Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another birthing day rolls around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another birthing day rolls around

I think it was last year that the left informed everyone that saying Mother's Day just wasn't "inclusive" enough by not including men who have given birth (that number would be zero since the very beginning of humanity), causing sane folks to roll their eyes and assume such nonsense would go the way of "Easter worshipers" -- a term for Christians used by the left when they don't want to talk about Islamic extremists target Christians.

But no such luck.

Source: Can We Still Call It Mother’s Day?

Not long ago, Mother’s Day was the quintessential Hallmark holiday, a holiday where children and spouses scrambled to buy flowers, send cards and organize brunch to thank mom for the under-appreciated work she does to raise the next generation.

This Mother’s Day, moms need something more than flowers and brunch: We need people to stand up and defend the very concept of motherhood and what it means to be a woman.

Right now words such as “mother” and “pregnant women” are being scrubbed from public discourse by woke activists who insist that common sex-based terms are not inclusive. And indeed, the term mother does invoke a distinctly feminine image, drawing upon women’s role not only in nurturing children, but in actually gestating and bringing them into this world.

Of course, millions of women are mothers who have never given birth themselves, but who embraced the sacrificial nurturing love and labor associated with mothering.

The President’s Fiscal Year 2022 Budget removed the word “mother” from the section related to spending on maternal health, referring instead to “birthing people.”

Women are being referred to as “bleeders” and “chestfeeders.” Even the sterile medical term “vaginal birth” is being replaced by “frontal birth,” in the name of inclusivity. Yet none of those terms feel inclusive — they feel demeaning.

Erasing the concept of womanhood from our vocabulary isn’t just a sign of a continuously evolving culture. Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson’s unwillingness to define the term “woman” at her Supreme Court confirmation hearing may have seemed like a joke or an artful political dodge.

But it is, in fact, an existential crisis. If society can no longer agree on the meaning of the term “woman,” then how can we defend women’s rights?

This is not a hypothetical situation, but a reality women are living with today: The Violence Against Women Act now requires that domestic violence shelters, which are supposed to be places of security and protection for women who have suffered traumatic abuse, overwhelming at the hands of men, admit biological men who identify as women.

In California and elsewhere, prisons are transferring intact, biological males who identify as female to women’s prisons. Some of of these transfers are convicted sex offenders who have threatened and raped female inmates.

Today, female athletes are not only required to compete against biological males, but also to share locker rooms with them. Americans saw this most recently at NCAA swimming championships, where a clearly physically-advantaged biological male stole opportunities to compete, titles and records from deserving female athletes.

But this isn’t just happening in swimming: across sport and across the country, biological males are entering athletic competitions meant for women and girls. Female athletes around the country are now left wondering why they should bother, when any biological male may decide to enter their arena, smash their records, steal their scholarships and turn their competitions into theater.

We mothers don’t need a bouquet of flowers or a card, nice as those can be.

We need to ensure that women still have legal rights, including the freedom to associate in single-sex spaces.

We want this for ourselves and we most fervently want this for our daughters.

We need a Women’s Bill of Rights that affirms that the terms “woman” and “female,” like motherhood, are rooted in biology and cannot be appropriated or erased.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

This is all part of the left's very real war on women while pretending to be their defenders.

In any case, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mothers out there!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I think it was last year that the left informed everyone that saying Mother's Day just wasn't "inclusive" enough by not including [trans] men who have given birth
    Fixed it for ya.

And birthing persons was never about Mother’s Day.

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
      When you no longer call a mother a mother but a "birthing person" or the like, and when one of the squad, Rep. Cori Bush (D-Mo.), repeatedly used the term leading up to Mother's Day last year wrt various things associated with mothers, you also bring it into Mother's Day no matter how desperately you want to pretend otherwise.

And then

1.jpg

b4f74b09-0434-42c2-b9c1-4aa87c90f714.jpg
      Yup. Just something I made up

Fail better next time.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When you no longer call a mother a mother but a "birthing person" or the like, and when one of the squad, Rep. Cori Bush (D-Mo.), repeatedly used the term leading up to Mother's Day last year wrt various things associated with mothers, you also bring it into Mother's Day no matter how desperately you want to pretend otherwise.

