So, just so you know, if I did yell and scream and cuss, I would be doing that right now, you get what I'm saying, Mary?"

What almost always follows is gushing and apologizing and promising to help me, and, "yes, I understand you're upset, but let's see what we can do...."

Comment

One of us is constantly getting back on topic and posting relevant stuff, and one of us is constantly picking nit and wanting to do battle.
                              Ah, so calling out the great and mighty cowpoke is 'picking nit'. Gotcha. Couldn't be more Hypatia-esque unless you downed some strudel and moaned about anti-judaism and then contradicted yourself about anti-semitism in the next post.

Comment

• Uvalde's Robb Elementary will become "something other" than school

I've heard that Robb Elementary will be "torn down" and replaced with a city park, but I've also heard it will be turned into "something else".
                                In any case, it appears that the decision has been made for the building never to house children again.

Students and staff will never return to the elementary school building in Uvalde, Texas where a gunman killed 19 children and two teachers last month, the superintendent said Friday at a special school board meeting.

Driving the news: The decision to permanently shutter the Robb Elementary School building was shared Friday at what was the first meeting of the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District Board since the mass shooting on May 24.

What they’re saying: Superintendent Hal Harrell told parents in attendance at the meeting that the building would never again house students.
                                • "We're not going back to that campus," Harrell said during the meeting, adding that he plans to share a new address for Robb Elementary in the "very near future."
                                • "We have plans for it to become something other than a school site,” Harrell said.
                                • His remarks came in response to a tearful parent who addressed the board. She said her child was “deathly afraid” of attending 2nd grade at the school and was traumatized by what happened.

One thing our CISM Mental Health Professional pointed out, though, is how sad it is that this happened so close to the end of school, where it will be virtually impossible to do the defusing and debriefing of students, many of whom are no longer in the community.

Comment