Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Great Replacement Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Twelve years of insanity hardly constitutes a "long history". Discrimination and racism in the USA towards African Americans and the indigenous peoples of that country [as well as Jews] has a much longer history.

Good afternoon [my time] to you by the way.
    The history of Germans discriminating (at the very least) against the Jews goes back a good deal further than when Herr Adolph took charge. One that goes back well before the U.S. was founded and even before the first colony was even founded.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The history of Germans discriminating (at the very least) against the Jews goes back a good deal further than when Herr Adolph took charge. One that goes back well before the U.S. was founded and even before the first colony was even founded.
      Pretty much throughout Europe (with the usual rider about it being sporadic) and it was pretty much a feature of the European colonies and former colonies, if I recall my reading correctly. No-one's hands are clean.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

And that "says" it all

If you had any sort of refutation at all you would have made it. That you didn't shows you don't.
        To be perfectly honest I cannot be bothered to engage with you on the issues concerning the comments made on ADL's site.
        Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 05-20-2022, 10:59 AM.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

That is Mr Fischer's opinion but it should be remembered that the conservative side has its own share of anti-Semites.
          And he made his point with facts...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Well 246 years is not a overly long period of human history. I live near buildings that predate your Declaration of Independence by several hundred years.

"It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

The term anti-Semitism/antisemitism first appeared in 1879 by a German agitator.
              And? Last I checked the current year is 2022.

Because he could not persuade Jews to convert.
              Which has what to do with the price of tea in China?
              Luther did not live in "Germany". The states were not unified into one country until 1871.
              I couldn't care less what semantical games you wish to play.

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/conte...rticle/pogroms

Pogrom is a Russian word meaning “to wreak havoc, to demolish violently.” Historically, the term refers to violent attacks by local non-Jewish populations on Jews in the Russian Empire and in other countries. The first such incident to be labeled a pogrom View This Term in the Glossary is believed to be anti-Jewish rioting in Odessa in 1821. As a descriptive term, “pogrom” came into common usage with extensive anti-Jewish riots that swept the southern and western provinces of the Russian Empire in 1881–1884, following the assassination of Tsar Alexander II.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...-of-settlement

The Pale of Settlement (Rus. Cherta [postoyannoy yevreyskoy] osedlosti) was a territory within the borders of czarist Russia wherein the residence of Jews was legally authorized. Limits for the area in which Jewish settlement was permissible in Russia came into being when Russia was confronted with the necessity of adjusting to a Jewish element within its borders, from which Jews had been excluded since the end of the 15th century. These limitations were consonant with the general conception of freedom of movement of persons which then applied. At the time, most of the inhabitants of Russia, not only the serfs but also townsmen and merchants, were deprived of freedom of movement and confined to their places of residence.

After the first partition of Poland in 1772, when masses of Jews living within the former country came under Russian rule, it was decided (1791) to permit the presence of the Jews not only in their former regions of residence, but also in the new areas which had then been annexed from Turkey on the Black Sea shore, in whose rapid colonization the Russian government was interested. On the other hand, Jewish merchants were prohibited from trading in the provinces of inner Russia. These decrees were intended to serve the national and economic interests of the state by preventing competition of the Jewish with Russian merchants and encouraging settlement in the desolate steppes of southern Russia; after a time these formed the provinces of Kherson, Dnepropetrovsk (Yekaterinoslav), and Taurida (Crimea). The Russian government also sought thus to reduce the excess of Jews in the branches of commerce and innkeeping within the territory annexed from Poland. In 1794, the earlier decree was ratified and applied to the regions which had been annexed with the second partition of Poland (1793) also – the provinces of Minsk, Volhynia, and Podolia – as well as to the region to the east of the River Dnieper (the provinces of Chernigov and Poltava ).

With the third partition of Poland (1795), the law was also applied to the provinces of Vilna and Grodno. In 1799, Courland was added to the Pale of Settlement. In the “Jewish Statute” promulgated in 1804, the province of Astrakhan and the whole of the northern Caucasus were added to the regions open to Jews. In 1812, upon its annexation, Bessarabia was also included. The “Kingdom of Poland,” incorporated into Russia in 1815, which included ten provinces that later became known as the “Vistula Region,” was not officially included within the Pale of Settlement and, until 1868, the transit of Jews through it to the Lithuanian and Ukrainian provinces was prohibited by law. In practice, however, the provinces of the Vistula Region were generally included within the Pale of Settlement.

To sum up, it was the intention of the Russian legislators of the reigns of Catherine II and Alexander I to extend the Pale of Settlement beyond the regions acquired from Poland only to those areas where Jews could serve as a colonizing element. However, from the reign of Alexander II the restrictive aspects of the Pale of Settlement became accentuated, for while freedom of movement for non-Jews in Russia increased, in particular after the emancipation of the serfs, the restrictions on the movement of Jews beyond the Pale remained in force, and became explicitly underlined within the Pale itself. This was accomplished both by anti-Jewish enactments on the part of the government and by the growing impatience of Jewish society and liberal public opinion with these disabilities.

Czar Nicholas I (under whom the term “Pale of Settlement” was coined) removed Courland from the Pale in 1829; however, the rights of the Jews already settled and registered there were maintained. In 1835 the provinces of Astrakhan and the northern Caucasus were excluded from the Pale. In 1843, Nicholas I ordered the expulsion of the Jews from a strip of 50 versts (about 33 mi.) in width extending along the border with Prussia and Austria. Many difficulties were encountered in the application of this law, and in 1858 it was redrafted to apply only to those Jews who would wish to settle in the border zone after that year. A similar law which had applied to the provinces of Russian Poland (where the border zone closed to Jewish residence was 21 versts in width) was abrogated in 1862. In 1827, severe restrictions were imposed on the residence of Jews in Kiev, the largest town in southern Russia, which served as an important commercial center for the surrounding regions which had a dense Jewish population.

Under Alexander II, rights of residence beyond the Pale began to be granted to various classes of the Jewish population: in 1859 to merchants able to pay the registration fees of the First Guild; in 1861 to university graduates, as well as those engaged in medical professions (such as dentists, male and female nurses, and midwives from 1879); and in 1865 to various craftsmen. The right of residence throughout Russia was also granted to Cantonists who had remained Jews and to their offspring (the so-called “Nicholas soldiers”). The Jews hoped that these regulations would prove to be the first steps toward the complete abolition of the Pale of Settlement. However, they were disappointed when these alleviations came to a complete halt after 1881, as part of the general reaction in Russia at this period. The “Temporary ( May ) Laws” of 1881 prohibited any new settlement by Jews outside towns and townlets in the Pale of Settlement (this law did not apply to the Vistula Region). Jews who had been living in villages before the publication of the decree were authorized to reside in those same villages only. The peasants were granted the right of demanding the expulsion of the Jews who lived among them. These decrees were bound up with intensified administrative pressure, brutality by local authorities, and the systematic acceptance of bribery on the part of the lower administrative ranks. Occasionally, new places were excluded from the Pale of Settlement, such as Rostov and Taganrog (1887) and the spa town of Yalta (1893). During the years 1891–92, thousands of Jewish craftsmen and their families were expelled from Moscow.

I fully accept my country's twelve years of insanity but anti-Semitism/anti-Judaism was not unique to the German states or indeed to later unified Germany.
              More attempts to distract.

Again, you didn't have twelve years of insanity, you had centuries of anti-semitism ingrained in your culture. Beginning long before any of the things you just listed to try to distract from what is being discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Pretty much throughout Europe (with the usual rider about it being sporadic) and it was pretty much a feature of the European colonies and former colonies, if I recall my reading correctly. No-one's hands are clean.

But be careful with some here who might read that. For them it appears that anti-Semitism is all the fault of the vile Hun?
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Well 246 years is not a overly long period of human history. I live near buildings that predate your Declaration of Independence by several hundred years.
                  Luther died over 450 years ago and the antisemitism his movement fostered in the area (which is now known as Germany) began even before he died.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                    And? Last I checked the current year is 2022.
                    Last time I checked Martin Luther died in 1546. He therefore predates the first usage of the term anti-Semitic/antisemitic by 333 years.

Which has what to do with the price of tea in China?
                    That is the basis for his later virulent anti-Judaic rants.

I couldn't care less what semantical games you wish to play.
                    I was making a historical point. Nothing more.

More attempts to distract.
                    Just some facts about Russia's history towards the Jews.

Again, you didn't have twelve years of insanity, you had centuries of anti-semitism ingrained in your culture. Beginning long before any of the things you just listed to try to distract from what is being discussed.
                    As has every country in Europe. So what makes Germany so different from the rest apart from the twelve years of the Nazis?
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Last time I checked Martin Luther died in 1546. He therefore predates the first usage of the term anti-Semitic/antisemitic by 333 years.
                      Correct, he did. What about it? Are you laughably suggesting that he was not anti-semitic because the english term 'antisemite' had not yet been coined? Are you truly so damned stupid?
                      That is the basis for his later virulent anti-Judaic rants.
                      And?

I was making a historical point. Nothing more.
                      We all can see your semantical games coming a mile away, you cockwomble.
                      Just some facts about Russia's history towards the Jews.
                      I didn't ask, hun.

As has every country in Europe. So what makes Germany so different from the rest apart from the twelve years of the Nazis?
                      Its antisemitism is what birthed the Nazis. The rest of Europe didn't. Anti-semitism is in your DNA.

Comment

Correct, he did. What about it? Are you laughably suggesting that he was not anti-semitic because the english term 'antisemite' had not yet been coined? Are you truly so damned stupid?
                        Well strictly speaking he could not have been antisemitic. It is the same as when Christians write about Paul condemning homosexuality as the word did not exist in the first century CE

And?
                        That is why he became anti-Judaic. He initially had a great deal of respect for the Jews.

We all can see your semantical games coming a mile away, you cockwomble.
                        You appeared to be misinformed and so I offered some historical information for you.

Its antisemitism is what birthed the Nazis. The rest of Europe didn't. Anti-semitism is in your DNA.
                        Please do read some history.

I might send that to Private Eye it has a Dumb Britain section perhaps it could expand it into Dumb America
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Comment

Over four hundred if you're counting the founding of some of the colonies.

But, yeah. Around here folks think if a house is a hundred years old that it is really ancient. And there aren't a whole lot of houses that old still around. I had a friend who lived in what was a barn from the Tudor period that had been converted during the early Georgian period while staying in Southern England for a few months. That's old.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

The Republicans didn't name it.
                              No, they're just using the name for other ideas, in order to try to confuse things.

Sort of the way they did with Critical Race Theory.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Is "the topic" what's in the Subject line, or the main content of the OP? They're a bit different.

Humor is so hard around here...
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment