Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden Bashers Ahoy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

He used to have a bunch of fake tan stuff that made him look orange.
    Ah - makes sense now
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
      You mean I don't have to feel guilty about eating gobs of crispy bacon for breakfast?
      Or second breakfast, elevenses, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner and supper as well as in-between meals snacks, seconds and desserts.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

He used to have a bunch of fake tan stuff that made him look orange.
        A few years ago, I worked backstage at an event where President Trump was speaking. Curiously, the White House insisted on using their own camera for the feed instead of the cameras we had set up for the rest of the show. The problem is that the camera wasn't properly white balanced which made Trump look especially orange. Our video tech was joking that if the White House knew how to white balance a video camera then maybe people would stop calling Trump "orange man".

As an aside, Trump seemed like a genuinely nice guy in person. The secret service kept us well away from him, and he could have easily breezed on by without saying a word, but he still made a point of stopping to talk to us and ask how our day was going.
        Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-02-2022, 09:19 PM.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

A few years ago, I worked backstage at an event where President Trump was speaking. Curiously, the White House insisted on using their own camera for the feed instead of the cameras we had set up for the rest of the show. The problem is that the camera wasn't properly white balanced which made Trump look especially orange. Our video tech was joking that if the White House knew how to white balance a video camera then maybe people would stop calling Trump "orange man".

As an aside, Trump seemed like a genuinely nice guy in person. The secret service kept us well away from him, and he could have easily breezed on by without saying a word, but he still made a point of stopping to talk to us and ask how our day was going.
          Nevertheless, I don't think it is debatable that Trump utilized spray-on tans which upon occasion tend to give people an orangish tint.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Alien View Post
            OK guys I get it. You don't like Biden. You don't like liberals. Now for something completely different.

What do you like?

You can address it any way you wish, but the basic question is, how would you like this country to be, and if you can, how would you (if you had the power) change things. Here's one way to approach it, but invent your own if you wish. You have just been voted in as President <you> with a solid majority in the house, a filibuster proof majority in the Senate (and no RINOs), and a conservative Supreme Court. Everything else in the world is unchanged. What will you do?

Libs and Biden lovers (both of you) please stay out, at least until the thread devolves into the usual off topic mess.
            For starters, I'd try to do something that even the scenario you posit would probably not make possible: Enact Mark Levin's "Liberty Amendments," summarized here as

• Establish twelve-year term limits for members of Congress and the Supreme Court;
            • Repeal the 17th Amendment;
            • Allow either Congress or the states to overturn a Supreme Court decision within 24 months with a three fifths vote of the members of both houses or the states;
            • Require a federal budget to be enacted by May or impose an automatic across-the-board 5 percent cut, and the budget may not exceed total tax receipts or 17.5 percent of GDP;
            • Place a 15 percent limit on the amount of income taxes collected from natural and legal persons, change the tax-return filing date to the day before federal elections, and ban federal estate, value-added, or sales taxes;
            • Require every federal agency to be reauthorized every three years in a stand-alone bill or else expire, and require a seven-member House committee to approve all regulations with an economic burden greater than $100 million within six months or cancel implementation of the regulation;
            • Limit the Commerce Clause to preventing states from impeding commerce and trade between the states, and specify that it does not extend to activity within states (whether or not it affects interstate commerce) or to compelling an individual to participate in commerce;
            • Extend the protection against seizure of private property to require compensation for regulations that reduce market value or interfere with the use of property in an amount exceeding $10,000;
            • Change Article V so that any constitutional amendment, proposed by anyone, will be adopted if it is ratified by two thirds of the states;
            • Require a 30-day waiting period between agreement upon the final version of any congressional bill (engrossment) and the final vote to approve it, and allow three fifths of the states to override any federal statute or any federal regulation with a cost exceeding $100 million within 24 months of passage or approval; and
            • Require valid photo ID and proof of citizenship to register and vote in all federal elections, in person or by mail, and limit early voting to 30 days before the election (except for active-duty military personnel).

I'd also add a section to one of those proposed amendments permanently setting SCOTUS size at nine, or *maybe* tying its size to U.S. population.

Legislatively and Administratively, and not necessarily in any order...

-- Make it easier to fire bureaucrats, not just shuffle them around.

-- Automatically strip ex-intel officials of security clearances.

-- Give the FBI, CIA, CDC, NIH, and various other alphabet-soups a vigorous, no-anesthesia procto-scoping.

-- Fire Fauci.

-- Make "Constitutional Carry" nationwide. (And I'm not even a gun guy.)

-- Reform FISA

-- Repeal or at least trim the Patriot Act

-- Make it much more difficult for the FBI to do the Sturm und Drang show-arrests of high-profile but low-risk targets.

-- Reform "Civil Asset Forfeiture." (I'm not sure from the wording whether one of the "Liberty Amendments" deals with that.)

-- Drill, baby, drill. Get back to energy independence.

-- Mandatory twice-yearly cognitive testing of everyone in POTUS line of succession.

That'll do for now.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Nevertheless, I don't think it is debatable that Trump utilized spray-on tans which upon occasion tend to give people an orangish tint.

The South Park "Mr. Garrison" version:

landscape-1486048779-landscape-1481210333-south-park-season-20-finale.png?resize=480:*.png
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

That should be Leviticus 11 or Deuteronomy 14.
                for pirates and politicians that would be Looteronomy 11.

Comment

Doesn't explain the spots where you can see normal skin shades in various spots in some of the older pictures. If the whole balance of the color is off on a camera it's going to change it by a bit for the entire image. A lot of people aren't going to notice for some reason, but then again I can't understand how a friend of mine can't tell the difference between 24 frames per second and 60 frames per second.

Comment

Doesn't explain the spots where you can see normal skin shades in various spots in some of the older pictures. If the whole balance of the color is off on a camera it's going to change it by a bit for the entire image. A lot of people aren't going to notice for some reason, but then again I can't understand how a friend of mine can't tell the difference between 24 frames per second and 60 frames per second.
                    I'm not disputing that Trump used spray tan that gave his skin an unnatural hue. I was just sharing what I thought was an amusing anecdote.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'm not disputing that Trump used spray tan that gave his skin an unnatural hue. I was just sharing what I thought was an amusing anecdote.
                      Ah, I misread you then.

Comment