Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas School Slaughter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Very disturbing. 18 year old Salvadore Ramos (with that name I suspect we won't hear too much about this one after the next day or two from the MSM). Killed his grandmother before the shooting. That takes a special sort of evil, not just shooting up your classmates but your own grandmother.
    They weren't classmates. He's 18. They were little kids.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

What rumors?
      No need to spread them.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        No need to spread them.
        You can PM me if you want.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Just horrible, it brings back feelings from the shooting in my state at Sandy Hook...
          And it drives me nuts that this will quickly devolve into politics - the gun control debate --- when we have a SERIOUS problem in this country that goes far beyond firearms.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The stats on mass shootings are up. While this one is particularly awful, experience suggests that nothing will change. Most mass shootings are carried out by whites. Latinos account for about 1/7th of the Whites total of incidents. Armed guards in classrooms?

Americans need to learn to be kind to one another. Defend yourselves with kindness, not guns.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I don't think these were classmates? He was 18, this was an elementary school.
              Yeah I'm seeing that now, he went to the high school, but the shooting was at the town's elementary school. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                The stats on mass shootings are up. While this one is particularly awful, experience suggests that nothing will change. Most mass shootings are carried out by whites. Latinos account for about 1/7th of the Whites total of incidents. Armed guards in classrooms?

Americans need to learn to be kind to one another. Defend yourselves with kindness, not guns.
                Nope, if you take actual national stats on mass shootings, blacks are disproportionately the perpetrators. Hardly a day goes by in Chicago when a mass shooting isn't occurring, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Excepts black on black murders eclipse all 'white' mass shootings..

Now 18 kids dead...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Don't bother with the grandstanding; nothing is going to change politically. If anything ever would have, it would have happened after Sandy Hook with an entire kindergarten class being killed. There appeared to be political sentiment for gun control legislation for a couple days, then nothing changed and everything went back to normal. If that incident didn't lead to legislative change, I don't realistically see what would.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I think you're going to find out that this was yet another case of a nutter who was posting crazy stuff on social media, but either nobody took him seriously, or simply failed to report.

It HAS to go back to the "see something - say something" mentality - even in the schools.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        Don't bother with the grandstanding; nothing is going to change politically. If anything ever would have, it would have happened after Sandy Hook with an entire kindergarten class being killed. There appeared to be political sentiment for gun control legislation for a couple days, then nothing changed and everything went back to normal. If that incident didn't lead to legislative change, I don't realistically see what would.
                        It depends on how the Dems can use it as a political strategy. We know they don't at all care about gun crime in the US, racial equity, or climate change, they just use those issues as political weapons. I wouldn't be surprised if they use this to start aggressively pursuing legislation (maybe even an executive order attempt), knowing they'll get push-back from the right, and can thus use it as midterm fodder against the right.

Comment

Gun control is a red herring, everyone of theses shooters had signs of mental derangement and threatening behaviors. Deal with that - and harden the schools...

Comment

Lack of gun control legislation is not the problem.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Gun control is a red herring, everyone of theses shooters had signs of mental derangement and threatening behaviors. Deal with that - and harden the schools...
                              Bingo --- and in too many cases, the school itself was reluctant to come forward for fear of being known as a "problem school". They often KNOW who the nutjobs are.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Bingo --- and in too many cases, the school itself was reluctant to come forward for fear of being known as a "problem school". They often KNOW who the nutjobs are.
                                The Parkland Florida school shooting being a textbook case.

Comment