Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas School Slaughter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It appears that part of the problem (and I'll verify this later) is that he was "school police", not a "real cop", and should never have been point on this.
    Well, I recall hearing that with another incident and it turned out the whole 'he's school police not a real cop' turned out to not be true, and the guy had indeed gone through full police training and served as an officer for some time before going on to the school (IIRC it was that officer who murdered that teenager by firing at her car when he boyfriend drove away). So I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

There wasn't any 'searching for the shooter'. They knew where he was, he was actively shooting throughout the hour they sat on their thumbs, and they did nothing. Stop trying to make excuses. If the police won't storm the building, it should be of no surprise that the public will. I've even heard one mother hopped the fence during this whole thing, and grabbed her daughter(s) from another classroom.

Every officer there needs to no longer have a badge. To a person. Especially the ones mandhandling and assaulting parents while their kids are bleeding out inside.
      I was explaining the perspective of someone on perimeter. It completely amazing to me that you know exactly what the officers on perimeter knew at that time. Have you had time to interview them all?

And I'm not making excuses, I'm using my brain. Which you, apparently, are not. I've already condemned the officers who were inside.
      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Well, I recall hearing that with another incident and it turned out the whole 'he's school police not a real cop' turned out to not be true, and the guy had indeed gone through full police training and served as an officer for some time before going on to the school (IIRC it was that officer who murdered that teenager by firing at her car when he boyfriend drove away). So I'll take that with a grain of salt.
        Unfortunately, in way too many cases, the "Chief" of a school resource group (of 6 total 'cops') is there because he wanted to be "in charge" and couldn't make it in a real police department.

But, yeah, plenty of time to find out his background --- fact remains, he made an incredibly stupid and fatal call that he will never be able to live down.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post

I was explaining the perspective of someone on perimeter. It completely amazing to me that you know exactly what the officers on perimeter knew at that time. Have you had time to interview them all?

And I'm not making excuses, I'm using my brain. Which you, apparently, are not. I've already condemned the officers who were inside.
          Yes, you are making excuses. But that's fine, I just realised you're that turd who spent pages of forum posts defending no-knock warrants and made up claims about polygraphs that were debunked by numerous posters and expected us to still believe you because you're an 'expert' despite every bit of science debunking you, because you're a fascist cop who uses those methods yourself. No surprise you'd be here building up the Wall of Blue - you'd probably be sitting on your thumbs with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            There is a report of the police telling the kids to shout out for help and when a girl did the shooter killed her.
            Yeah -- that was brilliant.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes, you are making excuses. But that's fine, I just realised you're that turd who spent pages of forum posts defending no-knock warrants and made up claims about polygraphs that were debunked by numerous posters and expected us to still believe you because you're an 'expert' despite every bit of science debunking you, because you're a fascist cop who uses those methods yourself. No surprise you'd be here building up the Wall of Blue - you'd probably be sitting on your thumbs with them.
              Science hasn't debunked my professional opinions. There's no need for you to personally attack me because you're unable to grasp simple concepts, like limited information and rigid chain of command. I'm willing to lay blame where it's called for, I'd just need to know a lot more before blaming the officers working perimeter. You're just blaming them because you're mad and (presumably), just don't like cops.
              "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Science hasn't debunked my professional opinions.
                Yes it did, you were debunked numerous times by various posters on both ends of the spectrum.
                There's no need for you to personally attack me because you're unable to grasp simple concepts, like limited information and rigid chain of command. I'm willing to lay blame where it's called for, I'd just need to know a lot more before blaming the officers working perimeter. You're just blaming them because you're mad and (presumably), just don't like cops.
                Nah, you're a bootlicker who has proven time and again to be willing to shill for the blue wall you're a part of.

Comment

Yes it did, you were debunked numerous times by various posters on both ends of the spectrum.

Nah, you're a bootlicker who has proven time and again to be willing to shill for the blue wall you're a part of.
                  Ah, more personal attacks because you lack an ability to articulate your ill-considered opinion? Classy.

Also, claiming "science" isn't a short-hand to win your argument. You have to actually show scientific proof, and you're acting like science can even answer such questions as you're referring to. It can't, and thus I was refuted. But I'm not going to re-argue all that jazz with a troll like you.

