Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary rigged the election and STILL lost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

That Trump was colluding with the Russians to fix the election. That he was in their pocket. Everything in the Steele Dossier. The entire investigation into the matter by Mueller based on those lies.
    Okay, so, as I suspected, you’re not talking about the thread topic. I have similar doubts about your understanding of the word collusion.

And then there’s the fact-free nature of the accusations of lying.

There’s no question the Russians were trying to influence the election in support of Trump, and, at bare minimum, promote doubts about the election’s legitimacy.

Similarly, there’s no doubt the Trump clan gathered in an office a couple floors below Trump to take advantage of those efforts, no doubt Manafort was compromised by his efforts to support the Russian-supported Yanukovych before he fled Ukraine after ordering troops to open fire on the Maidan, and no doubt Roger Stone was tasked to coordinate releases of the emails hacked by the GRU and handed over to Wikileaks.

There’s no doubt Trump campaigned in 2016 while Felix Sater was pursuing a deal for a Trump Tower in Moscow on his behalf.

I’m a news junky. There’s no doubt most of the information gleaned from the Steele memos was publicly available at the time. I read the Steele memos, and frankly, there’s not much there. Calling it a “dossier” doesn’t make it so, and the inflated importance stands in stark contrast to the two volumes of the Mueller Report and the report of the Senate Intelligence Committee — the only institutional investigation that remained bipartisan, yes, which I’ve also read. Mueller’s investigation into Russian influence was not based on the Steele memos.

Where do you get this stuff.

Comment