And then

1.jpg

b4f74b09-0434-42c2-b9c1-4aa87c90f714.jpg
        Yup. Just something I made up

Fail better next time.
        And to drive the final nail into Juvie's claim:
        happy-birthing-person-300x176.jpg

images.jpg8544f165-baaa-4ca7-9375-abdc48513e7d.jpgac533887-ec4f-4941-a0e0-def77bf8ff7f.jpg
        So much for never being about Mother's Day

0b5.gif
        Figured you might at least appreciate my choice here

Comment

And to drive the final nail into Juvie's claim:
          happy-birthing-person-300x176.jpg

images.jpg8544f165-baaa-4ca7-9375-abdc48513e7d.jpgac533887-ec4f-4941-a0e0-def77bf8ff7f.jpg
          So much for never being about Mother's Day

0b5.gif
          Figured you might at least appreciate my choice here

He linked to a "fact checker" that actually proved your point. Yes Dems are changing the term Mothers to "birthing people" to be more inclusive, but they didn't actually SAY they're replacing "birthing people" with Mother's Day.
          Last edited by seanD; 05-08-2022, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Sorry, but no. Only two politicians actually went on about it last year (both Squad members), and not specifically in the context of renaming Mother's Day. I'm sure you can find a few people on Twitter that did, but you can find people on Twitter who say anything If you have to resort to quoting anonymous people on the Internet's equivalent of comment section, you don't have much of a case.
            Last edited by KingsGambit; 05-08-2022, 03:52 PM.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I think it was last year that the left informed everyone that saying Mother's Day just wasn't "inclusive" enough by not including men who have given birth (that number would be zero since the very beginning of humanity), causing sane folks to roll their eyes and assume such nonsense would go the way of "Easter worshipers" -- a term for Christians used by the left when they don't want to talk about Islamic extremists target Christians.

But no such luck.

Source: Can We Still Call It Mother’s Day?

Not long ago, Mother’s Day was the quintessential Hallmark holiday, a holiday where children and spouses scrambled to buy flowers, send cards and organize brunch to thank mom for the under-appreciated work she does to raise the next generation.

This Mother’s Day, moms need something more than flowers and brunch: We need people to stand up and defend the very concept of motherhood and what it means to be a woman.

Right now words such as “mother” and “pregnant women” are being scrubbed from public discourse by woke activists who insist that common sex-based terms are not inclusive. And indeed, the term mother does invoke a distinctly feminine image, drawing upon women’s role not only in nurturing children, but in actually gestating and bringing them into this world.

Of course, millions of women are mothers who have never given birth themselves, but who embraced the sacrificial nurturing love and labor associated with mothering.

The President’s Fiscal Year 2022 Budget removed the word “mother” from the section related to spending on maternal health, referring instead to “birthing people.”

Women are being referred to as “bleeders” and “chestfeeders.” Even the sterile medical term “vaginal birth” is being replaced by “frontal birth,” in the name of inclusivity. Yet none of those terms feel inclusive — they feel demeaning.

Erasing the concept of womanhood from our vocabulary isn’t just a sign of a continuously evolving culture. Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson’s unwillingness to define the term “woman” at her Supreme Court confirmation hearing may have seemed like a joke or an artful political dodge.

But it is, in fact, an existential crisis. If society can no longer agree on the meaning of the term “woman,” then how can we defend women’s rights?

This is not a hypothetical situation, but a reality women are living with today: The Violence Against Women Act now requires that domestic violence shelters, which are supposed to be places of security and protection for women who have suffered traumatic abuse, overwhelming at the hands of men, admit biological men who identify as women.

In California and elsewhere, prisons are transferring intact, biological males who identify as female to women’s prisons. Some of of these transfers are convicted sex offenders who have threatened and raped female inmates.

Today, female athletes are not only required to compete against biological males, but also to share locker rooms with them. Americans saw this most recently at NCAA swimming championships, where a clearly physically-advantaged biological male stole opportunities to compete, titles and records from deserving female athletes.

