Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden's 'ministry of truth'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post

But it was her idea. That's enough. When she said it or not seems pretty irrelevant, especially considering we have other numerous evidence from her in the past showing she's not only a partisan leftist hack but not at all an advocate of free speech.
    The left has made it clear that they view free speech as a threat to democracy so of course they oppose it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A new Rasmussen poll shows that 59% of Americans are more concerned about the federal government deciding what information and news should be allowed than they are about disinformation and fake news and apparently 48% of those polled said they thought the censorship board "will be used mainly to silence opposing viewpoints."

Meanwhile, Biden Disinfo Governance Board Leader Jankowicz Endorsed UK Speech Crackdown

Disinformation Governance Board leader Nina Jankowicz has a history of deriding the very concept of free speech when speaking with political leaders.

Jankowicz called to curtail free speech in the name of protecting women from criticism, according to a transcript of a meeting in the UK to consider the Draft Online Safety Bill. Jankowicz told the Joint Committee on the Draft Online Safety Bill in the United Kingdom in September 2021. Jankowicz suggested that it would be a “useful starting point” for Ofcom (the UK Office of Communications) to punish Big Tech platforms with “fines” for not censoring users enough.

She also mocked the very idea of alternate platforms protecting online speech as mere “freedom of expression and fairy dust.” The chair of the hearing, UK Member of Parliament Damian Collins, aligned with Jankowicz in calling for a regulatory crackdown on free speech online. He suggested that in the context of these regulations: “freedom of speech would appear to be less about speaking truth to power than one person’s perceived right to abuse another.”

Jankowicz absurdly argued that being a woman online is “an inherently dangerous act.” She added: ”You are opening yourself up to criticism from every angle. I would like to say that this online misogyny is being hastened by social media.” She even went so far as blaming foreign regimes for encouraging people to criticize women in order to subvert “democracy”:

“There is also a national security concern. In the report, we do a deep dive on three journalists who have been targeted by Russia, China and Iran, which recognise this endemic misogyny in our societies and use it to undermine our democratic society. It is not just a democratic concern; it is a national security concern, which should make it of interest to everybody in government. It is not just about hurt feelings. It really affects the way our countries operate.”

Jankowicz also appeared to praise the idea of shadowbanning or deboosting, phrasing it as “demoting content” and phrasing the tactic as “You can shout into the black void, but you don’t get a huge audience to do that.”

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        The left has made it clear that they view free speech as a threat to democracy so of course they oppose it.
        It reminds me of a line from that movie that lampooned Michael Moore: "I love America. That's why I want to destroy it."
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

A new Rasmussen poll shows that 59% of Americans are more concerned about the federal government deciding what information and news should be allowed than they are about disinformation and fake news...
          Only 59%?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Only 59%?
            I think it was 28% supporting censorship with the rest unsure.

Comment

I think it was 28% supporting censorship with the rest unsure.
              I don't like those numbers at all.

Comment

I don't like those numbers at all.
                Neither do many of those on the left, but for a very different reason. They'd like to see them flipped.

Comment

I guess the justification is that it's technically not censorship if they are only "adding context", though I think even a conservative application of the law would qualify that as violating the First Amendment.

So why can't they content themselves with simply posting a response to any post they deem objectionable? Why the need to edit someone else's post?
                  Um - they can already "add context" to a tweet. It called "posting a comment." No need to edit the tweet. Everyone can add all the context they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Um - they can already "add context" to a tweet. It called "posting a comment." No need to edit the tweet. Everyone can add all the context they want.
                    That's not what they want. They want to attach official "corrections" and "disclaimers"

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      The commie witch wants to edit your tweets...

Biden's "Ministry of Truth" director says she wants "verified people" like her to be able to edit people's tweets so they can "add context to certain tweets"

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/...22163725434881
                      Musk had a one word response to her idea: "Disconcerting."

