Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Teen Guns Down 13 Blacks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starlight
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post
    That's horrific. Anyone who supports that sociopath has serious issues.

PS. I'm obviously talking about Tucker Carlson.
    Last edited by Starlight; 05-15-2022, 09:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I'm not defending Carlson. Something rubs me wrong about him since he was on Crossfire on CNN

It's just that the left thinks they have a scapegoat even if they have to grimly ignore the shooter's self-description as being "authoritarian left" to continue the farce.
    Not that it matters because the shooter apparently wasn't fond of Fox News, but here's the Tucker clip...

What's funny is that he was echoing what Biden basically said about minorities superseding the white race (so if anyone is to blame it's Biden who's much more high profile than Tucker). The only thing Tucker really changed was his opinion that the Biden admin was doing it intentionally (the question then is: if Biden is personally concerned about this, why are they allowing illegals to stream across the border like they are?). Of course, what SL did was post clips that edited all that context out because that's the disingenuous slimeball he is.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

I wouldn't call Carlson a principled conservative, with his support of protectionist economic policies and his personal sexual morality. But that is irrelevant to this discussion here.
    I'm not defending Carlson. Something rubs me wrong about him since he was on Crossfire on CNN

It's just that the left thinks they have a scapegoat even if they have to grimly ignore the shooter's self-description as being "authoritarian left" to continue the farce.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    star? He's one of you guys. The former communist described himself in his manifesto as being "on the political compass I fall in the mild-moderate authoritarian left category."

He also made it clear that he was anything but fond of Fox News.

IOW, he is a left-wing nut-job who was hardly influenced by anything Carlson might have said or anything he heard on Fox.

I wouldn't call Carlson a principled conservative, with his support of protectionist economic policies and his personal sexual morality. But that is irrelevant to this discussion here.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Regardless of whether this specific killer was specifically motivated by Tucker Carlson, it still seems hugely problematic that the number-one most watched cable news show is continuously spouting the same rhetoric about the great replacement theory as what was in this killer's manifesto.

There's a good 10 minute summary here, with clips from Carlson's shows, demonstrating the similarity:
    star? He's one of you guys. The former communist described himself in his manifesto as being "on the political compass I fall in the mild-moderate authoritarian left category."

He also made it clear that he was anything but fond of Fox News.

IOW, he is a left-wing nut-job who was hardly influenced by anything Carlson might have said or anything he heard on Fox.

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    Regardless of whether this specific killer was specifically motivated by Tucker Carlson, it still seems hugely problematic that the number-one most watched cable news show is continuously spouting the same rhetoric about the great replacement theory as what was in this killer's manifesto.

There's a good 10 minute summary here, with clips from Carlson's shows, demonstrating the similarity:

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied

I guess this was addressed to me, and I admit I didn't phrase correctly what I meant. I didn't mean to say it "might" be accurate that it's a hate crime, I was looking passed specifically what Garland said and projecting forward to when they inevitably dub this as an example of rightwing hate crime or extremism. They're already blaming conservative media, so my projection wasn't farfetched.
    Fair enough. I can understand wanting to wait for more evidence as well.

His apparent motive of being upset about declining white demographics was the same as Frazier Glenn Miller, who killed several people at a Jewish community center in Kansas several years ago. (He was an avowed pagan, interestingly.)

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    It's being weaponized. One old acquaintance of mine who has become active in Democratic politics says that he's "noticed" that people who are "pearl clutching" over the Supreme Court justices' houses being protests don't seem to care about this, though it should be obvious that this is a heinous act and to me, that goes without saying.

Though I don't get why some of you are denying that there was a hate element. He made this very obvious with his manifesto and his comments on his Twitch live stream. To say otherwise is just denying reality.
    "Hate" crimes are simply a stupid designation. If someone is murdered because the perpetrator hated the person or hated his ethnicity is irrelevant. He hated, and the victim is dead.

The focus on "hate" crime is part of the Leftist divisions that they wish to sow.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    It's being weaponized. One old acquaintance of mine who has become active in Democratic politics says that he's "noticed" that people who are "pearl clutching" over the Supreme Court justices' houses being protests don't seem to care about this, though it should be obvious that this is a heinous act and to me, that goes without saying.

Though I don't get why some of you are denying that there was a hate element. He made this very obvious with his manifesto and his comments on his Twitch live stream. To say otherwise is just denying reality.
    I guess this was addressed to me, and I admit I didn't phrase correctly what I meant. I didn't mean to say it "might" be accurate that it's a hate crime, I was looking passed specifically what Garland said and projecting forward to when they inevitably dub this as an example of rightwing hate crime or extremism. They're already blaming conservative media, so my projection wasn't farfetched.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

What an ass-hat.

Among other things, Gutfeld is an agnostic-athiest who was raised Roman Catholic.
    I would be surprised if Melissa Francis is Jewish. She seems very WASPy to me.

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    Looks like the left is pulling out all of the stops trying to link this guy to Tucker Carlson on Fox News

b6b31908-de30-49e2-8908-377dd77b2e8e.jpg
    He was Clinton's Press Secretary

In spite of the fact that nowhere in his 180 page manifesto does the shooter ever mention the words "Tucker" or "Carlson" and makes it very clear that he despises Fox News for, among other thing, putting too many Jews on the air.

[CENTER]1513898770938.jpeg
    What an ass-hat.