But this isn’t just happening in swimming: across sport and across the country, biological males are entering athletic competitions meant for women and girls. Female athletes around the country are now left wondering why they should bother, when any biological male may decide to enter their arena, smash their records, steal their scholarships and turn their competitions into theater.

We mothers don’t need a bouquet of flowers or a card, nice as those can be.

We need to ensure that women still have legal rights, including the freedom to associate in single-sex spaces.

We want this for ourselves and we most fervently want this for our daughters.

We need a Women’s Bill of Rights that affirms that the terms “woman” and “female,” like motherhood, are rooted in biology and cannot be appropriated or erased.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

This is all part of the left's very real war on women while pretending to be their defenders.

In any case, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mothers out there!
              And a wonderful Birthing Bodies day to you.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Sorry, but no. Only two politicians actually went on about it last year (both Squad members), and not specifically in the context of renaming Mother's Day. I'm sure you can find a few people on Twitter that did, but you can find people on Twitter who say anything If you have to resort to quoting anonymous people on the Internet's equivalent of comment section, you don't have much of a case.
                Woke cult lunacy is not static. It's ever evolving and progressing.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Woke cult lunacy is not static. It's ever evolving and progressing.
                  When push comes to shove, I don't think most of the left truly believes what they say about transgenderism. They've given up the game in the last few days. All the pronouncements are about how the pro-life movement is bad for women, not birthing people. If this really was getting significant traction, that wouldn't be the case.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

When push comes to shove, I don't think most of the left truly believes what they say about transgenderism. They've given up the game in the last few days. All the pronouncements are about how the pro-life movement is bad for women, not birthing people. If this really was getting significant traction, that wouldn't be the case.
                    Why would you expect ideological lunacy to have any sort of principle or consistency?

And btw, KG, when are going to stop pretending that you're conservative?

Comment

Sorry, but did you miss the part about it going federal

Not saying that it is widely accepted now, but we're looking at a whole bunch of things that only 15 years ago nobody seriously thought would ever be a reality, and with old Joe bringing this into the government that way helps to provide a veneer of legitimately to push it forward.

Last year I wasn't sure if the cards were a joke but you can even find them for sale on several retail sites.

Comment

Why would you expect ideological lunacy to have any sort of principle or consistency?

And btw, KG, when are going to stop pretending that you're conservative?
                        If your litmus test for allegiance to anything is putting up with even nonsense claims like this OP, then it's nothing worth belonging to.

I don't particularly claim to be conservative. You've repeatedly called me a liberal on here which isn't true either. I don't see a need to seek labels.

Comment

Sorry, but did you miss the part about it going federal

Not saying that it is widely accepted now, but we're looking at a whole bunch of things that only 15 years ago nobody seriously thought would ever be a reality, and with old Joe bringing this into the government that way helps to provide a veneer of legitimately to push it forward.

Last year I wasn't sure if the cards were a joke but you can even find them for sale on several retail sites.
                          Yes, but this was still not in the context of Mother's Day. The whole point of this OP was about an alleged push to rename the holiday, which as far as I can tell does not exist on any meaningful level.

Comment

If your litmus test for allegiance to anything is putting up with even nonsense claims like this OP, then it's nothing worth belonging to.

I don't particularly claim to be conservative. You've repeatedly called me a liberal on here which isn't true either. I don't see a need to seek labels.
                            Politics aside, as a Christian, you should be just as disturbed as we are about this evil and how it's rapidly evolving and progressing and infesting our society and culture, not constantly running to its defense.

Comment

Politics aside, as a Christian, you should be just as disturbed as we are about this evil and how it's rapidly evolving and progressing and infesting our society and culture, not constantly running to its defense.
                              Is your reading comprehension that poor? Point to me where I defended any of this. You can't, because I never did. Pointing out illogical arguments does not equate to the defense of a position. Pointing out that Ray Comfort's banana argument is a poor apologetic would be defending atheism, per your logic.

The Christian cultural witness is damaged when Christians make poor or false arguments for it, which is where critique comes in.

Comment