Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden's 'ministry of truth'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Because it's irrelevant. Assuming what you say is fact (I'm not even sure it is), none of us voted for it, so we can't change that fact nor have any sort of control over that. The only person who would bring something like that up is someone obfuscating opposition against it because they support it.
    Yes, you do have control. Every time you vote you have control.

Unsure what the rest of your rant is supposed to mean. I pointed out the Republicans whining about it are likely directly responsible for it coming into existence, and should learn a lesson from it to stop signing stupid things into law. Then you got all butthurt because I dared to call them out.

Comment

No kidding. But no matter who is voted in votes for it, save a few that do. I support Rand Paul who never votes for it, but unfortunately I don't live in Kentucky.
      I don't live there either, but I'm subscribed to his email newsletter. It's a good way to learn about Senate shenanigans that don't get mentioned in the media.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Yes, you do have control. Every time you vote you have control.

Unsure what the rest of your rant is supposed to mean. I pointed out the Republicans whining about it are likely directly responsible for it coming into existence, and should learn a lesson from it to stop signing stupid things into law. Then you got all butthurt because I dared to call them out.
        No, we have little to no control because it's bipartisan. Even if conservatives rallied against the policy nationwide and voted in Reps against the bill, you have to deal with Dems in favor of the bill, not to mention a liberal media beholden to the military complex that will shrill about how treasonous it is to oppose the policy. Your point was completely meaningless, and that's assuming you're correct these policies are even associated with this tyranny.
        Last edited by seanD; 04-30-2022, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I don't live there either, but I'm subscribed to his email newsletter. It's a good way to learn about Senate shenanigans that don't get mentioned in the media.
          He's definitely a voice in the wilderness.

Comment

He's definitely a voice in the wilderness.
            Senator Rand Paul <newsletter@paul.senate.gov>

Comment

It is wonderful that the Democrats name for this board by calling it "The Disinformation Board" they are saying they plan to spread disinformation. if goign to try and stop such disinformation they should have called it the anti disinformation board.

Comment

The commie witch wants to edit your tweets...

Biden's "Ministry of Truth" director says she wants "verified people" like her to be able to edit people's tweets so they can "add context to certain tweets"

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/...22163725434881
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Biden's "Ministry of Truth" director says she wants "verified people" like her to be able to edit people's tweets so they can "add context to certain tweets"

They just keep pushing the envelope, in spite of the opposition (which so far has been nonviolent).

Comment

I guess the justification is that it's technically not censorship if they are only "adding context", though I think even a conservative application of the law would qualify that as violating the First Amendment.

So why can't they content themselves with simply posting a response to any post they deem objectionable? Why the need to edit someone else's post?
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I guess the justification is that it's technically not censorship if they are only "adding context", though I think even a conservative application of the law would qualify that as violating the First Amendment.

So why can't they content themselves with simply posting a response to any post they deem objectionable? Why the need to edit someone else's post?
                      This seems to be a prime example of them shifting the Overton Window. They shift from extreme A to extreme B so we focus on B (what they can and can't do), instead them not existing at all.

Comment

1st, out the gate. Her idea is horrible, full stop.

Now, for the Devils Advocate.

There's no date on WHEN this zoom call was actually held, nor is there any context surrounding the video. This means that we have no idea if this idea comes from her personal opinion before she was pegged. Also, there is no indication in this video that this idea in any way involves the Ministry of Truth or its role.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

1st, out the gate. Her idea is horrible, full stop.

Now, for the Devils Advocate.

There's no date on WHEN this zoom call was actually held, nor is there any context surrounding the video. This means that we have no idea if this idea comes from her personal opinion before she was pegged. Also, there is no indication in this video that this idea in any way involves the Ministry of Truth or its role.
                          But it was her idea. That's enough. When she said it or not seems pretty irrelevant, especially considering we have other numerous evidence from her in the past showing she's not only a partisan leftist hack but not at all an advocate of free speech.

Comment

They just keep pushing the envelope, in spite of the opposition (which so far has been nonviolent).
                            so far.....
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

This seems to be a prime example of them shifting the Overton Window. They shift from extreme A to extreme B so we focus on B (what they can and can't do), instead them not existing at all.
                              Good point.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

This from the clown who kept insisting that the Collusion delusion was real and not a blatant hoax, and proclaimed Hunter's lap top was Russian disinformation.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment