Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I'm The Most Extreme!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've restored the first half of Biden's sentence:
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    For old Joe the issue is two-fold; that "If we cannot make significant progress on racial equity this country is doomed. It is doomed, not just because of African Americans"(i.e., the country is in trouble and blacks are partly too blame),
    Biden is clearly putting the blame not on African Americans, but on those not progressing on racial equity. Your sentence fragmenting is a quote-mine worthy of Kent Hovind.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Everyone can see for themselves that Joe Biden is morphing into Grandpa Simpson before our very eyes

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
        I've restored the first half of Biden's sentence:
        Biden is clearly putting the blame not on African Americans, but on those not progressing on racial equity. Your sentence fragmenting is a quote-mine worthy of Kent Hovind.
        He is saying that there is a problem with race and it is dooming the country -- but "It is doomed, not just because of African Americans."

Your interpretation would be valid only if that last part gets excluded.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I'm wondering if Biden's case isn't something more closely related to Frontotemporal dementia (the disease that claimed comedian Terry Jones). The primary symptoms Jones was displaying was a combination of memory problems and speech problems.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354737
          Who knows? He may not even have actual dementia but just be suffering from "old age" - you know like when your grandpa gets a bit forgetful and frail. He's still there most of the time but is a bit absentminded. But you wouldn't want your grandpa as POTUS. So even if it is just normal old age, it is affecting his ability to be an effective president and to communicate effectively. He has no business being POTUS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
            It seemed coherent to me. Nothing compared to some of Trump's amazing word salads.

And for bonus points, unlike Trump, Biden managed to get through it without feeling the need to claim to be looking very strongly at elements of bathrooms, nor managed to claim that windmills cause cancer, nor suggested the use of bleach or HCQ or Ivermectin or any other quack remedy for covid.

Sure, being an order of magnitude more coherent than Trump and not peddling total nonsense is a low low bar for Biden to clear. And Biden can often be a bit of an old grandpa at times. Certainly some signs of mental deterioration compared to his younger days.
            Oh yeah I remember you and the other libs all claiming Trump had dementia because of his "stream of consciousness" way of speaking, rambling on and on. But Noooooooo, you think Biden is completely cogent and intelligible when he can't even finish a sentence or changes topics in mid sentence. Double standard much?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Who knows? He may not even have actual dementia but just be suffering from "old age" - you know like when your grandpa gets a bit forgetful and frail. He's still there most of the time but is a bit absentminded. But you wouldn't want your grandpa as POTUS. So even if it is just normal old age, it is affecting his ability to be an effective president and to communicate effectively. He has no business being POTUS.
              My grandparents, and indeed the two of my great grandparents that I knew, all of whom lived into their 90s, did not exhibit the kind of confusion, forgetfullness, incoherence, and meandering off topic even when asked a simple question that we see from Joe. It's painfully clear that he's not all there most of the time.

For that matter, even my own parents who are close to Joe's age show none of the lack of mental acuity we see from the White House occupant. Heck, my dad is still fully employeed as a software engineer!
              Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-12-2022, 11:01 AM.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Biden calls Trump the great MAGA king. TDS at its finest...

article-627c738b79451-366297378.jpg
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

My grandparents, and indeed the two of my great grandparents that I knew, all of whom lived into their 90s, did not exhibit the kind of confusion, forgetfullness, incoherence, and meandering off topic even when asked a simple question that we see from Joe. It's painfully clear that he's not all there most of the time.

For that matter, even my own parents who are close to Joe's age show none of the lack of mental acuity we see from the White House occupant. Heck, my dad is still fully employeed as a software engineer!
                  Joe had two brain aneurysms back in '88. They required surgical repair.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Biden calls Trump the great MAGA king. TDS at its finest...

article-627c738b79451-366297378.jpg
                    MAGA Troll King.

So much better even than a wizard king. latest?cb=20191224074652.png
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

MAGA Troll King.
                      They just keep bringing attention to Trump and his voters - they just can't help themselves.

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Virtually everyone over a certain age has had a relative who in their dotage would occasionally become confused and forgetful of simple things. While they can still largely function without assistance you definitely don't want them in charge of the nuclear codes.

Comment

Yet except for continuing on as a human gaffe machine (how Biden even described himself at least once), there was no evidence that they had an effect on him cognitively speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

They just keep bringing attention to Trump and his voters - they just can't help themselves.
                            He is still living rent free in their heads.

Comment

• Did Trump Just Release His First Campaign Ad for 2024?

https://rumble.com/v14c14c-did-trump...CMTtunyNz6vA_k

Comment

While i have also seen that reported it might be nice to give those factually impaired your cite for this information.

Comment