Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Since we are talking about Abortion, lets look "Financial Abortion"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since we are talking about Abortion, lets look "Financial Abortion"

More specifically, let's look at how those who support "Abortion" justify denying Financial Abortion.

Lets see if any of these arguments sound familiar:

Source: https://www.quora.com/How-do-people-...ictory-stances

And what “financial abortion” advocates often miss is that they do have options to prevent creating a baby/child in the first place. They can be selective with their choice of sexual partners, they can have discussions with sexual partner(s) about birth control and safe sex, they can use a condom and a sponge or get a vasectomy if they are so adamant about not having a child. Partner selection, discussion of safe sex/birth control practices, and use of birth control are all things millions of men use, successfully, to avoid having to pay child support.
    Either partner can practice contraception by themselves, regardless of the other person’s actions.

They know, before engaging in sex, that contraception can fail.

Men know that women are the ones whose right to bodily autonomy places them in the position of choosing whether or not to gestate.

Men and women both know that a child cannot raise itself and that raising a child costs money.

There’s simply no justifiable reason to give men the option to become deadbeat dads. It's not as though men are unaware of the consequences of sexual activity.

It’s not as though men are incapable of controlling ourselves.

Financial abortion is just a euphemism for abandonment. It’s a man walking away from his responsibility to his child and his partner and abandoning them financially. This is just an attempt to further solidify the male power structure by absolving them of their legal responsibility and allowing them to financially manipulate and pressure a woman into having an abortion. Men need to accept that there are consequences to their irresponsible actions and not taking control of their reproductive behavior will leave them vulnerable in ways they simply have no control over. They made a bad move and they are now their financial life is at the mercy of someone else’s judgement. Welcome to the real world!
    So-called “financial abortion” is really guys trying to shirk responsibility. Because their control of the pregnancy has a clear stopping point men need to always keep in mind that sometimes the “best laid plans” don't work out.

© Copyright Original Source

Gee, all of those reasons also apply to women for not getting pregnant in the first place. Take birth control or avoid sex. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Gee, all of those reasons also apply to women for not getting pregnant in the first place. Take birth control or avoid sex. Simple.
      It's also reasons they whole-heartedly reject when it comes to applying it to abortion. In fact, it's what others call "punishment for having sex"

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

It's also reasons they whole-heartedly reject when it comes to applying it to abortion. In fact, it's what others call "punishment for having sex"
        The next time one of my friend's kids has a baby I got to remember to be sure and ask them if that was their punishment for having sex.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          The next time one of my friend's kids has a baby I got to remember to be sure and ask them if that was their punishment for having sex.
          Was it Barack Obama who didn't want his daughter to be punished with a baby?
          When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

Was it Barack Obama who didn't want his daughter to be punished with a baby?

Be sure to send condolence cards when he becomes a grandfather.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Certainly exposes the rank hypocrisy of left/pro-abortionists.
              We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

Heh, when I first read the title to this thread, I wondered if it could refer to someone taking money out of my bank account without my permission.

On topic, I think you are being hard on men here. I was always every careful to avoid impregnating anyone, but finances were only one reason. The other was that I didn't want to be stuck with the whole business of raising a child. We're looking at maybe 18 years, and I had other plans for my life. I would not have liked adoption because I would not trust someone else to raise my child, and would be continuously worried about its well being. If I find a lost kitten I have to look after it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alien View Post
                  Heh, when I first read the title to this thread, I wondered if it could refer to someone taking money out of my bank account without my permission.

On topic, I think you are being hard on men here. I was always every careful to avoid impregnating anyone, but finances were only one reason. The other was that I didn't want to be stuck with the whole business of raising a child. We're looking at maybe 18 years, and I had other plans for my life. I would not have liked adoption because I would not trust someone else to raise my child, and would be continuously worried about its well being. If I find a lost kitten I have to look after it.
                  It's not really me being hard on men. Instead, these are common arguments that people who support abortion use when they oppose "financial abortion". And what's funny is how many of those appear to be unironic mirrors of arguments against abortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Alien View Post
                    It's called inflation.

Comment