Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I expect pro abortion protests will quickly die out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

And glossing over the fact that the shortage and "starving of babies" is Biden and the Democrats doing in the first place? Along with other supply chain problems, inflation, high gas prices and now fuel shortages?

The democrats cause a problem, then come up with a solution that isn't a solution and point fingers at anyone that doesn't go along with their idiocy.
    The company involved is also culpable. It's just that the government knew about this since last Fall and typically ignored it rather than making plans to deal with it and appear to be dragging their heels reinspecting things. Their fumbling exacerbated the situation greatly.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I was actually talking to a person making similar arguments to what KG brought up. They also think that having our society be more "sexually free" will make our society less violent. She also seems to have a negative view of men* when she brought up a male birth control pill, saying it had the same symptoms that the female version has, but because guys are just unwilling to put up with those symptoms it didn't get approved. I looked that up, because if true it is stupid, but it had a side effect she didn't mention an increased risk of suicide. That one is not on the list for the female version even as a rare side effect.

Another place, not run by bots, is telling people that once Roe v Wade is repealed the 14th amendment is next. After that due process and the right to privacy in their entirety will be the next target.

*She did make one good point that guys should be responsible too. She doesn't seem to see that abortion laws actually incentivize guys to not be responsible.
      Many on the left appear to be engaged in a competition to see who can concoct the most outlandish dire consequences.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Many on the left appear to be engaged in a competition to see who can concoct the most outlandish dire consequences.
        The place I mention is apparently quite talented at that. I think they should stick to their usual stuff of making lyrics to fit video game music. They put a lot of thought and effort into those videos, but apparently not this topic.

Comment

The company involved is also culpable. It's just that the government knew about this since last Fall and typically ignored it rather than making plans to deal with it and appear to be dragging their heels reinspecting things. Their fumbling exacerbated the situation greatly.
          The Biden administration is the most incompetent bunch of boobs ever to run the country. They can't do anything right. I can't even blame Biden since he seems to just be a puppet and not a leader. They are like the Anti-Midas. Everything they touch turns to crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The Biden administration is the most incompetent bunch of boobs ever to run the country. They can't do anything right. I can't even blame Biden since he seems to just be a puppet and not a leader. They are like the Anti-Midas. Everything they touch turns to crap.
            As this Administration lurches from crisis to crisis, many of which are of their own crafting, one cannot be blamed for wondering if it is incompetence or by design.

The latter seems to be the case wrt to old Joe's energy policies.

Comment

As this Administration lurches from crisis to crisis, many of which are of their own crafting, one cannot be blamed for wondering if it is incompetence or by design.

Ran across this only 15 minutes or so later

Source: A Cabinency of Dunces

As the nation sinks inexplicably into self-created crisis after crisis, debate rages whether President Joe Biden is incompetent, mean-spirited, or an ideologue who feels the country's mess is his success.

A second national discussion revolves around who actually is overseeing the current national catastrophe, given Biden's frequent bewilderment and cognitive challenges.

But one area of agreement is the sheer craziness of Biden's cabinet appointments, who have translated his incoherent ideology into catastrophic governance.

Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas has essentially nullified federal immigration law. Over 2 million foreign nationals have illegally crossed the southern border without audit -- and without COVID vaccinations and tests during a pandemic.

Mayorkas either cannot or will not follow federal law.

But he did create a new Disinformation Governance Board. To head his new Orwellian Ministry of Truth, he appointed Nina Jankowicz -- an arch disinformationist who helped peddle the Russian collusion, Steele dossier, and Alfa Bank hoaxes.

While Jankowicz's adolescent videos and past tweets finally forced her resignation, Mayorkas promises his board will carry on.

In the days before the recent Virginia election, grassroots parent groups challenged critical race theory taught in the schools.

In reaction and under prompts from teachers' unions, Attorney General Merrick Garland directed both the FBI and the Justice Department to establish a special task force apparently to "investigate threats" from parents against school board members.

The FBI recently has been knee-deep in political controversies. It illegally doctored a FISA application to entrap an American citizen. Its former directors, under oath before Congress, either claimed faulty memory or admitted lying to federal investigators.

The last thing a scandal-plagued FBI needed was to go undercover at school board meetings to investigate parents worried over their children's education.

We are in a fuel price spiral that is destroying the middle class.

Yet when Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm was asked about plans to lower gas prices, she laughed off the idea as "hilarious."

Later Granholm preposterously claimed, "It is not the administration policies that have affected supply and demand."

Apparently haranguing those who finance fossil fuel production, canceling the Keystone Pipeline, suspending new federal oil and gas leases, and stopping production in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge all had nothing to do with high fuel prices.

Currently, supply chain disruptions are paralyzing the U.S. economy.

The huge Port of Los Angeles has been a mess for over a year. Since last fall dozens of cargo ships have been backed up to the horizon. Thousands of trucks are bottlenecked at the port.

During the mess, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg was not at work. Instead at the height of the crisis, he took a two-month paternity leave to help out his husband and two newborn babies.

