Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I'm The Most Extreme!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    There are a lot of jokes about Biden and ice cream cones and it becoming a symbol for his dementia, but not in the way Juvie implies. More of, give him a cone to shut him up (or to reward him for not making headlines with one of his off-the-cuff remarks), and the fact that various groups recommend giving dementia patients ice cream over psychoactive drugs.
    But what person thought ice cream was "evidence" of his dementia? I've heard folks make fun of him, but not say it's evidence of anything. Maybe that';s what MSM brings up about it. Fact checkers have a tendency to create strawman and make it seem like it's a broad conservative argument.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

But what person thought ice cream was "evidence" of his dementia? I've heard folks make fun of him, but not say it's evidence of anything. .
      Ditto.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        It's interesting how you guys spin something that makes Dem politicians relatable to the average person, e.g. liking ice cream, into some sort of reason to distrust them.
        That was some pretty fancy spinning you had going on there yourself.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But what person thought ice cream was "evidence" of his dementia? I've heard folks make fun of him, but not say it's evidence of anything. Maybe that';s what MSM brings up about it. Fact checkers have a tendency to create strawman and make it seem like it's a broad conservative argument.
          That is where juvie ran off the tracks with his complaint. As you said, nobody has ever said that.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The only way one could connect Biden's ice cream obsession with dementia might be with evidence that it began only in recent years. For all I know, he's been a fan of ice cream all through his life.

https://www.alz.org/media/cacentral/...-ice-cream.pdf

But it does make for some good jokes. I mean, holy cow, there are a billion photos of him gnawing on them.

Comment

At best people thought that the ice-cream was another symptom of his dementia. But we think he has dementia for a LOT of reasons and ice-cream isn't a major one. He forgets what he is saying or can't recall words, tells wacky stories that are obviously false but seems to believe them (confabulation), slurs his words, wanders around like he is lost, seems to be controlled by his staff (they won't let me answer questions), has cheat sheets with talking points spelled out for him, seems to have a "dead look" in his eyes like he isn't there or is lost. Says one thing and then a minute later says the opposite, then acts like he didn't and gets mad if someone questions him about it. His staff and Psaki are constantly having to fix what he said and make up excuses for his flubs. Walks like a zombie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                At best people thought that the ice-cream was another symptom of his dementia. But we think he has dementia for a LOT of reasons and ice-cream isn't a major one. He forgets what he is saying or can't recall words, tells wacky stories that are obviously false but seems to believe them (confabulation), slurs his words, wanders around like he is lost, seems to be controlled by his staff (they won't let me answer questions), has cheat sheets with talking points spelled out for him, seems to have a "dead look" in his eyes like he isn't there or is lost. Says one thing and then a minute later says the opposite, then acts like he didn't and gets mad if someone questions him about it. His staff and Psaki are constantly having to fix what he said and make up excuses for his flubs. Walks like a zombie.
                While Joe has always had a very slight stutter (go back and look at him speaking from 2008 or while he was still VP -- it is barely perceptible) that excuse for all his mumbling, muttering and forgetting and misspeaking does not fly and is an insult to other people who stutter.

It is things like his wandering off in a daze during the (was it the G7 meeting) forcing "Dr." Jill to chase after him and herd him back, that exhibit his decreasing cognitive abilities.

Or this:
                Just cut to the one minute mark where Joe gets to the walkway/sidewalk that leads up to a door at either the White House or Camp David.

As the Secret Service agent walks over in front of him and specifically points out to old Joe where he needs to turn, as if it wasn't freaking obvious, and then turns around to go back to his position.

As the duffer just keeps wandering straight ahead apparently following the agent ignoring where the sidewalk turned and he was supposed to go.

As the Secret Service agent following behind old Joe stops where they were supposed to turn and begins to look around like what am I supposed to do now?

Fortunately old Joe's path eventually lead him the long way around to the door, where apparently the person holding the door for him left[1] because the door was closing in his face.

Only old Joe can get lost on a sidewalk.

And this, where he thinks that "Let's Go Brandon" is a compliment so he turns on a recording of one of the various hit songs made with that title and grins like a fool as he tries to "get down" with the music.

That wasn't a one-time thing either. Remember back just before Christmas when he and "Dr." Jill were on the phone with an Oregon father who concluded the call by saying "Let's go Brandon" and old Joe chuckles and replies "Let's go Brandon, I agree."

1. I wonder if a "Coot Flew the Coop" alert was being issued over the Secret Service's radios causing folks to assume new positions

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                  dude, you quoted me (and several other people), and I responded. The hell is wrong with you?

Literally 3 of the 4 people you just group quoted are people who you group quoted in that prior post and those are the responses to your group quote. How in the blue blazes is that "piling on"???

Buster Keaton was a comic genius. Stealing his lines isn’t so much funny as funny looking.

The echo chamber around here has made statements suggesting nobody challenges the echoes because deep down in their hearts, folks believe their crazy is true. People have their own reasons for ignoring you, but for the most part, for me anyway, it’s the lack of quality in the arguments. These aren’t ideas that could survive outside the echo chamber itself. And then it’s the need to grind out the same answer in novel ways under the pretense y’all have your own individual opinions. I responded to three, which became four, and is now five, or six if we count the hangers-on.

That's nice for you. Now address my actual post or run along, Mr Victim Complex.
                  You mean address it again, as if your lack of comprehension the first time should be accommodated because it comes with spittle this time and a curled up lip saving up more. Y’all got anger issues, and retrieving spit out dummies doesn’t match my plans on how to spend Friday this week. 1901 isn’t going to become recent history no matter how hard you punch your chubby fists on the table. And if you’ve got some reason for thinking the American Nazi Party has been anything more than a spent force since karma caught up with Rockwell, it’s anything but self-evident. I’m not going to fill in your blanks.

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Deep down, honestly, you don't believe Biden is showing signs of dementia?

As of a month ago, he was still handling his own press conferences, extemporaneously answering multiple-part questions with coherence and familiarity that could only come from being engaged in his briefings. What I actually think is that his political opponents have become so inured to personal attacks in lieu of substantive or principled objections, that when faced with a genuinely decent human being, they’ve no recourse except erasure.

I've seen the articles and dissected the elections cycle after cycle when I believe carpe once brought it up. The evidence does not match the claims.
                  The evidence shows that up through the Civil Rights era, the South was majority Democrat. Today it’s majority Republican, and the Republican Party, once known as the Party of Lincoln, has since been known as the party of the successful Southern Strategy. It doesn’t take a mathematician to determine that when the aggregate doesn’t agree with your data, your data is cherry picked and misleading.

Aside from having different ideas of what constitutes "meaningful," your transparent attempt to move the goal posts could have been more subtle even if you didn't try. Old Joe wasn't just talking about presidential elections when he said it was the "worst attack on America" or when he claimed that J6 was the "worst attack on our democracy since the Civil War."
                  From the Eastman memo to the Raffensberger call to the J6 mob itself, there’s no remaining room for doubt that J6 was an actual attempt to suborn the most consequential democratic election in the US. The fact is that you’ve implicated yourself as a supporter of the stolen election trope. The fact is that when faced with evidence against your position, rather than modifying your position, you oppose fact-checking itself.

You’re a partisan hack.
                  could have been more subtle even if you didn't try

And worse in my book, an incoherent hack.

Finally, eating ice cream is not a sign of dementia.
                  Full stop.

Nobody says that. Instead,
                  When you elevate its use with dementia patients, you’re using it as a sign of dementia, all protests to the contrary notwithstanding.

… not including unarmed women crawling through a broken window with several cops on scene being shot by a nervous cop
                  Honestly, that was unprofessional. He should have double-tapped to be sure of taking out his target.

That door was the last physical barrier between the rioters and members of Congress. That window was broken by rioters pounding on it in the interstices between a trio of police offficers holding the through sheer courage and grit, like Horatio at the bridge.
                  I, with two more to help me, will hold the foe in play.
                  In yon strait path, a thousand may well be stopped by three:
                  Now, who will stand on either hand and keep the bridge with me?'
                  Then out spake Spurius Lartius; a Ramnian proud was he:
                  "Lo, I will stand at thy right hand and keep the bridge with thee."
                  And out spake strong Herminius; of Titian blood was he:
                  "I will abide on thy left side, and keep the bridge with thee."
                  "Horatius," quoth the Consul, "as thou sayest, so let it be."

And you’re siding with the mob storming the gates.

Learn to post already. I’m not going to play copy/paste games to make up for your neglect. Nested quotes don’t get duplicated. Use indents or boxes.

But I will respond to the AOC charge, pointing out that a choice between some random twit’s characterization of the mob outside Pelosi’s office and Pelosi’s characterization, Pelosi’s carries greater weight.
                  Pelosi said she welcomed the protest and called on the police “to allow them to continue to organize and participate in our democracy.”

Comment

What about the latest Easter event where Jill could be heard loudly giving Joe stage direction like, "You need to wave," or when she barked, "Stay here!" as he started to rise from his seat. The latter drew chuckles from the audience which prompted Joe to sheepishly reply, "She told me to stay," and then Jill added to the humliation saying, "It's okay, I'm a school teacher!" I guess all those years of encouring children to stay on task is useful experience for dealing with her addled husband?
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

As of a month ago, he was still handling his own press conferences, extemporaneously answering multiple-part questions with coherence and familiarity that could only come from being engaged in his briefings. What I actually think is that his political opponents have become so inured to personal attacks in lieu of substantive or principled objections, that when faced with a genuinely decent human being, they’ve no recourse except erasure.
                      Nobody is saying he has declined to the point where he no longer recognized people.

I had an uncle with Alzheimer's. For quite awhile he was mostly fine except for the occasional episode. Even getting toward the end, when he was on his meds, he could still hold completely lucid conversations on relatively complex matter without rehearsing it or cheat sheets, but then he would start confusing names and other signs.

So if you are waiting until the point where he keeps asking where Beau is and asks "Dr." Jill who she is, before finally acknowledging his obvious decline, then you are just living in denial. Plain and simple.

The evidence shows that up through the Civil Rights era, the South was majority Democrat. Today it’s majority Republican, and the Republican Party, once known as the Party of Lincoln, has since been known as the party of the successful Southern Strategy. It doesn’t take a mathematician to determine that when the aggregate doesn’t agree with your data, your data is cherry picked and misleading.
                      Massive goal post moving identified.

Comment

He has his good days, but he also has many more bad days where he seems to not even know what is being asked. For instance, when asked recently about Title 42, he started babbling on about the importance of wearing masks to stop the China flu, which of course has nothing at all to do with Title 42 which is immigration policy, or just a few days ago when he claimed that there has never been a senator from Delaware. And then there are the many, many times he has referred to Vice Presient Kamala Harris as "President Harris".

There are, of course, many more examples, and the weight of evidence does not seem to suggest a man who is at the top of his mental game.
                        Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-06-2022, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          What about the latest Easter event where Jill could be heard loudly giving Joe stage direction like, "You need to wave," or when she barked, "Stay here!" as he started to rise from his seat. The latter drew chuckles from the audience which prompted Joe to sheepishly reply, "She told me to stay," and then Jill added to the humliation saying, "It's okay, I'm a school teacher!" I guess all those years of encouring children to stay on task is useful experience for dealing with her addled husband?
                          After watching the video, I still don't think it was Jill who ordered him to wave since her lips never move. So unless she's taken up ventriloquism (and W is a real hard sound to do without moving the lips), it was likely his keeper in the Easter Bunny costume issuing the instructions. The same one who ran up in between old Joe and the reporter he was talking to waving her arms to get him to shut up and leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

He has his good days, but he also has many more bad days where he seems to not even know what is being asked. For instance, when asked recently about Title 42, he started babbling on about the importance of wearing masks to stop the China flu, which of course has nothing at all to do with Title 42 which is immigration policy, or just a few days ago when he proudly announced that he is the first senator from Delaware. And then there are the many, many times he has referred to Vice Presient Kamala Harris as "President Harris".

There are, of course, many more examples, and the weight of evidence does not seem to suggest a man who is at the top of his mental game.
                            And those bad days are increasing. Compare a few videos of him back during the campaign and just pick a few recent ones at random -- no careful cherry picking. The change over just that short time is obvious.

A day or so ago, old Joe was doing his typical fact-mangling during one of his "senior moments" where he blathered on about the missiles we sent Ukraine: "Before Russia attacked, we made sure Russia had Javelins." Okay, simple slip. Of course if it wasn't such a common event for him nobody would have raised an eyebrow, but then the duffer added "Just a few days ago, the Wall Street Journal quoted a young Hungarian fighter saying, ‘Without the Javelins, it would have been very hard to stop the enemy pushing ahead.'"

So in the same mind that believes he used to drive 18 wheelers, was arrested trying to visit Mandela in South Africa, and was a tough guy staring down "bad dude" gang leaders (something even old Joe's old friends laughed at), thinks we gave the missiles to the Russians for Hungarian soldiers to use.

Comment

Classic Joe quote from the presidential campaign:

"I'm Joe Biden, and I'm running for the United States senate, and I'd sure appreciate your support, but if you don't like me then vote for the other Biden."

Comment

Nobody is saying he has declined to the point where he no longer recognized people.

I had an uncle with Alzheimer's. For quite awhile he was mostly fine except for the occasional episode. Even getting toward the end, when he was on his meds, he could still hold completely lucid conversations on relatively complex matter without rehearsing it or cheat sheets, but then he would start confusing names and other signs.

So if you are waiting until the point where he keeps asking where Beau is and asks "Dr." Jill who she is, before finally acknowledging his obvious decline, then you are just living in denial. Plain and simple.

Massive goal post moving identified.

My mother died with dementia and she never asked any of us "Who are you." That's what they do in the movies. After a awhile, and her regression was very rapid, like within days, she just stopped interacting with us as family members. It's hard to explain, but she grew cold and distant to us. She would respond if we tried to communicate with her, but started to treat us like we were strangers.

Comment