Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I'm The Most Extreme!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oh my goodness, waiting an hour in line to get a box of food in your trunk? Who is he mad at? He is the President!

    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

    Comment


    • Apparently the White House's failed attempt to disparage Trump supporters with awesome nicknames like "Ultra MAGA" and "The Great MAGA King" are the product of a six-month study by "fixer" Lisa Dunn.

      https://theconservativetreehouse.com...by-anita-dunn/
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God


      From "Fools Gold" by Petra

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Apparently the White House's failed attempt to disparage Trump supporters with awesome nicknames like "Ultra MAGA" and "The Great MAGA King" are the product of a six-month study by "fixer" Lisa Dunn.

        https://theconservativetreehouse.com...by-anita-dunn/
        Yes and it is a badge of honor! They really think this is going to help them in the mid terms...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

        Comment


        • Originally posted by seer View Post

          Yes and it is a badge of honor! They really think this is going to help them in the mid terms...
          Maybe they should start calling opponents an irredeemable basket of deplorables.

          I'm always still in trouble again

          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            He can't even finish a sentence. He can't pronounce words. He obviously lost his train of thought several times. His answer makes no sense whatsoever. A complete word salad.
            Cutting someone off mid-sentence can have negative effects on finishing sentences. You didn’t notice. Have you lost a couple steps, Sparklet.

            Would you like some ice cream.

            Originally posted by Starlight View Post
            Sure, being an order of magnitude more coherent than Trump and not peddling total nonsense is a low low bar for Biden to clear. And Biden can often be a bit of an old grandpa at times. Certainly some signs of mental deterioration compared to his younger days.
            During their Bernie bro primary days, The Young Turks pushed Biden dementia too, often using the same style you’re seeing now from the right fringe. They start from a conclusion and then go looking for evidence. This isn’t even political for them anymore, it’s religious. They’re engaging in apologetics.

            This isn’t so much a discussion as a case study in confirmation bias mixed in with rejected Miss Marple plots. Rogue has an uncle who was coherent until he succumbed from dementia, so Biden speaking coherently is evidence of dementia, too.

            There’s a video up above of Biden speaking at 29 shortly after he was elected to congress. He’s definitely lost some steps.

            So have I. There was a time when I could go two hours rattling off every Galois theorem with its proof in response to a committee member’s request to say everything I knew about finite fields. I could maybe do the same with the Sylow theorems today. Ten years ago I could solve any third order linear differential equation in my head in under thirty seconds. Same same factoring any four digit number. Those days are gone.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              He is saying that there is a problem with race and it is dooming the country -- but "It is doomed, not just because of African Americans."

              Your interpretation would be valid only if that last part gets excluded.
              You’re not rational on this, which, ironically, means explaining it to you a third time isn’t likely to do much good.

              I live for irony.

              If the country was racially homogenous, progress on racial equity wouldn’t matter. But it’s not homogenous, because we have a significant African-American population. We have an Hispanic population which has surpassed the African-American population in the time since Biden’s prediction of doom. So Biden was right, and progress on racial equity does matter.

              Your confirmation bias makes pointing out the reasoning useless, but it doesn’t make Biden a racist.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Apparently the White House's failed attempt to disparage Trump supporters with awesome nicknames like "Ultra MAGA" and "The Great MAGA King" are the product of a six-month study by "fixer" Lisa Dunn.

                https://theconservativetreehouse.com...by-anita-dunn/
                You can tell when something is an official Liberal Talking Point™ when you have the White House (Biden, Psaki, etc) all repeating the same term over and over and then various MSM talking heads using the exact same phrasing in their monologues. It's like they all suddenly discovered this new phrase all at once and you hear it everywhere.


                Comment


                • Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

                  You’re not rational on this, which, ironically, means explaining it to you a third time isn’t likely to do much good.

                  I live for irony.

                  If the country was racially homogenous, progress on racial equity wouldn’t matter. But it’s not homogenous, because we have a significant African-American population. We have an Hispanic population which has surpassed the African-American population in the time since Biden’s prediction of doom. So Biden was right, and progress on racial equity does matter.

                  Your confirmation bias makes pointing out the reasoning useless, but it doesn’t make Biden a racist.
                  Hispanics actually became the second largest minority back in George W. Bush's first term (2003). You only missed that by nearly two decades.

                  You couldn't even get that right picardfacepalmthumb.jpg

                  I'm always still in trouble again

                  "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Hispanics actually became the second largest minority back in George W. Bush's first term (2003). You only missed that by nearly two decades.
                    I didn’t have to look up those projections, like you, because I remembered making them and presenting them at Telemundo upfronts starting in the late 90s. That was free data, by the way, available to everyone from census.gov, so projecting those shifts was child’s play assuming a kid could run a spreadsheet. On the other hand, I spent millions over the years on Hispanic attitudinal studies, well worth the expense to understand the differences in everything from fashion to culture to political leanings across the major Hispanic DMAs.

                    The differences between the fully accultured, almost entirely English-speaking-at-home Mexican, fifth-ranked San Antonio Hispanic DMA and the fourth-ranked Miami DMA made up of Spanish-speaking-at-home Cuban and South Americans with limited cultural ties to the rest of the Hispanic population in the US were startling to me. So it came as no surprise to find Biden startled by them too when he was first encountering them. There’s no comparable divergence in separate African-American communities in the US, so you were wrong when you called out that observation as racist, too.

                    My actual error was the way ‘round, that I didn’t notice the Biden quote was recent because I didn’t see it was taken from a video posted in thread. So thanks for that. Corrected now.

                    Neither case distracts from your inability to comprehend an if-then statement. Nobody but you is going to buy removing the “if” and expecting the “then” to survive the consequent loss of coherence. Three independent observers have pointed out this out to you now. But, as stipulated, it’s not like I expected you to admit your error. You’re too invested in your wrong answers.

                    I’m invested in correcting mine. See the difference.

                    You couldn't even get that right picardfacepalmthumb.jpg
                    You couldn’t even get my error right.

                    Feel free to hide your face on that one, too.

                    And what’s with the “even” … are ya drawing a trend line from a single point again? Dude, math. Standard deviation on a one-point sample is a division by zero. Assemble actual data and try again. But the math aspect is beside the point. Nearly all of your mistakes track back to partisan hackery fueled by a cult-like rejection of mainstream media in favor of propaganda and disinformation sources hypercharged by a willing acquiescence and personal contributions to attacks on fact checking.

                    I’ll say it again. I don’t single you out for extended discussion on these issues because you’re the worst example on the site. You’re not, and you’re not even close. I engage because you’ve demonstrated skills in the science threads that are all you’d need to rescue yourself, if you wanted to. Same same your udder brudder and his contributions to incivility and strife despite his relatively prominent position in Christian ministry. He has demonstrated an ability to correct those errors, too.

                    There’s no upside to engaging with the total flakes here and no downside to engaging with sinners like you. Either you’ll stop “missing the mark” and crack open the doors to the rational and objective discussions I prefer or you’ll continue in the error of your ways allowing me to fully appreciate the wreckage without the pangs of conscience from having failed to provide an adequate warning.

                    Heads I win, tails you stop losing and I win too.
                    Last edited by Juvenal; 05-20-2022, 09:31 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

                      I didn’t have to look up those projections, like you, because I remembered making them and presenting them at Telemundo upfronts starting in the late 90s. That was free data, by the way, available to everyone from census.gov, so projecting those shifts was child’s play assuming a kid could run a spreadsheet. On the other hand, I spent millions over the years on Hispanic attitudinal studies, well worth the expense to understand the differences in everything from fashion to culture to political leanings across the major Hispanic DMAs.

                      The differences between the fully accultured, almost entirely English-speaking-at-home Mexican, fifth-ranked San Antonio Hispanic DMA and the fourth-ranked Miami DMA made up of Spanish-speaking-at-home Cuban and South Americans with limited cultural ties to the rest of the Hispanic population in the US were startling to me. So it came as no surprise to find Biden startled by them too when he was first encountering them. There’s no comparable divergence in separate African-American communities in the US, so you were wrong when you called out that observation as racist, too.

                      My actual error was the way ‘round, that I didn’t notice the Biden quote was recent because I didn’t see it was taken from a video posted in thread. So thanks for that. Corrected now.

                      Neither case distracts from your inability to comprehend an if-then statement. Nobody but you is going to buy removing the “if” and expecting the “then” to survive the consequent loss of coherence. Three independent observers have pointed out this out to you now. But, as stipulated, it’s not like I expected you to admit your error. You’re too invested in your wrong answers.

                      I’m invested in correcting mine. See the difference.



                      You couldn’t even get my error right.

                      Feel free to hide your face on that one, too.

                      And what’s with the “even” … are ya drawing a trend line from a single point again? Dude, math. Standard deviation on a one-point sample is a division by zero. Assemble actual data and try again. But the math aspect is beside the point. Nearly all of your mistakes track back to partisan hackery fueled by a cult-like rejection of mainstream media in favor of propaganda and disinformation sources hypercharged by a willing acquiescence and personal contributions to attacks on fact checking.

                      I’ll say it again. I don’t single you out for extended discussion on these issues because you’re the worst example on the site. You’re not, and you’re not even close. I engage because you’ve demonstrated skills in the science threads that are all you’d need to rescue yourself, if you wanted to. Same same your udder brudder and his contributions to incivility and strife despite his relatively prominent position in Christian ministry. He has demonstrated an ability to correct those errors, too.

                      There’s no upside to engaging with the total flakes here and no downside to engaging with sinners like you. Either you’ll stop “missing the mark” and crack open the doors to the rational and objective discussions I prefer or you’ll continue in the error of your ways allowing me to fully appreciate the wreckage without the pangs of conscience from having failed to provide an adequate warning.

                      Heads I win, tails you stop losing and I win too.
                      That's you told, Rogue.

                      Comment


                      • The latest evidence of Biden's dementia: He needs a cheat sheet to tell him exactly what to do, including when to walk and when to sit down.


                        f154f1a0-f372-11ec-8ba0-b1e12963a6d8_800_420.jpg
                        https://nypost.com/2022/06/23/a-very...en-how-to-act/

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Alien View Post

                          That's you told, Rogue.
                          Yup. An emotional word salad rant directed at me because he screwed up his claim about when Hispanics became the largest minority in the country by two decades.

                          The professor does not appreciate being corrected.

                          I'm always still in trouble again

                          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            The latest evidence of Biden's dementia: He needs a cheat sheet to tell him exactly what to do, including when to walk and when to sit down.


                            f154f1a0-f372-11ec-8ba0-b1e12963a6d8_800_420.jpg
                            https://nypost.com/2022/06/23/a-very...en-how-to-act/
                            Photos of his various cheat sheets have been floating around for awhile but they are becoming increasingly basic -- reminding him to do what should not need to be said. I mean feeling it necessary to tell someone to be sure they first enter the room and then a reminder to be sure to take your seat can not be a good sign

                            But I'm sure someone will be along taking us to task because old Joe stutters.

                            I'm always still in trouble again

                            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

                              But I'm sure someone will be along taking us to task because old Joe stutters.
                              And why is he holding it face out so every one can read it? Good grief...
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by seer View Post

                                And why is he holding it face out so every one can read it? Good grief...
                                Because they forgot to add:

                                YOU hold this card facing you so YOU can read it.

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Ronson, Yesterday, 11:30 AM
                                12 responses
                                44 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NorrinRadd  
                                Started by Gondwanaland, Yesterday, 09:29 AM
                                1 response
                                17 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by Ronson, Yesterday, 07:57 AM
                                3 responses
                                44 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Mountain Man  
                                Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 07:56 AM
                                14 responses
                                67 views
                                2 likes
                                Last Post Cow Poke  
                                Started by Darth Executor, 06-24-2022, 03:51 PM
                                5 responses
                                65 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                                Working...
                                X