Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Teen Guns Down 13 Blacks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kid was evil and probably nuts. I don't think you can blame anyone for what he did but himself. People like that will glean ideas from many places and create an internal narrative that they use to justify their evil acts. Trying to pass the blame on to others in order to score political points is misguided.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

It is not some much the race but ideology. Our brown brothers tend to be poor and over use social programs, therefore largely vote Democrat. Now if they largely voted Republican I don't think there would be an issue.
      I wouldn't summarize it that way. People coming across the border illegally - of any ethnicity - are skirting the proper processes. That's the first issue. Secondly, without proper vetting, there is a criminal element coming across. Third, many do not have any specialized education, so most will end up low-waged unskilled labor and will need government assistance. There are a lot of problems with the border situation, but none of them really have anything to do with color, IMO.

Biden and Leftists are trying to make illegal immigration about color.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        The argument is essentially that concern over declining rates of white people in the US appears popular on the right. (I don't see how this is particularly consistent with Christianity, but it's a far cry from supporting violence, and they were unable to find anyone who praised the shooter.)

For obvious reasons, they shouldn't want to go down the road of wanting to force everyone to claim any loosely ideological allies. They've already committed themselves in principle to claiming ecoterrorists.
        It's a bit more supported/accepted on the right than the left, but a significant chunk of Democrat voters still support/accept the premise (at least when it's stated and not just called 'replacement theory').

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

It's a bit more supported/accepted on the right than the left, but a significant chunk of Democrat voters still support/accept the premise (at least when it's stated and not just called 'replacement theory').
          Yup.

Just like the left pretends they don't have any racists in their camp, when in truth it's difficult to swing a dead cat and not hit one, they also like to pretend there aren't some folks strongly against immigration who are on the left.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I think people are making too much out of what this kid says. His claims are probably little more than a jumble of what he's heard elsewhere.
            Who else is better able to explain his beliefs and motivations?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...trump-1353509/

Rolling Stone makes the case that this guy was a mainstream Republican.
              The kid who called conservatism 'corporatism in disguise' and who stated he was a strong proponent of communist ideology until the last few years and moved 'right' to become 'mild-moderate authoritarian left' and said he was an 'eco-fascist'..... is a mainstream Republican.......?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Who else is better able to explain his beliefs and motivations?
                If someone was to dissect my thoughts when I was 18, they would get a lot of ignorance and contradiction.

Comment

What has become mainstream right-wing propaganda, kills blacks:

We can begin with “replacement theory,” the idea that there’s a coordinated effort from elite Americans to replace native-born voters with immigrants to gain an electoral advantage. In December, the Associated Press and NORC conducted a national poll evaluating the extent of belief in this idea. Nearly half of Republicans said they at least somewhat agreed this was happening. More than half said they thought immigrants came to the United States to some degree because they wanted to influence our elections.

Where did this idea come from? The idea of a deliberate effort to “replace” native-born voters — read, White voters — with immigrants was long a staple of the racist right-wing fringe. But with Fox News’s Tucker Carlson explicitly elevating the idea in early 2021, it became an acceptable part of Republican rhetoric from rank-and-file House Republicans, members of House Republican leadership and state executives.
                  Republicans are sick - vote Democrat, and stop the killing.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    Were you this upset when an avowed black racist ran down a slew of white people killing six and injuring sixty? Or is your outrage selective?
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      What has become mainstream right-wing propaganda, kills blacks:

My friend, you appear to have read none of the thread to this point.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

The argument is essentially that concern over declining rates of white people in the US appears popular on the right. (I don't see how this is particularly consistent with Christianity, but it's a far cry from supporting violence, and they were unable to find anyone who praised the shooter.)

For obvious reasons, they shouldn't want to go down the road of wanting to force everyone to claim any loosely ideological allies. They've already committed themselves in principle to claiming ecoterrorists.
                        From what I've seen, that belief is but a small minority of the political right. The problem is that that number is overblown because the left classifies (and will do it even more now) anyone against illegal immigration for any reason as part of that fringe class. There are a lot of reasons to object to illegal immigration that have nothing to do with race. It's just like the left accusing (projecting really) anyone on the right as being racist or white supremacists for no reason, when in reality, actual white supremacists like Biden are rare. There's never any nuance or objectivity in their judgement.

Comment

Meanwhile, 33 people were shot over the weekend in Chicago, 5 of them fatally.

33 Shot During Weekend in Mayor Lori Lightfoot's Chicago (breitbart.com)

But of course those are black people shooting each other, so the media and the Democrats don't care.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And this is why conservatives never took this witch seriously. It had nothing, or very little, to do with Trump. Eventually they show their true colors...

GOP leadership has enabled white nationalism, Liz Cheney says

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

It is not some much the race but ideology. Our brown brothers tend to be poor and over use social programs, therefore largely vote Democrat. Now if they largely voted Republican I don't think there would be an issue.
                              Yup! Ship us as many Little Marcos and Lyin' Teds as you can find.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I have noticed in my local media there has been little mention of the white victims.

I also observe the usual suspects who show up after events like this are starting to show in Buffalo.
                                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment