Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas School Slaughter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

A wooden door? I doubt it would have the same effect on the sort of metal security doors you see on most school buildings. It's also going to be a very noisy entry which would (should?) place the school on instant high alert.
    Breaching rounds or solid slug, focused by the hinges, can do it. But yeah its going to be noisy and if you're not trained it might take a bit to hit the right spots.

Comment

A wooden door? I doubt it would have the same effect on the sort of metal security doors you see on most school buildings. It's also going to be a very noisy entry which would (should?) place the school on instant high alert.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Let's get back to actual facts - it's all about SOFT TARGETS, and doing as much fatal damage as possible in the shortest amount of time.

The school shooters aren't prepared for, or even thinking about, breaching hard control points -- they are looking for the easiest fastest way in.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Maybe a brain, if shot up close.

But yeah. Also depends on the load and shell type (e.g. hollow point)

But remember Biden says that we should all just use a shotgun? I guess he never asked the trauma doctor what a shotgun blast to the chest would do to someone's lungs.
          Not just a shotgun, but a shotgun fired into the air!
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

A double-barrelled shotgun, which as far as I know you can't rack, you have to open and hand insert shells, so once you have shot both barrels, you are empty, until you can reload.

Comment

He gets confused - sometimes it's "into the air" and sometimes it's "through the door".

Besides, of course, the nutty claim that it's less kick than an AR-15.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Let's get back to actual facts - it's all about SOFT TARGETS, and doing as much fatal damage as possible in the shortest amount of time.

The school shooters aren't prepared for, or even thinking about, breaching hard control points -- they are looking for the easiest fastest way in.
                The hardest target can be useless if an idiot props open a secure door for whatever reason, whether to have a smoke, let in some fresh air, retrieve something from a car... Apparently this has been an issue at high security instillations as well.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

He gets confused - sometimes it's "into the air" and sometimes it's "through the door".

Besides, of course, the nutty claim that it's less kick than an AR-15.
                  AFAICT, he recommended in general that people should just blast through a door (ask police what typically happens to the shooter if they shoot someone who hasn't entered), and later said he told Jill if there was trouble on their property to step outside and fire two blasts into the air.

Hmm. Maybe he never told her where to fire it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    The hardest target can be useless if an idiot props open a secure door for whatever reason, whether to have a smoke, let in some fresh air, retrieve something from a car... Apparently this has been an issue at high security instillations as well.
                    And, quite honestly, I really do feel bad for the idiot (or idiots - some accounts say TWO teachers were involved) who left the door open.
                    If that person (or persons) is still alive, they're going to have to deal with this for the rest of their lives.

Comment

• Now apparently (since Friday it sounds like), the Uvalde police and school district are no longer co-operating with the Texas State probe into the shooting and police reaction to the shooting.
                      https://abcnews.go.com/US/uvalde-pol...ry?id=85093405

The Uvalde Police Department and the Uvalde Independent School District police force are no longer cooperating with the Texas Department of Public Safety's investigation into the massacre at Robb Elementary School and the state's review of the law enforcement response, multiple law enforcement sources tell ABC News.

A spokesman for Texas DPS, which is running the state's investigations, declined to comment.

The Uvalde police chief and a spokesperson for the Uvalde Independent School District did not immediately respond to requests for comment from ABC News.
                      According to sources, the decision to stop cooperating occurred soon after the director of DPS, Col. Steven McCraw, held a news conference Friday during which he said the delayed police entry into the classroom was "the wrong decision" and contrary to protocol.
                      Last Tuesday's attack, one of the worst school shootings in U.S. history, left 19 children and two adults dead.
                      Definitely time for complete dismantling of that department and the school department.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Now apparently (since Friday it sounds like), the Uvalde police and school district are no longer co-operating with the Texas State probe into the shooting and police reaction to the shooting.
                        https://abcnews.go.com/US/uvalde-pol...ry?id=85093405

Definitely time for complete dismantling of that department and the school department.
                        The WHOLE WORLD knows they screwed up, so....

But the eyes of the Rangers are upon them!

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Why can't the intelligence terrorism apparatus we have in place now, which gets billions in tax payer funds and has all the unconstitutional freedoms of the Bush era to gather intelligence and spy on anyone they want, prevent these attacks from happening? Why do we have to keep stacking policy on top of unconstitutional policy, ever increasing bureaucracy when all the bureaucracy and policies we already have in place aren't working?

It's odd as a conservative you want MORE bureaucracy, and want to give government more power and control. This is how democrats think; it's not supposed to be how conservatives think.

I don't want red flag laws. I want the laws and bloated intelligence budget we already have in place to be used with some competence and accountability. If they can't stop these terrorist shootings with all the billions we throw at them and all the unconstitutional leverage we give them, then nothing will stop it, and this whole fraudulent intelligence terrorism apparatus should be promptly dismantled, our tax dollars returned, and an official apology from them for violating our liberties and being a bunch of incompetent dolts.
                          Because, it's not about FINDING the would-be shooters, it's about what to do with them when we find them. I'm not sure how to say this more clearly -- if this would-be school shooter had been reported ahead of time in my state, a handful of likely ineffective things would have been done. Then he'd be free to follow his plan. The system needs reform.
                          Last edited by myth; 05-31-2022, 09:55 PM.
                          "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post

Because, it's not about FINDING the would-be shooters, it's about what to do with them when we find them. I'm not sure how to say this more clearly -- if this would-be school shooter had been reported ahead of time in my state, a handful of likely ineffective things would have been done. Then he'd be free to follow his plan. The system needs reform.
                            I get what you're saying. We need a system to keep shooters from purchasing guns if they've been reported as unstable. And then what? A red flag law will (presumably) prevent them from purchasing a weapon legally only, but it won't stop them from committing the act. WE DON'T NEED THIS. How does the multi billion dollar anti-terrorism intelligence network stop a would-be terrorist from committing a terrorist attack if they're an American citizen? I presume by "monitoring" their activity and preventing them from carrying out the act when they're about to do it. WE HAVE THIS IN PLACE NOW. We don't need more laws and bureaucracy.

Comment

The WHOLE WORLD knows they screwed up, so....

But the eyes of the Rangers are upon them!
                              They've also once again changed the story of the open door. Apparently the teacher closed it behind her, but for some reason it didn't lock. Stuff's went from looking like gross incompetence to quite shady now...

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

I knew a crew who hunted wild boar with sidearms only. Now, that's giving the animal a sporting chance as well as being risky! They always traveled in pairs and if I went one of my handguns would've been a .44 Magnum.

The other a full auto mini-Uzi. I'm not stupid.
                                I know nothing about guns, but if a Tec-9 is good enough for Lana Kane...

600px-Archer_T9_3.jpg
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment