Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The sort of foreign influence on elections that the left loves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sort of foreign influence on elections that the left loves

Seems that one of the donators to Democrats, one of those with the deepest pockets and a willingness to throw it around, is a Swiss billionaire. Apparently he has been doing this for awhile but largely flying under the radar unlike the others in that our ever vigilant press has made sure to mostly ignore it. I mean I'm a political wonk, born and raised in political family and educated in the suburbs of D.C., and I've never even heard of this bag man, Hansjörg Wyss.

Swiss Billionaire’s Mega-Influence On U.S. Politics

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Seems that one of the donators to Democrats, one of those with the deepest pockets and a willingness to throw it around, is a Swiss billionaire. Apparently he has been doing this for awhile but largely flying under the radar unlike the others in that our ever vigilant press has made sure to mostly ignore it. I mean I'm a political wonk, born and raised in political family and educated in the suburbs of D.C., and I've never even heard of this bag man, Hansjörg Wyss.

Swiss Billionaire’s Mega-Influence On U.S. Politics
    Remember if it helps the right, set your hair on fire and talk about how it's morally repugnant, and insinuate that it's bad regardless of whether it's permitted by law. If it is permitted, demand that the law be changed (without ever really taking any solid action).

If it helps the left, shrug your shoulders, say "Meh, it's legal" and use that as justification to end the discussion.

Comment

Bork! Bork! Bork!

Comment

Never heard of him. It sounds like Leftist media isn't very concerned with determining his citizenship. It will be up to the Right to find out.

At any rate, at 86, he may not be a problem much longer. He certainly looks like he's rolling quickly down hill.

Comment