Among other things, Gutfeld is an agnostic-athiest who was raised Roman Catholic.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied

That part may be accurate, but I guarantee, the inevitable discussions about "rightwing terrorism" that follow won't be.
    The attack dogs are already unleashed. I actually thought they'd strategically wait until Monday morning to pour on their race-baiting smear campaign...

Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’

The suspect in Saturday’s killing of 10 people at a Buffalo supermarket allegedly wrote a document endorsing “great replacement theory,” a once-fringe racist idea that became a popular refrain among media figures such as Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham of Fox News and conservative writer Ann Coulter.

Before the shooting rampage that also left three wounded, the suspect, Payton S. Gendron, 18, allegedly posted a lengthy document invoking the idea that White Americans were at risk of being “replaced” by people of color because of immigration and higher birthrates.

Gendron, who is White, allegedly indicated that he chose a neighborhood with a large number of Black residents for his alleged attack. In the document that Gendron is suspected to have written, he indicated that he was radicalized online. There’s no indication that he watched Carlson’s program.

The theory was once confined to far-right White extremists, who cast immigration as part of a plot by “elites” to take political and economic power away from White people. It has gained broader circulation in recent years as a talking point among prominent conservative media figures.

Carlson, whose weeknight program is typically the most popular on Fox News, has been an especially avid promoter of the thesis. He has mentioned variations on the idea in more than 400 episodes since 2016, according to a New York Times analysis of his program. In April of last year, he said on Fox News that people from the “Third World” are immigrating to the United States “to replace the current electorate” and “dilute the political power of the people who live there” — language that essentially distills the replacement thesis.

He was more explicit in a video posted on Fox News’s YouTube account in September. Carlson said President Biden was encouraging immigration “to change the racial mix of the country, … to reduce the political power of people whose ancestors lived here, and dramatically increase the proportion of Americans newly arrived from the Third World.”

White nationalists and racists have celebrated Carlson’s endorsement of an idea they have championed for years. At the same time, Carlson’s rhetoric prompted the Anti-Defamation League to call for his firing.

The organization noted that racists have spouted the theory in perpetrating violent attacks, such as the killing of 51 people in mosques in New Zealand in 2019, and the killing of 23 mostly Hispanic shoppers in a Walmart in El Paso the same year.

After he was called out for promoting the theory in April 2021, Carlson said on his show: “I mean, everyone wants to make a racial issue out of it. Oh, you know, the white replacement theory? No, no, no. This is a voting right question.”

A Fox News spokesperson on Sunday afternoon pointed to examples of Carlson speaking against violence on his program but had no further comment. Other Fox News hosts besides Carlson have picked up the theme, giving it a veneer of respectability, at least within the conservative media ecosystem.

Ingraham, another prime-time Fox News host, told viewers in 2018 that Democrats “want to replace you, the American voters, with newly amnestied citizens and an ever-increasing number of chain migrants.” During a monologue on her program last year, she called immigration an “insurrection [that] seeks to overthrow everything we love about America by defaming it, silencing it, and even prosecuting it. This is an organized mob funded by billionaires, it’s supported by celebrities.”

Fox host Jeanine Pirro has also echoed the tenets of the “replacement” idea during an appearance on a syndicated radio program in 2019. She said liberals and Democrats were pursuing immigration policies that are “a plot to remake America, to replace American citizens with illegals who will vote for the Democrats.”

The same themes have been echoed for years by such prominent conservative media figures as Coulter, Bill O’Reilly and the late Rush Limbaugh.

O’Reilly, who formerly occupied Carlson’s spot on Fox News, told Fox News’s Sean Hannity on his radio show in 2020 that undocumented immigration would cause “traditional America to vanish.” Limbaugh said in 2018 that immigration from Central America was intended to “dilute and eventually eliminate or erase what is known as the distinct or unique American culture. … This is why people call this an invasion.”

Coulter wrote about the alleged threat to American culture posed by immigrants in a book in 2015 titled “Adios, America: The Left’s Plan to Turn Our Country into a Third World Hellhole.” Charlie Kirk, a conservative pundit who heads Turning Point USA and sometimes appears as a guest on Carlson’s program, defended Carlson’s “replacement” advocacy last year. After playing a clip of Carlson’s comments on Fox News, Kirk commented: “Nothing he said there is controversial. It’s factual and it’s true.” He later added that he was “so proud” of Carlson for promoting the theory.

Last month, Kirk tweeted: “There is an undeniable War on White People in The West.” Matt Walsh, a contributor to the Daily Wire, also tacitly endorsed the idea during a program he hosted last summer.

“So we’re bringing in a flood of immigrants across the southern border, non-White,” Walsh said in the video. “We’re putting policies in place with the express purpose of having fewer White people in universities and positions of power. And we’re celebrating the reduction in the White population. I mean, it sounds like [liberals] want to replace White people. So this is replacement, is it not? And you’re happy about it?”
    Once they're done with conservative media, then they'll probably move on to politics and House representatives.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    I'm not disagreeing that much was left out.

I won't even disagree that it might have been so on purpose.

What I'm saying is that Garland's statement was accurate.
    That part may be accurate, but I guarantee, the inevitable discussions about "rightwing terrorism" that follow won't be.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Sure it was apparently accurate, but seer is also accurate, in the sense they only highlight actions committed by what they can try and blame as rightwing terrorism (even though it's debatable in this case) while they always downplay violent acts committed by the left or just make up fake narratives about rightwing extremism (i.e. Rittenhouse).
    I'm not disagreeing that much was left out.

I won't even disagree that it might have been so on purpose.

What I'm saying is that Garland's statement was accurate.

Leave a comment: