Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas School Slaughter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Just the main entrance. Very true, when someone screws up and leaves another door open, all that security is useless. Side doors either are one-way from the inside, or are to be locked at all times. Sounds like security got lazy.
    And they're blaming COVID --- they claim they simply did not return to safety protocols, but there's suspicion that they didn't even employ safety protocols prior to COVID because they had an attitude of "it can never happen here".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Profound ignorance on display. There's actually a term "schoolhouse lock" or "schoolhouse doorknob" which is designed to ALWAYS be openable from the inside, but can be set to automatically lock from the outside.

Seriously, stop typing stupid stuff.
      At my old hospital office, there was an exit door into the parking lot where I parked that had no door handle whatsoever on the outside. When it closed, it was completely inset in the doorway, and always locked when closed. Even if it wasn't locked, one would be hard pressed to open it using a screwdriver in the crack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

At my old hospital office, there was an exit door into the parking lot where I parked that had no door handle whatsoever on the outside. When it closed, it was completely inset in the doorway, and always locked when closed. Even if it wasn't locked, one would be hard pressed to open it using a screwdriver in the crack.
        Yeah, the fact is that there were a number of very reasonable safety protocols here that were totally ignored.

They would NOT have made the students "prisoners", just safe.

There are SO MANY points of failure here where common sense was just totally absent.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Assuming Democrats ever tore up the Constitution (which they would like to do) and completely banned all firearms in this country, they would come across the southern border with all the illegals immigrants that they never check. Human traffickers, drug lords, US organized crime, would simply bring them in where Democrats dare not ever look. And then all the US citizens who would legally own a firearm would be at the mercy of armed criminals. I hope this isn't where we are heading.
          The left seem to view the constitution as nothing short of an impediment for many years now. That's why they pushed the "living document" concept so that it can mean whatever you want at any given moment. Now they seem to just want to scrap it being at war with both the First and Second Amendments.

Funny how they focus on the things that are there to lay out the rights of the people.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Actually, the schoolhouse doorknobs in use in MOST public schools in America (and we have them installed in our Church) have two settings.

A) you can enter and leave without a key.
            2) you can ALWAYS leave without a key, but cannot enter without one.

Unfortunately, many teachers will disable the "schoolhouse lock" feature because it's inconvenient for them to leave the room and return, realizing they left their key in their desk.

Our schoohouse locks require a MASTER key to disable the "always locked from the outside" feature.
            When they built an addition onto my High Skewl that had an exit that was in a blind spot that students would use to slip out of the building.

The school responded by padlocking the exits in that wing.

The fire department was NOT amused. To this day nobody knows who called them

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• one-way emergency exit.jpg

Again, if the door is inset more than the frame, even just slightly, you can't even pry it open from the outside.

Comment

one-way emergency exit.jpg

Again, if the door is inset more than the frame, even just slightly, you can't even pry it open from the outside.
                Excellent example of "you can ALWAYS get out - but getting in is going to be quite a challenge".

Comment

Excellent example of "you can ALWAYS get out - but getting in is going to be quite a challenge".
                  So if all the doors are like that... how do they get back into school to open it for the next day?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    The left seem to view the constitution as nothing short of an impediment for many years now. That's why they pushed the "living document" concept so that it can mean whatever you want at any given moment. Now they seem to just want to scrap it being at war with both the First and Second Amendments.
                    Now in my state after Sandy Hook, you have to get a background check and take a firearms training course before purchasing a gun. I'm not sure that wouldn't be a good idea nationwide.

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So if all the doors are like that... how do they get back into school to open it for the next day?

Somebody has to LIVE IN!

Comment

image_62375.jpg
                        This panic hardware would make that door an excellent "exit only" door ---

Comment

Actually, this kid DID have a juvenile record, including - reportedly - claiming FOUR YEARS ago that he would execute a school shooting in 2022.
                          He was also known for driving around shooting people with a BB gun. I cannot imagine that if this was widely known that he wasn't ever arrested.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Now in my state after Sandy Hook, you have to get a background check and take a firearms training course before purchasing a gun. I'm not sure that wouldn't be a good idea nationwide.
                            I'm all for firearms training courses.

Nearly every time you see a reporter handle one on TV you can see the need.

Comment

You could cut off the hinges or remove the pins. Bad design.

Comment

He was also known for driving around shooting people with a BB gun. I cannot imagine that if this was widely known that he wasn't ever arrested.
                                There are SO MANY "red flags" with this character, it's astounding. Add to that the apparently incredibly LAX attitude of the school regarding safety, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a flurry of wrongful death lawsuits.

Comment