Comment

Musk had a one word response to her idea: "Disconcerting."
                        I doubt anyone of the left knows what that means.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Biden's admin gave a sneak peek at what we have in store with his Ministry of Truth: https://nypost.com/2022/05/13/white-...n-took-office/
                          White House falsely claims ‘no vaccine’ was available when Biden took office

The official White House Twitter account posted false COVID-19 information Thursday, wrongly claiming there was “no vaccine available” when President Biden took office in January 2021.

“When President Biden took office, millions were unemployed and there was no vaccine available,” the verified account tweeted to its 7 million followers Thursday.

“In the last 15 months, the economy has created 8.3 [million] jobs and the unemployment rate stands at 3.6% — the fastest decline in unemployment to start a President’s term ever recorded,” the tweet concluded.

But eagle-eyed critics were quick to point out that the 79-year-old Biden actually received his first dose of the vaccine on December 2020 – a month before he moved in at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

One Twitter user even shared a photo of a masked Biden getting the jab.

“Today, I received the COVID-19 vaccine,” read the president’s original tweet from Dec. 21, 2020. “To the scientists and researchers who worked tirelessly to make this possible – thank you. We owe you an awful lot. And to the American people – know there is nothing to worry about. When the vaccine is available, I urge you to take it.”

Weeks later, on Jan. 13, 2021, the official White House account shared a 33-second video of then-President-elect Biden getting his second dose of the vaccine “because he trusts scientists.”

“Our administration is committed to doing everything possible to ensure every American has all the information they need to get vaccinated,” the post concluded.

Another tweet noted that the White House’s claim simply didn’t add up.

“No vaccine available? What was president-elect Biden injected with? Sugar water?” the pointed reply read. “And [it] was his *second* shot! Maybe check your own tweets

Another commenter, meanwhile, went all in on accusing the Biden administration of rewriting history.

“Great point, Coach,” they tweeted sarcastically. “When America’s first president, Ben Franklin, discovered penicillin, it was one of the biggest medical advancements in human history. The fact that he did that while winning the Revolutionary War and inventing electricity makes it all the more remarkable.”

“Who’s manning the @WhiteHouse Twitter account? Delete this false tweet,” implored Glenn Kessler, editor and chief writer of the Washington Post’s “Fact Checker” column. “Biden himself has said 8% of seniors had gotten the vaccine on the day he took office. Biden was one of them.”

According to Our World in Data, more than 3 million Americans were considered fully vaccinated on Jan. 19, 2021, the day before Biden was sworn in as the 46th president. As of Friday, 257.7 million Americans have received at least one dose, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Twitter’s COVID-19 misinformation policy bars users from sharing “false or misleading” details about the virus that’s killed more than 6.2 million people globally, per Johns Hopkins University data.

Messages seeking comment from Twitter and the White House Friday were not immediately returned.

We were always at war with Eastasia.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                            Biden's admin gave a sneak peek at what we have in store with his Ministry of Truth: https://nypost.com/2022/05/13/white-...n-took-office/

We were always at war with Eastasia.
                            And what was up with old Joe getting his booster in a fake Oval Office on a stage in an auditorium on the White House's campus, in front of artificial windows that displayed digital images?

Comment

And what was up with old Joe getting his booster in a fake Oval Office on a stage in an auditorium on the White House's campus, in front of artificial windows that displayed digital images?
                              Because that's the Left all over the place: Image, staging, hypocrisy ... they're the Hollywood phonies projecting their fantasy world on the rest of us.

It was probably a saline booster, reproduced for the cameras for effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Because that's the Left all over the place: Image, staging, hypocrisy ... they're the Hollywood phonies projecting their fantasy world on the rest of us.

It was probably a saline booster, reproduced for the cameras for effect.
                                Because of all the fakery involved, there immediately followed claims that the vaccine was likely fake as well. They set themselves up for that since there was no good reason to have used a mock up of the Oval Office.

Comment