Such paternal concern is a noble thing. But Buttigieg is supposed to ensure that life-or-death supplies reach millions of strapped Americans.

This winter, trains entering and leaving Los Angeles were routinely looted in the Old-West style of train robbing -- without much of a response from Buttigieg's transportation bureau.

In Senate testimony Secretary of the Interior Secretary Deb Haaland refused to explain why her department is slow walking federal oil and gas leases at a time when Americans are paying between $5 and $6 a gallon for gas.

Haaland was unable to provide simple answers about when new leases will result in more supplies of oil and gas. Her panicked aides slid talking points to her -- given that in deer-in-the-headlights fashion, she seemed incapable of providing senators with basic information about U.S. energy production on federal lands.

The United States is sending many billions of dollars worth of sophisticated weapons to Ukraine to combat Russian aggression. We rightly claim it is not a proxy war against Russia but instead an effort to help stop a brutal Russian invasion.

Why then did Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin tell the world the very opposite in a fashion that could only convince Russians that our real aim in Ukraine is to destroy Russia as a superpower?

As Austin put it publicly, "We want to see Russia weakened to the degree that it can't do the kinds of things that it has done in invading Ukraine."

Even if that description of the agenda is true, why broadcast it -- given Russia has over 6,000 nuclear weapons and its President Vladimir Putin is increasingly erratic and paranoid?

The common denominator to these Biden appointees is ideological rigidity, nonchalance, and sheer incompetence.

They seem indifferent to the current border, inflation, energy, and crime disasters. When confronted, they are unable to answer simple questions from Congress, or they mock anyone asking for answers on behalf of the strapped American people.

We don't know why or how such an unimpressive cadre ended up running the government, only that they are here and the American people are suffering from their presence.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The "professionals" that the MSM was celebrating were back in charge again.

Comment

If it is by design, it is by stupid design, because they are losing their own voter base with this nonsense.

Comment

I've heard similar stuff. Like "Republicans are just trying to repeal Roe v Wade so they can oppress women, and are planning to throw them in jail for getting abortions", and "If Roe v Wade is repealed the next target will be the 14th Amendment". Not an ounce of evidence was given for either of these, but people are buying into it extremely easily.
                  The former isn't illogical if one believes abortion is murder (well, the jail part, not the oppression part), though virtually all the major pro-life organizations argue against it (on the basis that people are coerced into abortion, but I think it's fairly obviously for PR purposes and not to scare people away from pro-lifers).

The 14th Amendment thing is stupid.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

The former isn't illogical if one believes abortion is murder (well, the jail part, not the oppression part), though virtually all the major pro-life organizations argue against it (on the basis that people are coerced into abortion, but I think it's fairly obviously for PR purposes and not to scare people away from pro-lifers).

The 14th Amendment thing is stupid.
                    Yeah, the jail part isn't entirely illogical under that premise, but even before Roe v Wade women who pursued an abortion were often considered victims. That isn't as much the case today where you can find women who are proud of having their children killed by abortion. I still think a lot of women having abortions today are being manipulated and misinformed on the issue. The people providing abortions are often the ones manipulating them. Despite all of that most conservatives I have talked to don't think the women should be jailed for trying to get an abortion.

Comment

• Looks like a group of professional "protestors", ShutDownDC is planning to block access to the Supreme Court on June 13 as they continue illegally protesting at the homes of the judges in violation of federal laws against intimidating court officials (old Joe's AG refuses to act).

I saw some maps of where they plan to block off roads, but this part on their website was particularly interesting

That sure sounds like language supporting insurrection.

Comment

Looks like a group of professional "protestors", ShutDownDC is planning to block access to the Supreme Court on June 13 as they continue illegally protesting at the homes of the judges in violation of federal laws against intimidating court officials (old Joe's AG refuses to act).

I saw some maps of where they plan to block off roads, but this part on their website was particularly interesting

That sure sounds like language supporting insurrection.
                        Marxism 101.

Comment

Yeah, the jail part isn't entirely illogical under that premise, but even before Roe v Wade women who pursued an abortion were often considered victims. That isn't as much the case today where you can find women who are proud of having their children killed by abortion. I still think a lot of women having abortions today are being manipulated and misinformed on the issue. The people providing abortions are often the ones manipulating them. Despite all of that most conservatives I have talked to don't think the women should be jailed for trying to get an abortion.
                          And for pragmatic reasons, I'm fine with not pushing it as it would really hurt the pro-life movement to be on record for that. For similar reasons, I'd accept legislation that made exceptions for rape and incest if that's the only way it can get passed.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

IIRC, Trump once floated the idea of supporting criminal penalties for women seeking abortions and it was roundly shouted down by conservatives.

Comment

She can if she has a medical license and does abortions.
                              Ok, you got me there. Are there any similar exemptions for eagles, e.g. vets or game wardens? If there are, your objection (which isn't worth much anyway) vanishes.
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                Ok, you got me there. Are there any similar exemptions for eagles, e.g. vets or game wardens? If there are, your objection (which isn't worth much anyway) vanishes.
                                Tbh, your whole argument here isn't worth much to begin with.

Comment