Also, I'm not a cop (any more).
                  Last edited by myth; 05-27-2022, 09:12 PM.

Comment

As someone who's interviewed pure evil and interviewed those with clear mental health issues after they've committed previous crimes, and as someone who has done some research into these mass shootings, I'm of the opinion that many of these shooters have deep-seated mental health issues. As a Christian, I can't rule out negative spiritual influence, but I also see no reason to explain it all in spiritual terms. We can blame anything on that, nearly always without evidence.

I think the phenomenon is the result of several issues: a desire for masked suicide (intentionally creating a situation in which one has to kill oneself or gets killed), a culture that glorifies violence, a culture of toxic masculinity, a culture wherein young men struggle to express their masculinity in a healthy way, and a toxic social media environment. These are young men who are highly unstable, seeking a way to assert their masculinity and kill themselves without making it obvious that suicide is the real goal. If they shoot themselves quietly in their homes, it wouldn't even make the local news. But if they inflict such horrors on others, they die in a way where people may hate them....but they aren't pitied. At least, that's what I imagine they think. At least, that's what I picked up from the academic literature on this I read several years ago.
                    I agree in a sense that there's probably a whole lot of things that contribute to this evil behavior. I'm not necessarily saying a demon entered into him like the exorcist and took control of him and made him do it. I'm saying there is an obvious preternatural evil that feeds off of it somehow, like a cook stirring a pot with the ingredients already added, which mental health can't address. But even if we attribute just a complex series of natural causes to it like you described, I still doubt that's something mental health can fix, certainly not something a pill can fix. It's a consequence of a toxic culture and lost and fallen generation that preternatural evil exploits, is what I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I agree in a sense that there's probably a whole lot of things that contribute to this evil behavior. I'm not necessarily saying a demon entered into him like the exorcist and took control of him and made him do it. I'm saying there is an obvious preternatural evil that feeds off of it somehow, like a cook stirring a pot with the ingredients already added, which mental health can't address. But even if we attribute just a complex series of natural causes to it like you described, I still doubt that's something mental health can fix, certainly not something a pill can fix. It's a consequence of a toxic culture and lost and fallen generation that preternatural evil exploits, is what I believe.
                      That seems more reasonable than what I thought you were saying. Like the Texas governor mentioned, we had lax gun laws 60 years ago and didn't have these types of shootings happening. So access to guns isn't likely to explain this phenomenon. It's our culture that's changed. Precisely what those changes are, we might all debate. But I do think our culture is a contributing factor in a big way.

Comment

Ah, more personal attacks because you lack an ability to articulate your ill-considered opinion? Classy.

Also, claiming "science" isn't a short-hand to win your argument. You have to actually show scientific proof, and you're acting like science can even answer such questions as you're referring to. It can't, and thus I was refuted. But I'm not going to re-argue all that jazz with a troll like you.

I'm not interested in a debate with you now that I recognize who and what you are from past discussions and your bootlicking and denial of science whilst insisting we listen to you as an 'expert'. Run along, fascist.

Comment

That seems more reasonable than what I thought you were saying. Like the Texas governor mentioned, we had lax gun laws 60 years ago and didn't have these types of shootings happening. So access to guns isn't likely to explain this phenomenon. It's our culture that's changed. Precisely what those changes are, we might all debate. But I do think our culture is a contributing factor in a big way.
                          The first perpetrator (Whitman?) set the precedent for others to follow. It only takes one individual to think of attacking schools, and then the copycats have a template.

Comment

I don't know why Christians get so defensive about preternatural evil. Sure there are Christians that when they mention evil activity they imagine the exorcist, but not all of us view it that simplistically. When Paul said what he said in Ephesians 6:12, I don't believe we all assume Paul meant that all the Jewish and Roman leaders attacking Christians were all demon possessed. Obviously something profound is happening in our generation since children frequently mass killing other children has never happened like this before. If I were an atheist, I'd look to something entirely unique in our generation, like maybe social media. But if social media is contributing to this mass psychosis of our society, then that's even more frightening to me than a theological explanation.

Comment

Do you miss it, yet?

Comment

Yeah, in the old days, most of us drove to school with a shotgun or rifle in a gunrack on the back window of the pickup truck. Nobody shot anybody.

Comment