Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Woke Science...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Woke Science...

    These leftists will destroy all they touch, and our children in the process.

    National Science Teachers Association’s ‘Gender-Inclusive Biology’ Calls Women ‘People with Ovaries’

    The guide, titled “Gender-Inclusive Biology: A framework in action,” provides teachers “practical strategies for teaching about gender, sex, and sexuality in biology.” Among the guiding principles is a pronounced belief in “affirmation” and “anti-oppression.” “Sex verification in sports” is one of the practices that is listed as an example of oppression.

    The guide includes a section titled “Building Continuity in Gendered Language.” The section explicitly tells teachers to avoid terms like “mother,” instructing them to substitute it for “gestational parent.” The word “males” is also disposed of in favor of “XY individuals.”

    The section also complains that “Many medical and scientific statistics only use data from white, cisgender, European populations.”

    The NSTA also provides teachers with a guide to dismissing the objections of parents who are not comfortable with their children being taught the leftwing view of sex and gender. When faced with the objection that this curriculum “isn’t age-appropriate,” the NSTA argues “many young people are developing and coming to terms with their gender identity and sexuality during high school and even before.”

    https://www.breitbart.com/education/...eople-ovaries/

    https://www.nsta.org/science-teacher...amework-action
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

  • #2
    As one "white, cisgender, European" "XY person" to another, I wonder if anyone still wants to scorn the notion that things like "birthing person" are being made official legal terms and will continue to be pushed.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      As one "white, cisgender, European" "XY person" to another, I wonder if anyone still wants to scorn the notion that things like "birthing person" are being made official legal terms and will continue to be pushed.
      What does science have to do with “affirmation” and “anti-oppression?”
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by seer View Post

        What does science have to do with “affirmation” and “anti-oppression?”
        If it ever could be shown that a man could actually become a biological woman that would be "affirmation."

        I'm always still in trouble again

        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by seer View Post
          These leftists will destroy all they touch, and our children in the process.
          According to KG, most leftists don't take this stuff seriously and "have given up the game," so I don't think we have to be concerned.
          "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            If it ever could be shown that a man could actually become a biological woman that would be "affirmation."
            Dr Who regenerated as woman in season 11 if that helps.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by seanD View Post

              According to KG, most leftists don't take this stuff seriously and "have given up the game," so I don't think we have to be concerned.
              As a "leftist" I agree. These outbreaks of silliness come and go. There was a story going round in England years ago that in the cafeteria of a certain left wing Local Council office, one was not allowed to ask for "black coffee" (the word "black" was considered to be insulting to, well, black people). The preferred phrase was "coffee without milk". I can't be sure it was true, but it did fit the then attempts to change the language to fit the latest PC ideas. Not that I necessarily disagree with the motivation behind this stuff, but some people, when they get the bit between their teeth so to speak, will charge off in all kinds of odd directions.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Alien View Post

                As a "leftist" I agree. These outbreaks of silliness come and go. There was a story going round in England years ago that in the cafeteria of a certain left wing Local Council office, one was not allowed to ask for "black coffee" (the word "black" was considered to be insulting to, well, black people). The preferred phrase was "coffee without milk". I can't be sure it was true, but it did fit the then attempts to change the language to fit the latest PC ideas. Not that I necessarily disagree with the motivation behind this stuff, but some people, when they get the bit between their teeth so to speak, will charge off in all kinds of odd directions.
                When you have leftist woke loons in federal government, in the house, in the executive branch, and now on the supreme court -- aside from the fact it now infests our universities, national athletics, Hollywood, and the entirety of pop culture -- I beg to disagree.
                "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by seanD View Post

                  According to KG, most leftists don't take this stuff seriously and "have given up the game," so I don't think we have to be concerned.
                  Right the NSTA has 40,000 members - teachers and educators. Their roots go deep.
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by seer View Post
                    These leftists will destroy all they touch, and our children in the process.
                    National Science Teachers Association’s ‘Gender-Inclusive Biology’ Calls Women ‘People with Ovaries’
                    I think your source is confused. The whole point is that it's not just women who are to be called 'People with Ovaries'.



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Stoic View Post

                      I think your source is confused. The whole point is that it's not just women who are to be called 'People with Ovaries'.


                      A bit harsh on the ones that had to remove their ovaries.
                      I am become death...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
                        A bit harsh on the ones that had to remove their ovaries.
                        Good point.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Stoic View Post

                          Good point.
                          Thank you. The more I think about and read about gender, the more I think we should only acknowledge it as a matter of biological sex and not the constructs people make of it. Our chromosomes don’t have to define our character or personality. From what I’ve read, trans people often have a very binary view of gender, but people don’t fit into neat little boxes. X’s and Y’s do.
                          I am become death...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
                            people don’t fit into neat little boxes. X’s and Y’s do.
                            ? There are a variety of variations on the common XX and XY types, including, but not limited to X, XXX, XXY, XYY, XXXX, XXXY, XXYY, XXXXY, XXXXX.

                            Furthermore the expression of those chromosomes can be hugely affected by hormonal factors, so you can get people who look like women and spend all their lives with everyone including themselves believing their DNA is female, but who are actually XY.

                            Here is a chart of some of the variations that can occur scientifically. On the far left is typical biological females, on the far right is typical biological males. The spectrum in between is a set of variations that can cause people to develop atypically, which includes having a different set of chromosomes, or mutations in certain genes that affect sexual development, or variations in hormone levels and receptibility to those hormones.


                            from here

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I saw a clip today that reminded me that educated people are getting less tolerant of the anti-scientific garbage conservatives spew on this issue.

                              A Republican senator in Wyoming speaking at a University of Wyoming commencement got booed when she said "Even fundamental scientific truths, such as the existence of 2 sexes, male and female are subject to challenge these days."
                              First 40 seconds here:


                              The video recaps the clip in longer context afterward, and I note the audience didn't boo when she listed a variety of other conservative claims, e.g. importance of gun rights, human rights coming from God not the government etc. So it wasn't like it was a liberal audience booing conservative claims in general. Only when she falsely stated 2 sexes was a fundamental scientific truth did they boo, and again when she tried to excuse / double-down on her claim.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seer, Today, 01:55 PM
                              0 responses
                              4 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seer
                              by seer
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, Yesterday, 05:32 PM
                              2 responses
                              44 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seanD
                              by seanD
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, Yesterday, 05:16 PM
                              2 responses
                              82 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Starlight  
                              Started by seer, Yesterday, 02:36 PM
                              10 responses
                              67 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post seer
                              by seer
                               
                              Started by seer, Yesterday, 09:23 AM
                              58 responses
                              285 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Working...
                              X